Grundy 2 Richlands 0 FINAL

BIG upset! Told you guys Grundy would be my darkhorse. ;)

Well done, Golden Wave!

Now maybe I have this wrong, but this means that Richlands's season is over, right?

If so, BIG disappointment for them...

Richlands is done.

By the same token, if Grundy catches lightning in a bottle against Abingdon, would this put Grundy into Region play? I have nothing against Abingdon, but I'd love to see Grundy put together some magic. They deserve some good baseball for once.

top 3 go to region...so even if Grundy drops it against Abingdon, if they win the next game they go....so 2 shots at regions for the Wave....which means Kelly should be throwing again.

which means Kelly should be throwing again.

Kelly will be pitching today...just not the same Kelly that pitched aganist Richlands lol. John will pitch today and Chris will pitch in the championship round.

Thinking back to when Richlands beat a mostly freshman Grundy team 50-0, you think they could had saved a few runs for yesterday!

I think that's what makes this win so sweet, that was the most lopsided score in the state if i believe and an embarrassment and to beat them in the tournament to end their season how awesome..

i think i might go over to the field and watch the Abingdon vs. Grundy game...will take the camera and try to get a couple of good pics...take 100 pics, get two or three good ones, it's a good day lol.

It really wasn't that big of an upset. Grundy is improved and played Richlands close earlier in the season. Richlands is young and didn't hit much all year. Great win for Grundy but I'll be very surprised if they're one of the three teams to go to region.

As far as this tournament I expect Abingdon and Tazewell to play in the championship, and I think Tazewell will beat them this time.

It really wasn't that big of an upset. Grundy is improved and played Richlands close earlier in the season. Richlands is young and didn't hit much all year. Great win for Grundy but I'll be very surprised if they're one of the three teams to go to region.

As far as this tournament I expect Abingdon and Tazewell to play in the championship, and I think Tazewell will beat them this time.

You kidding? It's HUGE. Grundy's been the SWD whipping post for decades, worse than even Graham even in its most rotten years. Not to mention the 50-0 demolition Richlands laid on this team not too long ago. Even if Richlands is young, that team's got the talent and coaching to be in the Region IV tournament every single year. This is "Virginia High over Grundy" level stuff. Perhaps even more, considering just how low Grundy was for so long.

And I wouldn't be floored to see Grundy beat either Carroll or Tazewell in the 3rd-place game. That is, if Grundy doesn't slay another giant tonight. Go after 'em, Grundy: having played on some of those Graham teams, it thrills me to see a stone cold underdog rally like that.

I guess that is why they saved Lockhart to pitch against Abingdon instead of Grundy last night. Sounds like someone got caught looking ahead!

Edited by olewave

I guess that is why they saved Lockhart to pitch against Abingdon instead of Grundy last night. Sounds like someone got caught looking ahead!

The score was 2-0... pitching wasn't the problem.

You kidding? It's HUGE. Grundy's been the SWD whipping post for decades, worse than even Graham even in its most rotten years. Not to mention the 50-0 demolition Richlands laid on this team not too long ago. Even if Richlands is young, that team's got the talent and coaching to be in the Region IV tournament every single year. This is "Virginia High over Grundy" level stuff. Perhaps even more, considering just how low Grundy was for so long.

And I wouldn't be floored to see Grundy beat either Carroll or Tazewell in the 3rd-place game. That is, if Grundy doesn't slay another giant tonight. Go after 'em, Grundy: having played on some of those Graham teams, it thrills me to see a stone cold underdog rally like that.

ya know observer, your not so bad after all