Will Cannabis be legalized?

the watcher

Never met a politician, liberal or conservative, that won't spend every dollar made available to them. On the Federal level the problem is made worse by the fact there is no limit on what can be spent. Much like an alcoholic he will keep doing it until it kills him.

Even spending limits at the state and local level don't keep the problem in check, since the politicians spend and never really save. Yeah, I know about "Rainy Day" funds, but a $250,000,000 fund on a $34,000,000,000 budget is not even a 1% reserve.

I didn't mean to inject the opinion that I am a weak dollar guy, I'm not. My point is that spending, not lack of tax receipts, is the root of our governments deficit problems.

That's mine, too, with the exception that we're printing money out of thin air to justify this spending. If this is the case, I don't get what we're debating about.

If alcohol is legal then why not marijuana? I think that is the bottom line. Alcohol can kill a person.. marijuana cannot, so how can America encourage and advertise something such as alcohol that can easily kill someone and yet make something illegal (and spend millions of dollars enforcing the illegality of it) that could almost be considered less harmful than cigarrettes (not really sure what studies have shown on that, just what I have heard). And whoever said something about how marijuana could pay for the healthcare bill..pretty good point, the money has to come from somewhere. I'd be interested to know how much money the little country of The Netherlands makes from marijuana I bet it is a substantial amount. I'm not endorsing this but I mean the bottom line is alcohol is a more dangerous and destructive substance and yet it is legal.

Yea you can die from alcohol poisoning... have you ever heard of marijuana poisoning? because I sure haven't, that is all i was saying..

I'd say there's a pretty good argument for lung cancer. I would say anytime you put smoke of any kind in your lungs for a long period of time, the outcome can't be good.

Edited by blueinbama