Region 4 D-3 Tourment ?

Blues Man

Seedings/pairings will be determined today when the coaches/ADs meet...Graham will likely be either Cave Spring, Martinsville, and Graham will be the top three seeds...Richlands will likely be #4 seed...

Here is my best guess at seedings:

Division 3

#1/#2 Graham/Martinsville

#1/#2 Graham/Martinsville

#3 Cave Spring

#4 Richlands

#5 Grundy

#6 Patrick Co.

#7 Marion

Division 4

#1 Salem

#2/#3 Bassett

#2/#3 Abingdon

#4 Magna Vista

#5 Christiansburg

#6 Blacksburg

Division 3-Boys

Tuesday, February 23

Grundy @ Richlands, 7:30 p.m.

Marion @ Cave Spring, 7 p.m.

Patrick County @ Graham, 7 p.m.

Wednesday, February 24 (At Tazewell Middle School)

Grundy/Richlands winner vs. Martinsville, 6:30 p.m.

Marion/Cave Spring winner vs. Patrick Co./Graham winner, 8 p.m.

either way it goes it will be Cave Spring and Martinsville playing for the region title

That's probably a mortal lock at this point. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: winning the Southwest is like being the tallest midget. It would be a minor miracle for any of the Southwest teams to advance to the region finals.

That's probably a mortal lock at this point. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: winning the Southwest is like being the tallest midget. It would be a minor miracle for any of the Southwest teams to advance to the region finals.

happened last year didnt it?

actually, thats G'mans saying haha

They have what looks like 6 teams per region for each division. That means teams with less than ideal records can make the tourney. Marion is 9-13 and in. Patrick Co. is 5-15 and in. In D4 Magna Vista is in with a 6-9 record.

Remember, it is a $ thing. More games means more gate for VHSL.

For me it means more games to go watch. I am just happy that Region IV Division 3 is in Tazewell this year.

They have what looks like 6 teams per region for each division. That means teams with less than ideal records can make the tourney. Marion is 9-13 and in. Patrick Co. is 5-15 and in. In D4 Magna Vista is in with a 6-9 record.

Remember, it is a $ thing. More games means more gate for VHSL.

For me it means more games to go watch. I am just happy that Region IV Division 3 is in Tazewell this year.

Ok thank you, I was very confused with the whole system.