Richlands - Taz game moved to THURSDAY

Guest quispbird

Guest quispbird

Richlands vs. Tazewell scheduled for friday has been moved to thursday night at RMS.

Tip at 7:30

Come see some history be made as Gunner Mcghee will score his 1,000 point! (only need like 4)

Guest quispbird

Good one. Best players? Isn't tazewell 1-5 in the district and 3-10 overall?

They must be loaded down with "best players" huh?

He will get the 1000 tonight, I was at the Honaker game last night and I ask you, who really coaches Richlands??? Next time you go watch the head coach, seems he takes orders from his dad who sets in the stands. So just watch it next time you go to the game, maybe that is why Gunner never comes out of the line up.

Another point with Richlands, up by 30 plus tonight and still playing Mcgee. Should we not give Zach Horn some chance in these games since i am not sure he has played all year. They looked like a different team against Tazewell tonight. Sad to see one player that has such a hold on the Richlands program.

Wow. Seems like some people from Richlands are down on one of their own or maybe cause he is better than their Johnny sitting the bench. I think a congratulation to Gunner would have been perhaps......more appropriate. Guess that's to much to ask for. Some people get their kicks on putting down or ruining a kids best night of his life. I heard the coach did a pretty good job getting everyone playing time. I even heard everyone scored. Maybe you guys would be happier with Coach Walker. Just saying.

Wow. Seems like some people from Richlands are down on one of their own or maybe cause he is better than their Johnny sitting the bench. I think a congratulation to Gunner would have been perhaps......more appropriate. Guess that's to much to ask for. Some people get their kicks on putting down or ruining a kids best night of his life. I heard the coach did a pretty good job getting everyone playing time. I even heard everyone scored. Maybe you guys would be happier with Coach Walker. Just saying.

this trade could be arranged lol

The coach did take Gunner out, as I remember, near the end of the 2nd. qtr. b/c he had 2 fouls. McGee was the first player in the game to foul out just below the 6:00 minute mark in the 4th. In a district game in the first 2 qtrs. you are not going to pull your starters, UNLESS, your wary of mounting fouls and also, you don't want your opponent staging a comeback that early in the game.

The younger Johnson, A.J., freshman, got in and scored his first varsity basket. I heard the crowd cheering when Zach Horn scored a basket in the 4th. qtr., "players carrying him off the court" according to Ron w/WGTH.

It was a very good game for Richlands....for Gunner, personally, scoring his 1000th. point... the entire Richlands bench getting into a district game against an opponent that had previously beaten them and all scoring in the game.

Can't get any better than that, boys and girls, in a regular season game.