Ponder scores 56 points in season-ending loss...

Bluefield_Rules

#1 Wyoming East hits game-winning shot with two seconds left to get the victory, 85-83. The story of the night, however, had to be Ponder who exploded and kept Bluefield in the game throughout. I'm sure the 56 points is a school-record. Congrats to him on an outstanding career.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Simply Amazing.

Congrats to Craig, I used to tell his brother the game we lost to Ravenswood was the best post season performance I had seen from a player from Bluefield in Charleston, but his brother definitely one upped him tonight.

Bluefield, PV, Oak Hill, and WE are IMHO the 4 best teams in AA on any given night sad to see only 2 of them go this year to the Charleston.

WOW!!

56 points is a crazy number of points in a basketball game, but to do it against the #1 team in the state is even more outstanding.

Big props Craig!

Anyone know who is recruiting him?

Not exactly sure who is looking at him. I know that several WVIAC schools are wanting him. I also hear that VT has shown some interest and also Western Michigan asked to for game film. It is a shame that only two teams from this region go to Charleston, this is hands down the best region in AA basketball in the state. Congrats to Craig and the rest of the Beavers on an excellent season. Good luck to all seniors on their future endeavors.

Is he getting any D-I attention? That's unbelievable!

He participated at some Marshall camps last summer and they showed a good bit of interest, but I don't believe they have followed up with him since their conditioning and season began. I do know that MU assistant coach, Shawn Finney, is a Mullens, WV (the heart of Wyoming East) native so I'm sure he will hear of Ponder's performance last night, if he hasn't already.

Regardless of where Craig goes, he is the type of player you want to have on your team. Not just from a talent perspective, but from work ethic perspective. He and his brother have put in tremendous work into their respective games, and it has/will pay for both.

Good news for Bluefield fans, though. There's another Ponder that should be in middle school or around there, and he's a basketball player. According to his brothers, he's going to be the most talented of all of them.

Good news for Bluefield fans, though. There's another Ponder that should be in middle school or around there, and he's a basketball player. According to his brothers, he's going to be the most talented of all of them.

That's a mouth full b/c Craig and Ansel are both tremendously talented players. The best part, as mentioned, they're very respectful young men. They come from a strong family; their mother raised them right and should be proud of her young man for the class they carry themselves with.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I dont know which one is little Ponder, but one of the kids Brian Checcio keeps an eye on and my mom had in class is unreal. I dont know if he plays football but the kid is a pure athlete and can win games single handedly in basketball.

If you all remember the lanky Steve Yost that played on the championship teams, well, he has a younger brother that plays as well that same age...

I dont know which one is little Ponder, but one of the kids Brian Checcio keeps an eye on and my mom had in class is unreal. I dont know if he plays football but the kid is a pure athlete and can win games single handedly in basketball.

If you all remember the lanky Steve Yost that played on the championship teams, well, he has a younger brother that plays as well that same age...

I watch Bluefield Middle beat Princeton Middle for the county championship for the first time in several years I imagine and was really impressed with 3 of Bluefield kids. Dont know there names but I think one was Yost and the other two were great athletes that could flat out play. Bluefield should continue its success in the future. The Eades kid from Princeton is gonna be a player as well.

The other Ponder kid is Jordan. He is in the 7th grade this year and is going to be a very talented basketball player. The other kids from Middle School are Michael Yost, Shadeed Fitzgerald, David Edwards, and Lykell Collier all of these are in the 8th grade. All of these kids with the talented bunch in the 9th grade this year should bode very well for the future of Beaver basketball. There is another kid that is also very talented but I can't think of his name. Beaver has a very bright future on the basketball court. It will be very interesting to watch over the next few years.