Richlands vs Haysi pictures!

BigD4VT

not only is he wearing a long sleeve shirt but he never knows what he is doing when he iis on the court. I see a few games per year and he has played for 4 years and still amazed at his play.

Considering he is leading scorer for the Blues 99% of the time I would say he knows what he is doing. As far as the long sleeve shirt, a few college players are starting to wear them now. Not much different than wearing socks up to your knees.

Does the entire team wear long sleeves. If not then he should not be wearing the long sleeve shirt acording to VHSL. Players can't dress in any way that sets them apart form the team, including undershirts, socks, arm bands, shooting sleeves, etc.

as long as the undershrt is the same color as the primary jersey color then it's perfectly legal.

That is exactly right. Sounds like a little jealousy to me - if the only thing you can complain about is the long sleeves consider yourself blessed.

This technology, dri-fit clothing, is not designed to be a fashion statement. These shirts are made to "wick away moisture" also, to provide a comfort level.

High school gyms are notorious for having varying temperatures of to much heat or being to cool. IMO, it's all about comfort level for varying indoor elements, the same as outdoor elements.

I think players should be allowed to wear whatever under uniforms as long as it matches, but we have been led to believe that if one player wore a t-shirt under the uniform then the whole team had to and that they all had to be the same (ie short sleeve / sleevless). Also, we are told that shooter sleeves are not permitted. What is the difference in wearing a shooter sleeve vs. a long sleeve shirt. There is no difference in my book. I have even been told that all players must have matching socks. In other words if one player wears NIKE socks, then they all have to. etc. Maybe this is just our "team rules" but we were led to believe that it was a directive from VHSL to keep players from standing out in their appearance from teammates. If so, VHSL has gone too far.

Again, I have no complaint with what is worn as long as rules are consistent. I have seen many a ref. make players take off shooter sleeves and arm bands.