Devine and Sanders to return for Senior Seasons

wvuraiders

I don't think he will go until the 2nd or 3rd round. He has HUGE problems with his throwing motions (he brings the ball down to his side before he throws), and he tends to eye the recievers too much, doing that in the league will get you picked off a lot.

I can see a team like Jacksonville taking him in Round 3.

tebow will go first round most likely because of what he has done in college. he's a well liked guy that will do the rights things & that will boost your team image. as far as playing wise it will kind of be like troy smith from osu. heisman winner in college, 2nd or 3rd string in the pros.

They have been talking about turning him in to a TE for the NFL...who knows...we will find out soon enough.

As for Matt Ryan...he was no way good enough to come out as a JR ...I don't think anyway...he didn't get most of his attention until he was a SR...and...in my opinion RB is a much more punishing position than QB...and they have a totally different set of skills to master...I think RB's are much more prepared to come out as a JR...in Tebow's case I just think he had all the hype his JR year and would have gone higher...I wouldn't have risked the injury...which he was very lucky this year when he got his head pounded in that it wasn't more serious....if that was his last play in football, all would have been lost...millions of bucks down the drain....that's my whole point...return vs. risk...now people are talking about 2nd and 3rd round...you would have never heard that kind of talk last year.

Guest JJBrickface

Devine's comments...How can you argue with this?

"It's all about unfinished business on the field and in the classroom," Devine said. "West Virginia University and my coaches are doing a great job of preparing ...me for the NFL and for life after football. Each year on the team has been important and each of us has given a little bit more. Now its time for my senior season with my teammates - and I want it to be a special one, so I am going to give even more. I want to be the first member of my family to finish with a college degree, and I want to bring back a championship to Morgantown. I really enjoy playing in front of the greatest fans in America, but my ultimate goal is to earn my degree."

Devine's comments...How can you argue with this?

"It's all about unfinished business on the field and in the classroom," Devine said. "West Virginia University and my coaches are doing a great job of preparing ...me for the NFL and for life after football. Each year on the team has been important and each of us has given a little bit more. Now its time for my senior season with my teammates - and I want it to be a special one, so I am going to give even more. I want to be the first member of my family to finish with a college degree, and I want to bring back a championship to Morgantown. I really enjoy playing in front of the greatest fans in America, but my ultimate goal is to earn my degree."

good luck...hope the reward is worth the risk involved.

stupid moves...this Devine kid has made wrong move after wrong move though...doesn't surprise me he'd come back. He gets injured and it's over for him...should take the money and run...kid would be a first rounder.

So a college education is a bad thing? getting a degree.... i figured that was a good thing. and no he wouldnt be a first rounder, and yes that is why he is coming back. the people who know( and those people arent on this board) advised him that he would be a late round pick. and NFL stand for not for long anyway so i figured against your better judgement he thought he might just get him one of them college edgimacations. he must be doing something right. he is due to graduate in less that the four yrs. dec 2010 he will have his degree. doesnt sound so stupid

Devine is going to be a great NFL player...he has as much potential as anyone I've ever seen...sad part is he went to WV where it was wasted....if he went to a FL school he would be a top 5 pick by now.

your credibility sinks lower and lower each time you post....

1 he was center stag in a BCS win against the sooners as a true freshman.

2 Played as a true freshman.

3 almost everygame on TV national exposure.

4 Plays in a system that caters to the smaller backs like himself saunders and austin

5 a good chance to become the leading rusher at a school that featured the likes of pat amos steve adrian and others.

6 and maybe just maybe a trouble soul such as his didnt need to be smothered with all the other thugs he grew up with in fla. maybe just maybe the family values kept and taught at WVU and by Bill was exactly what he needed and now he holds dear to those values and wants to finish what he started....... but what do i know, i am a homer 100% of the time

So a college education is a bad thing? getting a degree.... i figured that was a good thing. and no he wouldnt be a first rounder, and yes that is why he is coming back. the people who know( and those people arent on this board) advised him that he would be a late round pick. and NFL stand for not for long anyway so i figured against your better judgement he thought he might just get him one of them college edgimacations. he must be doing something right. he is due to graduate in less that the four yrs. dec 2010 he will have his degree. doesnt sound so stupid

why don't you go back and read whats been posted...if you already have, then don't worry about it because it obviously didn't register. You either didn't read what I said or you didn't understand it...which one is it?

your credibility sinks lower and lower each time you post....

1 he was center stag in a BCS win against the sooners as a true freshman.

2 Played as a true freshman.

3 almost everygame on TV national exposure.

4 Plays in a system that caters to the smaller backs like himself saunders and austin

5 a good chance to become the leading rusher at a school that featured the likes of pat amos steve adrian and others.

6 and maybe just maybe a trouble soul such as his didnt need to be smothered with all the other thugs he grew up with in fla. maybe just maybe the family values kept and taught at WVU and by Bill was exactly what he needed and now he holds dear to those values and wants to finish what he started....... but what do i know, i am a homer 100% of the time

what is your point? my point is, he could make millions if he came out...and could finish up his degree whenver after that...if he gets hurt good luck making $60K a year doing whatever it is he gets a degree in. I never said he shouldn't get his degree...he most certainly should by all means.

Thing is most of you WV fans seem to be more worried about keeping him around another year for your own reasons than you are to admit he would be making more money in the NFL than he ever will by putting his WV degree to use.

What would you guys have done if he went pro, had another riot and burned down Morgantown? No...wait that's how you celebrate lol...my bad.

Maybe if you guys are lucky, he's studying to be a dentist.

Or...

Maybe he's getting a degree in Sports Forum Analysis (<-and no that has nothing to do with anyones sister...just fyi...don't get excited) and you can hire him to explain simple stuff people post on message boards to you...give him a John Madden teleprompter and he can draw you a picture or something and say "Boom" a lot.

whats up with the dentist comment, sounds like someone is taking a shot at 1,819,777 people..

he's studying for something...dentist...doctor...lawyer...anything high paying? What is it?

save you the time...

It's this: he is majoring in athletic coaching education

...and as far as projections...top 5 among RB's if he came out this year...2nd or 3rd round pick...maybe 4th if things went crazy...that's not "late rounds" for you WV math majors....that's early to mid rounds.

Guest JJBrickface
whats up with the dentist comment, sounds like someone is taking a shot at 1,819,777 people..

Lance is obviously a man with a lot of insecurities. He is just mad that Devine didn't run to the NFL. He is basing his whole argument on the fact that money is the most important thing in life. Money can make life easier but it can also cause several problems. Just ask Jack Whittaker. Devine made a tough, but mature decision on his future.

Lance is obviously a man with a lot of insecurities. He is just mad that Devine didn't run to the NFL. He is basing his whole argument on the fact that money is the most important thing in life. Money can make life easier but it can also cause several problems. Just ask Jack Whittaker. Devine made a tough, but mature decision on his future.

yeah...well, if he gets a neck injury or something next year at WV that ends his running days maybe you will support his kids.

I'm not mad he didn't run to the NFL, just stating my opinion as to why I think he should have...I am not a WV fan and I don't have any reason for him to stay or to go...I could care less...I just think he should have taken the money and gone...you are more than welcome to think otherwise.

Of course...I'm talking to the same people here who don't think Obama has a valid birth certificate...so I'm not expecting much from you guys.

yeah...well, if he gets a neck injury or something next year at WV that ends his running days maybe you will support his kids.

I'm not mad he didn't run to the NFL, just stating my opinion as to why I think he should have...I am not a WV fan and I don't have any reason for him to stay or to go...I could care less...I just think he should have taken the money and gone...you are more than welcome to think otherwise.

Of course...I'm talking to the same people here who don't think Obama has a valid birth certificate...so I'm not expecting much from you guys.

why do you care what kind of injury he gets? you just called him every kind of thug and idiot you could think of... you said he always made crazy decisions. you said he was dumb for going to wv. and btw i live in va... and no not grundy. since you forget va ends at roanoke, you sure are quick to pronouce bad teeth and every other bad joke like inbreeding upon the people of wv. just like the rest of va does to us here in swva... oh and by the way . you live in the appalachian mountains.. does that make you a toothless hillbilly as well? that was very bad taste. and i agree if i were him i would have went to the NFL. but im not and niether are you. so before you say i married my sister and i have no teeth. look in the mirror. you are from buchanan co. does that make you a racist? thats what your home is famous for. but im sure most of buchanan co isnt racist . just as sure as i am some people in wv marry their cousins and have no teeth. but my parents werent related im not related to my wife and i have my teeth. so what now?

oh and no i dont think obama is an american born citizen.. im sure he aint and will never be a citizen

Edited by jets

why do you care what kind of injury he gets? you just called him every kind of thug and idiot you could think of... you said he always made crazy decisions. you said he was dumb for going to wv. and btw i live in va... and no not grundy. since you forget va ends at roanoke, you sure are quick to pronouce bad teeth and every other bad joke like inbreeding upon the people of wv. just like the rest of va does to us here in swva... oh and by the way . you live in the appalachian mountains.. does that make you a toothless hillbilly as well? that was very bad taste. and i agree if i were him i would have went to the NFL. but im not and niether are you. so before you say i married my sister and i have no teeth. look in the mirror. you are from buchanan co. does that make you a racist? thats what your home is famous for. but im sure most of buchanan co isnt racist . just as sure as i am some people in wv marry their cousins and have no teeth. but my parents werent related im not related to my wife and i have my teeth. so what now?

funny you mention thug...remember when he beat that girl up outside of Club Z or whatever a couple of years ago? Just curious.

As for Grundy and racist and all that...there is some truth and reason that people say what they do about things like that...doesn't mean it applies to everyone...same goes for WV or any other place. I like how you took what I wrote, got a mental picture of what you thought I was saying, then got pissed off about it...lol...I'm sure the conversation you just had prior to posting this in your own head was brilliant.

That's what.

oh and no i dont think obama is an american born citizen.. im sure he aint and will never be a citizen

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

And THAT'S why he shouldn't be the President of the United States...