K. Pope - s/u double and RBI

H. Shelton - s/u double and RBI

Alexander Nadler - 3 run homerun

D. White - s/u double

A. Jackson - sac fly and RBI

A. Arnold - s/u double and RBI

A. Dove - single and RBI

T. Shrewsbury - single and RBI

The wife and I were passing by the field on Rt. 720 at the time the Nadler kid hit the HR...I saw the pitch, the swing...said "that one's gone"...watched the CF run to the fence...

I told her it was probably another blowout...guess I was right...sad, sad situation...but they did beat Bluefield...:D

The wife and I were passing by the field on Rt. 720 at the time the Nadler kid hit the HR...I saw the pitch, the swing...said "that one's gone"...watched the CF run to the fence...:D

I was listening to post game interview and the announcers had picked Nadler as player of the game (he had two homers and 5 RBI's) so well deserved. He had missed yesterday's game being in Louisiana for his grandfather's funeral. He said his "Nana" had told him to hit a homerun for her and he said the second one was for his "Papa", knowing he was looking down from heaven.

Sounds like a fine young man, who played an outstanding game for the Falcons and for his Nana and Papa. Congratulations Alexander!!

I was listening to post game interview and the announcers had picked Nadler as player of the game (he had two homers and 5 RBI's) so well deserved. He had missed yesterday's game being in Louisiana for his grandfather's funeral. He said his "Nana" had told him to hit a homerun for her and he said the second one was for his "Papa", knowing he was looking down from heaven.

Sounds like a fine young man, who played an outstanding game for the Falcons and for his Nana and Papa. Congratulations Alexander!!

That's beautiful, man. That's a young man I'd be proud to know. I tip my cap to you, Mr. Nadler.

Back to the game, I'd like to congratulate Abingdon on a successful round of batting practice today. But it's OK, G-Men fans, because they all played hard and they're all winners...

That's beautiful, man. That's a young man I'd be proud to know. I tip my cap to you, Mr. Nadler.

Back to the game, I'd like to congratulate Abingdon on a successful round of batting practice today. But it's OK, G-Men fans, because they all played hard and they're all winners...

Not related to this game, so apologies, but speaking of batting practice. I shot the Richlands/Marion softball game today for about 45 minutes before I had to head to Tazewell... When I left the field the score was 18-0 in favor of Richlands. By the time I got to my car it was 19-0. Then when I pulled out of the parking lot I glanced at the field and saw them score two more which made it 21-0.... In the bottom of the 1st!!!

But it's OK, G-Men fans, because they all played hard and they're all winners...

Real classy UVAObserver.

Not the classiest, but it drives my point home. There's no honor in getting beaten like a drum time after time, and I'm not going to pretend like there is. It's not in my character to remain upbeat and glass-half-full when observing repeated, severe failure. If you want evidence, just take a look at my posts last football season when UVA got thumped again and again and again. It IS in my character to put your nose to the grindstone and do something about it.

I've been on the wrong side of some of those lopsided defeats in my day, and it ate at me. I wanted to do everything I could to keep from getting embarrassed the next time around. But I'm not coaching, and I'm not out on the field anymore. They have to want to get better, and they have to give more than just average effort from February-May to do it. They have to go above and beyond if they want to improve, or "change the culture" as they claim they do. Tazewell does it, Richlands does it, Abingdon does it, Carroll County does it.

Graham could too, and it starts from within. Run and do cardio to get yourself in better baseball shape. Get 2 or 3 friends, and spend turns taking some infield and BP. Put a net up in the backyard, and start building your arm 30 minutes every other day. Watch a little film on how to improve the weakest areas of your game. This is just common sense stuff that most baseball players do that want to succeed. I guarantee you that if the Graham players made a commitment to do these little things in the offseason, next year's team would be like night and day compared to this one. At the very least, they won't lose 24-2 anymore.

I want to see them do good and make good, never question that. It pains me to see scores like this, year after year, when the talent's there to be competitive.

Not related to this game, so apologies, but speaking of batting practice. I shot the Richlands/Marion softball game today for about 45 minutes before I had to head to Tazewell... When I left the field the score was 18-0 in favor of Richlands. By the time I got to my car it was 19-0. Then when I pulled out of the parking lot I glanced at the field and saw them score two more which made it 21-0.... In the bottom of the 1st!!!

Whew, brings back some bad memories of all-star team days! Richlands and Tazewell have had just fantastic softball teams for quite some time.

And was that varsity or JV? A little aside, but I have a good friend who coaches a JV softball team near Fredericksburg. He's a darn fine coach and teacher, I've learned a fair bit from him myself. Also played club baseball at UVA. His teams have went 16-1 for the past three seasons.

Alexander Nadler - 3 run homerun

BTW...cool name. I wonder if his friends call him "Nads"...I can here the shouts of encouragement from the dugout know..."Let's go Nads!!!"...;)...

Not the classiest, but it drives my point home. There's no honor in getting beaten like a drum time after time, and I'm not going to pretend like there is. It's not in my character to remain upbeat and glass-half-full when observing repeated, severe failure. If you want evidence, just take a look at my posts last football season when UVA got thumped again and again and again. It IS in my character to put your nose to the grindstone and do something about it.

I've been on the wrong side of some of those lopsided defeats in my day, and it ate at me. I wanted to do everything I could to keep from getting embarrassed the next time around. But I'm not coaching, and I'm not out on the field anymore. They have to want to get better, and they have to give more than just average effort from February-May to do it. They have to go above and beyond if they want to improve, or "change the culture" as they claim they do. Tazewell does it, Richlands does it, Abingdon does it, Carroll County does it.

Graham could too, and it starts from within. Run and do cardio to get yourself in better baseball shape. Get 2 or 3 friends, and spend turns taking some infield and BP. Put a net up in the backyard, and start building your arm 30 minutes every other day. Watch a little film on how to improve the weakest areas of your game. This is just common sense stuff that most baseball players do that want to succeed. I guarantee you that if the Graham players made a commitment to do these little things in the offseason, next year's team would be like night and day compared to this one. At the very least, they won't lose 24-2 anymore.

I want to see them do good and make good, never question that. It pains me to see scores like this, year after year, when the talent's there to be competitive.

That's the problem. The talent isn't there right now. I don't foresee a lot of improvement the next several years. My theory is, and it holds true in most cases, show me a good little league program and you'll see a good high school team year in and year out.