Happy Good Friday...

Happy Good Friday to everyone. I am so thankful for what this day stands for. Jesus Christ the one we celebrate as Bethlehem's babe gave His life on a rugged cross and was wounded for our inquities and bruised for our transgressions and by His stripes we are healed. I was not raised in a Christian home so the true meaning of Easter was lost to the Easter bunny and hunting eggs etc.... My junior year in high school I met the One who suffered for me on the cross ,my sins were blotted out and I recieved new life. My life has never been the same and for this I would just like to offer thanks to the Lord and wish everyone a wonderful Easter.:)

Happy Good Friday to everyone. I am so thankful for what this day stands for. Jesus Christ the one we celebrate as Bethlehem's babe gave His life on a rugged cross and was wounded for our inquities and bruised for our transgressions and by His stripes we are healed. I was not raised in a Christian home so the true meaning of Easter was lost to the Easter bunny and hunting eggs etc.... My junior year in high school I met the One who suffered for me on the cross ,my sins were blotted out and I recieved new life. My life has never been the same and for this I would just like to offer thanks to the Lord and wish everyone a wonderful Easter.:)

Thanks wave316!! I hope your Good Friday and Easter are a great time of reflection on and celebration of everything that this weekend means.

Thanks wave316!! I hope your Good Friday and Easter are a great time of reflection on and celebration of everything that this weekend means.

Thanks vthokies4life! Wish you a wonderful weekend as well and the Lord's richest blessings on you and your family!:)

A blessed Good Friday to you, and everyone else.

A wonderful post you've shared, as well.

I've often wondered, what does the "Good" stand for in Good Friday. Of course, we all know why Easter is celebrated: the day of our Lord's resurrection. But I've never heard a sermon on what makes Good Friday "good". Perhaps the day that the prophecy came to pass?

A blessed Good Friday to you, and everyone else.

A wonderful post you've shared, as well.

I've often wondered, what does the "Good" stand for in Good Friday. Of course, we all know why Easter is celebrated: the day of our Lord's resurrection. But I've never heard a sermon on what makes Good Friday "good". Perhaps the day that the prophecy came to pass?

Thanks UVA-Observer, I have always thought it was called Good Friday because of all the good that was accomplished for all of us who were in dire spiritual need of forgiveness and redemption. I may be wrong but I know my life has never been the same since recieving the gift of forgiveness and grace.:):)

Thanks UVA-Observer, I have always thought it was called Good Friday because of all the good that was accomplished for all of us who were in dire spiritual need of forgiveness and redemption. I may be wrong but I know my life has never been the same since recieving the gift of forgiveness and grace.:):)

Wave 316, thank you for your post--it is a blessing and uplifting to me.

This week has been hard with my buddy TJ's homegoing, but I know he is going to be spending his first EASTER with the resurrected Savior and that helps my sorrow.

Truly, a life forgiven by God's grace, through his son Jesus Christ, is the greatest gift mankind has ever been given.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Wave 316, thank you for your post--it is a blessing and uplifting to me.

This week has been hard with my buddy TJ's homegoing, but I know he is going to be spending his first EASTER with the resurrected Savior and that helps my sorrow.

Truly, a life forgiven by God's grace, through his son Jesus Christ, is the greatest gift mankind has ever been given.

Life has many choices---eternity two

tbgfan,so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. We will all leave this life one day. It sounds as though TJ touched many lives and is still doing so today. You hang in there friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of TJ's family and friends this Easter season. God bless you.