Does anyone here know apple computers?

I appreciate it, I got to the white text but it didn't go any further than that and just went blank, I guess I'll have to ship it to an apple dealer and just have them get the info off of it, 1,500 $ paperweight as far as I'm concerned. I'll never buy another mac. I thought I might have to take it somewhere to someone who can do something with it, but I'd rather not have to ship it.

But I appreciate it much any.

All computers can fail. I've personally never owned a Mac but their reputation is much better than PC. Having said that, I've never had a PC fail. Anyway, I hope you save the pictures, and when you do, back them up. External hard drives are cheap these days, and "Microsoft Sync Toy", which is free, makes it simple to do.

I guess it's 1 of those situations where my opinion will be based on the computer I had, but I know what you're sayin about all computers being able to fail. I did have many of these photos of a thumb drive but something had happened to it to, just some bad luck but I certainly will be backing them all up if possible. Appreciate the comments and hopefully all's well there with you and yall.

appreciate the mention of the sync toy to, sounds good.

I've actually never lost a photo but I did lose a video clip of my nephew that was priceless to me. Now I keep two copies of everything and three of the files that I'm currently working with. Also been meaning to keep a 3rd copy of my archive off site in case of fire or natural disaster. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Sounds like overkill but digital files are easy to lose.

Ah man I'm sorry. When did you get it? And did you get an AppleCare Protection Plan? If you got that they may cover the cost of shipping it back to have it looked at (not positive, but something to look into). Also if you wanted tech support right in front of you, you could take it to a mac store, assuming you felt it is worth it to drive at least 3 hours to do so. If you went that route, the closest mac store is in Knoxville.

There are also various programs you can download that run recovery on your machine. I'm not sure if you would have to take the hard drive out of the broken computer and hook it up to a different machine, but it's something to look into. Obviously if you went this route, it would be all on you and you would nullify any warranty you may have on it. But all I can tell you is keep exploring. It takes a lot to completely erase files. It's just that recovery can be tricky sometimes. I know how frustrating it is when a computer fails. Best of luck, buzzsaw.

I sell computers for a living and to be honest you can never go wrong with a mac. The whole operating system and layout is completely different from a PC but in my opinion is much much better. Not to mention we also work on computers and we get atleast 20 PC's brought in each week to be repaired, viruses removed, etc...In the two years I have been there I've only experienced one person bringing in a mac. To me, that pretty much speaks for itself. Overall performance and reliability of a mac is amazing compared to the PC. If you do need customer service normally its going to be the same thing with apple, hp, dell, etc. 80% of the time you will be talking to someone you can barely understand, just ask to speak to their manager. Unfortunetly chances are you might still have a good chance you can barely understand them also.

I sell computers for a living and to be honest you can never go wrong with a mac. The whole operating system and layout is completely different from a PC but in my opinion is much much better. Not to mention we also work on computers and we get atleast 20 PC's brought in each week to be repaired, viruses removed, etc...In the two years I have been there I've only experienced one person bringing in a mac. To me, that pretty much speaks for itself. Overall performance and reliability of a mac is amazing compared to the PC. If you do need customer service normally its going to be the same thing with apple, hp, dell, etc. 80% of the time you will be talking to someone you can barely understand, just ask to speak to their manager. Unfortunetly chances are you might still have a good chance you can barely understand them also.

I own a Mac and love it...bought it about 6 months ago. I've always owned PC's and never had anything that compares to my Mac.

Thanks for the comments yall, I'll see how it goes.

vthokies I don't think I can recall any plans about it but it's been almost 3 years anyhow. So I 'll just have to see who can do something with it.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

I took it to the computer place beside subway on cumberland today, on advice from beaverbaseball, and they seemed to think they can recover the items rather cheaply and easy enough and perhaps even do something about the computer depending on what's wrong with it. Appreciate it, we'll see how it goes.