Ncaa football coaching changes

fieldgeneral

According to espn's front page, it's possible that Skip Holtz is UVA bound and Phil Fulmer is UL bound and has already met with them. Also rumors of WVU's DC Jeff Casteel heading to FSU with Jimbo Fisher. Marshall's Job is open again, of course, what big name will take ND? It's unlikely that an unbeaten CINCY will play for the title, so does this push Kelly to ND? Stoops says he will be at Oklahoma. Who knows, it seems like we watch as much of this as we do the games at the end of the year.

Any thoughts?

PhatPhil and UoL are a perfect fit...he can recruit all the criminals he wants to and UoL will turn the other cheek...

If Skip Holtz goes to UVA, he'll have to change his name to "Skippy"...Biff and Muffy will be so pleased...

Casteel to FSU has been in the works since Jimbo was named "coach in waiting"...

Marshall might be a good starting point for an OC/DC from a BCS school to get some experience as head coach...

Why would Kelly leave Cincy??? He's built a solid program that is almost a cod lock for a BCS bowl bid every year in the BE...not many headaches there as he's already exceeded expectations...

ND can fall off the face of the earth...I won't miss them...

Why would Kelly leave Cincy??? He's built a solid program that is almost a cod lock for a BCS bowl bid every year in the BE...not many headaches there as he's already exceeded expectations...

People asked the same question about Rich Rod, and we know what happened there.

....and barbaque, don't forget unlimited barbaque!

Not barbecue in the 'Ville. He would have to gone to Memphis for that. In the 'Ville it will be Kentucky Hot Browns, or dinner at Pitino's restaurant for some nice Italian.

PhatPhil and UoL are a perfect fit...he can recruit all the criminals he wants to and UoL will turn the other cheek...

If Skip Holtz goes to UVA, he'll have to change his name to "Skippy"...Biff and Muffy will be so pleased...

Casteel to FSU has been in the works since Jimbo was named "coach in waiting"...

Marshall might be a good starting point for an OC/DC from a BCS school to get some experience as head coach...

I doubt that Casteel to FSU has "been in the works." He has had opportunities to leave if he wanted to but has chose to stay. He could have been at Michigan with DipRod, but chose to stay. He is a WV guy and unless he feels he is upgrading.....to FSU....not anymore an upgrade and especially to the ACC. If he feels he's done all he can at WVU and wants a change of venue, maybe. I'm not sure how strong the tie between Fisher and Casteel is, but it's possible. It's been in the works.......I don't think so...but who knows.

If Holtz is offered, I'd say he goes......it's definitely a step up where he could recruit a higher level of athlete, but can he do it. UVA has just been darn awful.

Why would Kelly leave Cincy for ND?

1. for some reason ND is considered football Jesus and all they need is 6 wins and by GOD they have a bowl game and considered by some they shouldn't be considered for.

2. Way more money

3. If you can recruit and build Cincy as he has, ND should be cake.

4. You don't have to worry about a conference crown, play who you want and win at least 6 for a decent bowl.

5. Barring a crazy loss at Pitt, undefeated and maybe no higher than 3 or 4. You go undefeated at ND and you will be crowned NC with no game .....it's just how it is.

BTW....BE needs to tell ND to get in or out, they don't need them in any sport. Basketball, who cares the BE is rolling with or without them. I think independents should be done away with and all should belong to a conference or not be considered for a NC. I too could care less if they fell off.

Guest JJBrickface
Rod had problems with Pastilong too and that accelerated Richie Rich's Morgantown departure.

The problems that RichRod had with Pastilong all had to do with institutional control. Rod wanted full control of the football program. Pastilong did the right thing and refused to, that is why Michigan is under investigation right now.

Jeff Casteel has confirmed he is staying at wvu....plus we just got a much need "big" time commit in Pahokee DT Richard Ash...offers from lsu, usc and others...

as far as others will be something to watch

I really like casteel and our defense hasn't been great this year, but w/o them we loose another 3-4 games. I just hope they look at a 3-4 or 4-3 or just be more aggressive with the 335 next year.

I heard Uva has dropped Richmond off their schedule for 2010. To me that means only one thing....Mike London is leaving Richmond for Uva to take the HC position. Also hearing rumors of Bud Foster taking a head coaching position....haven't heard any details on that.

Also hearing rumors of Bud Foster taking a head coaching position....haven't heard any details on that.

...because there are no details on something that isn't happening...

Amazing, fully agree with G-Man!

UVA comment is hilarious but true. Hope Groh's successor is a successful as he was.

Kelly revered at Cincy, will be looking for a job in 4 years at ND.

Marshall job not as desired as it once was, should be able to recruit kids there that don't have the credits to get in to VT/UVA/etc.

Full Philmer should retire, except I'd love to see him get a job, build a program, and then play his alma mater and win. Wonder what type comment that would elicit from Kiffin?

GMan, fieldgeneral, and some others have taken one on the chin with their predictions about Brian Kelly and Notre Dame. Don't worry, I thought he'd be at Cincinnati next season too, I just didn't post it. Several sources are saying that he'll accept the job on Friday morning after Cincinnati's senior banquet on Thursday night, and he won't coach the Sugar Bowl. It's sad to see him fall into the "Black Hole" that is Notre Dame. Give him 3-4 years and he'll be at the same point in his career that Charlie Weiss is at right now.

FWIW, I'll go ahead and post my opinion. I was waiting for Notre Dame to hold out a little bit longer and then let Urban Meyer take a stab at it. No matter how well he's done and will do at Florida, he'll be the coach at Notre Dame before his coaching career is over. Just give it long enough for Kelly to fail, and Urban's at his "dream job."