The greatness of ACC Football

Big Orange 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite their rankings, JawjaTak and Klempson are NOT the two best teams in the ACC...

And yes, I agree, they made the ACC look like $hit today...

just wait until one of those two teams play in the BCS bowl :eek:

GT is not that good...they are one dimensional on offense (however, they do it pretty good) and their D is terrible. The only reason they beat VT was the fact we have an idiot running the O. VT had ample opportunity to put that game away early but our OC held us back...as usual...

Neither GT nor Clemson will win their bowl game and both may get embarrassed in the process...

Even these guys agree about GT's D...read the first paragraphs by Pete Fiutak and Richard Cirminiello...http://cfn.scout.com/2/924237.html ...gives you an idea of just how inept VT's OC really is...

VT is better than GT?

I must have missed something...

This is the worst team Georgia has had in years. I know its a rivalry game and all that, I just dont think THIS Georgia team (whom Tenn throttled, and lost at HOME to Kentucky last week) would have went into Lane Stadium and won. Just calling it like I see it, I despise VT.

If VTech is that great then why did they lose to GaTech then?

Talent wise VT is better on paper than GT.

The best team doesn't always win.

I'm sure you would make the argument that Duke was the better basketball team most of those years they didn't win the NCAA basketball title or Florida State was in football during their stretch of top five finishes in the 90's.

If VTech is that great then why did they lose to GaTech then?

The only reason they beat VT was the fact we have an idiot running the O. VT had ample opportunity to put that game away early but our OC held us back...as usual...

How many tackles did the the O.C miss? The defense gave up almost 350 rushing yards that day, don't think that the o.c fault.

Well, the fact that the OC couldn't get his side to maintain a drive more than a few plays in the second half and left the defense on the field for over 22 minutes of the final two quarters, I'd say the OC is VERY MUCH to blame...

Talent wise VT is better on paper than GT.

The best team doesn't always win.

I'm sure you would make the argument that Duke was the better basketball team most of those years they didn't win the NCAA basketball title or Florida State was in football during their stretch of top five finishes in the 90's.

That's such a trite saying. The best "team" always wins. GT, on that day, was better than VT.

Paul Johnson is the best football mind in the ACC, and I'm not even remotely joking. The man could outscheme a Philadelphia lawyer. He certainly outschemed Bud Foster this year, and admitted as much when he said that VT played the same scheme against him all game. It might be a "gimmick", but it WORKS. 10-2 this season, and in most likelihood your eventual ACC Champions.

GT is not that good...they are one dimensional on offense (however, they do it pretty good) and their D is terrible. The only reason they beat VT was the fact we have an idiot running the O. VT had ample opportunity to put that game away early but our OC held us back...as usual...

Neither GT nor Clemson will win their bowl game and both may get embarrassed in the process...

Even these guys agree about GT's D...read the first paragraphs by Pete Fiutak and Richard Cirminiello...http://cfn.scout.com/2/924237.html ...gives you an idea of just how inept VT's OC really is...

I have to agree with rules. You are only better than the teams you beat. WVU lost to USF / Auburn / Cincy. I'll agree that coaching and one very bad fumble reversal call from the referees had some to do with it, but when all things are considered, football is a team sport including the coaching. We have an idiot for an OC, and a nice old man as the HC. Both of which are not qualified for the position, but are there. We should be 10-1 and top 10 instead of 8-3 and top 25 easily with the crap against Auburn / Cincy. We got plain out beat by USF.

GT is better than VT...they proved it on the field which is the only place that matters. VT has the talent / coaching in some areas to beat anyone on anyday, but yes Stiney screws a lot of it up, but Beamer must like him, so it's just as much his fault. Anyway, plain and simple, you can't be better than someone you lost to. Always exceptions like KEY injuries, even then, on that day when it matters most, you are not better!

VT has lost their last 4 games against SEC opponents.

Just wanted to point that out

And the only wins against SEC teams this year in the ACC came from GT.

Yes they weren't the best teams, but nobody else in the conference managed a victory.

I have to agree with rules. You are only better than the teams you beat. WVU lost to USF / Auburn / Cincy. I'll agree that coaching and one very bad fumble reversal call from the referees had some to do with it, but when all things are considered, football is a team sport including the coaching. We have an idiot for an OC, and a nice old man as the HC. Both of which are not qualified for the position, but are there. We should be 10-1 and top 10 instead of 8-3 and top 25 easily with the crap against Auburn / Cincy. We got plain out beat by USF.

GT is better than VT...they proved it on the field which is the only place that matters. VT has the talent / coaching in some areas to beat anyone on anyday, but yes Stiney screws a lot of it up, but Beamer must like him, so it's just as much his fault. Anyway, plain and simple, you can't be better than someone you lost to. Always exceptions like KEY injuries, even then, on that day when it matters most, you are not better!

So last year Ole Miss was the real National Champions? Since they beat Florida.

And by my count Beamer is 3-9-1 (23% winning percentage) against the SEC during his time at VT.

and in that time GT is 15-23 (39.4 winning percentage)

So if you really want to talk about representing the conference against the SEC then go ahead, and yes I know that VT wasn't in the ACC for all of Beamer's tenure but he is 0-4 while in the ACC.

Well let's look at it this way. They lost to a undefeated Auburn team by 2. A Auburn team that should have been playing for a national championship. The loss to LSU which everyone knew would happen. Jog my memory but they ended up winning the National Championship. This year they lose by 10 to Alabama. Wait there playing for a berth in the national championship. The only loss that bothers me is the one to Georgia. We had that game in control and let it go. So since Beamer has been in the ACC they have lost to the National Champion, a Undefeated Auburn team by 2, a Alabama team that is playing for a berth in the national championship game and Georgia. I call that representing the ACC cuz 3 out of the 4 times he's played the best the SEC has had to offer. I'm sure Georgia Tech hasn't done that lately.

And by my count Beamer is 3-9-1 (23% winning percentage) against the SEC during his time at VT.

and in that time GT is 15-23 (39.4 winning percentage)

So if you really want to talk about representing the conference against the SEC then go ahead, and yes I know that VT wasn't in the ACC for all of Beamer's tenure but he is 0-4 while in the ACC.

Yeh, GT represented the ACC real well last year in the CFA Bowl vs. LSU...good thing LSU let up after halftime...

And those two SEC teams you beat had a combined record of 7-17 this season...the only two SEC teams that are NOT bowl eligible this season...that IS something to brag about...

I believe that the ACC needs to redo their divisions. The divisions are too lop-sided. The Coastal is much better than the Atlantic Division. The Atlantic Division had two teams with winning records, Clemson and Boston College. Both we 8-4. Florida State is 6-6. They will likely end up 6-7. Clemson will likely end up 8-6 and Boston College will likely end up 8-5. The Coastal Division had four of the six teams with winning percentages over .500 (Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Miami, and North Carolina). The last time that a Atlantic Division team to defeat a Coastal Division team was in 2006, when Wake Forest beat Georgia Tech. The final score was 9-6. The powerhouses of the ACC do not need to be in the same divisions. If they have a crappy school playing a good school in the championship, people are not going to buy tickets. Plain and simple.

I agree. I believe that the alignment was done to insure certain teams would anchor each division. Atlantic (BC, Florida Stare) Coastal (Miami, Tech) The problems started when FSU slid, BC has had multiple coaches in the last 4 years, and Miami fell some in stature.

In truth, while not on a par with SEC programs, ACC football is usually competitive and balanced.

Well let's look at it this way. They lost to a undefeated Auburn team by 2. A Auburn team that should have been playing for a national championship. The loss to LSU which everyone knew would happen. Jog my memory but they ended up winning the National Championship. This year they lose by 10 to Alabama. Wait there playing for a berth in the national championship. The only loss that bothers me is the one to Georgia. We had that game in control and let it go. So since Beamer has been in the ACC they have lost to the National Champion, a Undefeated Auburn team by 2, a Alabama team that is playing for a berth in the national championship game and Georgia. I call that representing the ACC cuz 3 out of the 4 times he's played the best the SEC has had to offer. I'm sure Georgia Tech hasn't done that lately.

VT represented the ACC well by losing?

That doesn't make much/any sense

People don't remember good outings or performances, they remember victories.

And yes, I said that the SEC teams we played weren't that good, but we at least scheduled them and beat them, which is something nobody else in the ACC can say.

I'm just trying to make the point that even though GT lost to a mediocre Uga team, nobody else in the conference has done anything at all to represent the ACC against the SEC either.