119- Gage Swartz, James Wood

125- Ryan Hunsberger, Fauquier

130 -Devin Carter, Christiansburg

135 -Zach Epperly, Christiansburg

140 -Ethan Owens, Grundy

145 -Conner Miller, Fauquier

152 - Rich Eva, Christiansburg

160 - David Williams, Hidden Valley

Cburg has won state again...and as usual the fans on the Cburg side have no class and are running off at the mouth...I guess when Grundy built the program for Cburg they forgot to teach them how to win with some class.

just talking the usual crap...i know there is a rivalry, but yelling the stuff they were was pretty low class...like "that's 9 straight you Grundy bastards" and "Losers like always" and stuff like that...various things.

To be fair though, one of the Grundy kids shot his mouth off earlier in the year about Cburg...so...he should have just kept his mouth shut as well...but, he's a kid.

Well I just got home from the tourny and heres my recap. It was my first time ever being at the State Wrestling Tourny and I didn't think I would really like because I never did get into the sport of wrestling...but it was cool to watch. Grundy and C-Burg was neck to neck in the standing for 1st the whole tourny and everybody was watching every match with Grundy and C-Burg wrestlers in it very closey and getting into everyone of them just about.

Theres alot to look at why Grundy didn't finish 1st (they was ahead going into the finals.) Some will say Austin C (103 for Grundy) poor day on Friday not being able to win a match killed us because he didn't get us one point and was the Regional Champ, but what alot of people forget is he is just a freshman...he did great to make the Toury and have the year he did, he also got a rough draw in the brackets.

Some will say if you just take one of the C-Burg transfer's off team then Grundy would have won...but what people forget is a starter or two got kicked off C-Burg team in the middle season for weed...we caught a break there.

I do think that when Sterwart for Brooksville was wrestling in the Finals aganist Epperaly from Christanburg he got screwed in that match, and Grundy had a kid wrestling right after that in the Finals (tyler mc.) and if Sterwart would have won and if Tyler would have won Grundy would have beat C-Burg but it was impossible by points when the Brooksville kid lost and I wonder if Tyler knew that.

Congrats to Ethan Owens on getting a gold medal, worked very hard for it. I think the most exciting match the whole weekend was Cody Rife Semi's match, went in too 2 or 3 overtimes.

With Grundy only losing 2 starters they should be in the fight for 1st again next year.

Edited by swvasport_7