Golf at Myrtle Beach

BigBlueAlum

Any suggestions on a good golf course near Myrtle Beach? Not looking for anything too expensive, around $50 for 18 with cart would be good.

try possum trot...along 17 right around north myrtle beach short drive and very nice for price.

Possum Trot is a good choice. All The Glens courses are good, Shaftesbury Glen is really nice but a little more expensive.

The Myrtle Beach National Courses: South and West Course are very reasonable.

The Mystical Courses: Man O War, The Witch, and The Wizard.

Man O War is a local favorite, Wide open with a lot of water that looks scarier than it really is. Greens are superb.

The Wizard is a links style course, but I've never played it.

The Witch is beautiful and very well maintained but the course runs through swamp land and is very tight and several forced carries are required over marsh land. The time I played there a snake fell out of a tree right beside us as we were teeing off. The Witch is probably a little more pricey.

Don't know where you are staying or what area you wanted to play but for reasonably priced courses that are still nice I would suggest Possum Trot, Man O War and Southcreek and West Courses at Myrtle Beach National. You can't go wrong with any of these. Like wvuraiders said Possum Trot is right off 17 in North Myrtle just past Barefoot Landing and Man O War and MB National are right off 501 just as you are coming into downtown MB.

Also, a word of advice would be to get coupon books that are available at Welcome Centers and Golf Shops throughout the Strand. There are usually some good coupons for area courses. I know every year I've went, Man O War and all the Mystical courses have a coupon. Also most courses in the area are much cheaper in the afternoon, especially in the summer because of the heat. Rates are also cheaper in the summer than spring and fall.

I would check with whoever you are staying at to see what deals they may offer with certain courses. Wicked Stick is a fun little course, and is the International and it is owned by a local businessman. True Blue and Caledonia two of the best down there, but offer some great deals with certain resorts. Where I stayed last year offered a great deal on them for their normal cost, but I couldn't get a tee time worked out when I was looking for it.

i live in myrtle beach and play alot of golf...and this time a year most of the golf course have close to the same rate from 40-60 dollars... if your a higher handicap golfer i would look at the wizard, wicked stick, indian wells, burning ridge, river oaks.... If your a good golfer i would look into the legends courses, witch, man o war, world tour, arrowhead cc. All of those courses are on or around 501 but if your staying up north, i dont know alot of the courses up there.

Don't pass my name and game off to someone else. lol

Ooops! Sorry!!! LOL

In all the years I've been on this earth, and all the years I've played golf, and all the years I worked in the golf business, and all the times I've been to Myrtle Beach, I have only played golf at Myrtle Beach ONE TIME in my life.

I go to Myrtle Beach to hang out on the beach all day, eat seafood, drink adult beverages, and smoke cigars. No need to waste time doing something I can do here at home...well, with the exceptions of drinking adult beverages and smoking cigars...:D

Ooops! Sorry!!! LOL

In all the years I've been on this earth, and all the years I've played golf, and all the years I worked in the golf business, and all the times I've been to Myrtle Beach, I have only played golf at Myrtle Beach ONE TIME in my life.

I go to Myrtle Beach to hang out on the beach all day, eat seafood, drink adult beverages, and smoke cigars. No need to waste time doing something I can do here at home...well, with the exceptions of drinking adult beverages and smoking cigars...:D

I'm not a huge fan of sitting on the beach, or seafood. But, I am a fan of warmer climates and free trips to the beach.

I am a fan of warmer climates and free trips to the beach.

There is something to be said for that...

Just hope it warms up for you...its been extremely cold (for them) in MBSC this winter. They've even had snow flurries on several occassions and even had about 3"-4" of accumulation two weeks or so ago.

There is something to be said for that...

Just hope it warms up for you...its been extremely cold (for them) in MBSC this winter. They've even had snow flurries on several occassions and even had about 3"-4" of accumulation two weeks or so ago.

Yeah, I saw that...but I'm not headed down until the last week of this month, so let's hope it warms up some before then.

GMAN, im guessing you probably know who i am... and if you do then you know im not a hack ha

Well, yeh, I do know who you are, and yes, you are a hack. :D We've played together several times at Richwood...your buddy barely survived my 3rd round charge in the Club Championship last year...:eek:...had he and I been playing together that day, I would have caught him...:rolleyes:...

Well, yeh, I do know who you are, and yes, you are a hack. :D We've played together several times at Richwood...your buddy barely survived my 3rd round charge in the Club Championship last year...:eek:...had he and I been playing together that day, I would have caught him...:rolleyes:...

Wait a minute, now we're talking about someone I know.

yea well we both played bad the last day...it wasnt the pressure just didnt get much sleep the night before lol...i started off birdie, birdie and it was down hill after that...