The greatness of ACC Football

Big Orange 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's look at it this way. They lost to a undefeated Auburn team by 2. A Auburn team that should have been playing for a national championship. The loss to LSU which everyone knew would happen. Jog my memory but they ended up winning the National Championship. This year they lose by 10 to Alabama. Wait there playing for a berth in the national championship. The only loss that bothers me is the one to Georgia. We had that game in control and let it go. So since Beamer has been in the ACC they have lost to the National Champion, a Undefeated Auburn team by 2, a Alabama team that is playing for a berth in the national championship game and Georgia. I call that representing the ACC cuz 3 out of the 4 times he's played the best the SEC has had to offer. I'm sure Georgia Tech hasn't done that lately.

The LSU game in Baton Rouge was 48-6! On primetime television!

This is the worst team Georgia has had in years. I know its a rivalry game and all that, I just dont think THIS Georgia team (whom Tenn throttled, and lost at HOME to Kentucky last week) would have went into Lane Stadium and won. Just calling it like I see it, I despise VT.

what happen last time UGA and VT played??? ;)

what happen last time UGA and VT played??? ;)

VT had a 21-3 halftime lead but got blown out in the second half thanks to the aerial fumble display put on by Sean Glennon...Hokies held UGA to 200 yards of total O in that game...and lost...

VT had a 21-3 halftime lead but got blown out in the second half thanks to the aerial fumble display put on by Sean Glennon...Hokies held UGA to 200 yards of total O in that game...and lost...

Well if Clempsun wins Saturday you will have another shot at them.

But I would much rather see a VT WVU gator bowl, but thanks to Bobby that isn't going to happen.

http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/article/20091201/FSU03/91201007/Times-Union-source--If-Bowden-retires--FSU-headed-to-Gator-Bowl

So much for a VT-WVU Gator Bowl . . .

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/dec/01/011504/bowden-meeting-fsu-officials-about-future/news-breaking/

"Wetherell also confirmed to the Tallahassee Democrat that FSU will play West Virginia in the Jan. 1 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville."

I tried telling folks that the other day...no VT-WVU in Gator...

Yeah, it sucks for the loser of the ACC CG because they may fall all the way down to the Music City bowl (esp if GT loses) because Peach is prob gonna take VT.

No way Peach takes GT, but they could possibly take Clem.

exactly haha

• 3 weeks later...

Tech is gonna beat Tennessee. mayb not by alot but they will. they have to good of a defense for crompton who is a very bad QB. lane kiffin will be cryin after the loss, get caught cheatin on recruitin, hopefully get fired and Tennessee will be back where theyve been the last 5 years...barely making a bowl

I'm not hearing alot about this game anywhere. I figured it would be the talk of the town at least around this area. VT fans have wanted to kick Tenn's butt for so long and cant even sell their ticket allotment. What up with that?

Everybody was begging for a game at BMS so you could sit 200 yards away and not see anything. Not as attractive as sitting inside in a climate controlled venue, I guess.

PS - I have really enjoyed being on this board this year, its very interesting and informative. I hope everyone has the best Christmas ever, and remember the reason for it.

VT fans have wanted to kick Tenn's butt for so long and cant even sell their ticket allotment. What up with that?

The truth about this...

VT fans have learned that when you purchase bowl tickets from the VTTO, you get the worst seats in the stadium...usually upper deck and endzone. VT fans no longer fall for this trick and most buy their tickets from outside sources now, thus the school is left with the tickets for crappy seats and this is reported as "not being able to sell their allotment". I promise you though, there will be plenty of VT fans in ATL...in the good seats...

According to Volnation's message board alot of TN fans bought VT's tix after UT's sold out. Im sitting in the mezzanine level, which I bought from UT. Pretty good seat? I've always had to sit in the upper deck at SEC Championship games.

Until bowls start giving VT good seats, the VTTO will continue to be stuck with unsold tickets.

When I went to the Sugar Bowl in '04, we got GREAT seats through the VTTO. Unfortunately, it was due to a mix-up and we were stuck in the middle of the Auburn "big money donor" section...about the 40-yard line, 15 rows from the field. The AU AD questioned us as to how we got the tickets. I know lots of folks that were much higher than me in the Hokie Club that got much worse seats in the VT section.

Virginia Tech had the same "problem" last year for the Orange Bowl game when in fact the over 25K fans that made the game bought most of their tickets through avenues other than the ticket office. They got better seats and, in most cases, bought their tickets for under face value price.

Sponsors of the bowl game get first dibs on the 35 - 35 yard line seats in the lower levels.

Edited by bhs7695

Looks like the VolNation board is wrong

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20091223aaa.html

December 23, 2009

BLACKSBURG - The Virginia Tech Athletics Department announced on Wednesday that it had sold its allotment of tickets to the 2009 Chick-fil-A Bowl, featuring the Hokies and the University of Tennessee.

Both Virginia Tech and Tennessee each used full ticket allotments from the bowl following their selections on December 6. The remaining tickets were sold regionally and locally through the Chick-fil-A Bowl office.

This marks the 13th consecutive year that the Chick-fil-A Bowl has sold out.

The game will be played Dec. 31 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta and will be televised nationally on ESPN. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m