Pre-Season SWD favorites thread....

Lance

sorry, forgot this was all about Richlands, not a doubt in my mind they will finish on top, but you never know..

I see it this way

1st-Richlands

2nd-Grundy

3rd-Carroll

4th-Graham

5th-Tazewell

6th-Marion

7th-Abingdon

All I was stating is Richlands didn't lose alot......geez that's all. You made a blanket statement that everyone else in the district lost alot. Simply a rebuttal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy puts the best team on the field since the 9-2 team of 2004...that part I have no doubt about...how well they will be able to do is another question...I could see them going 9-0 in to the last game against Richlands....and I could see them at 5-4 as well if they don't take care of business in the SWD.

There are way to many unknowns right now...assuming that all the coaches are back, and i think they will be...then you have to overcome the Plymal factor...if they can stick to running the ball (like Rowe likes to do) and stay away from all the silly formations and stuff Plymal likes to do...then they will be good to go.

I don't see moving Kelly around as a problem...he's a good QB and has experience...but he has a few issues with holding on to the ball too long and sort of floating around outside of the pocket at times looking down the field ....and takes a lot of hard hits from behind as a result...loss of yards and turnovers possible...he is not the fastest kid either, although once he gets it going, he does run hard...if Grundy has a mobile QB they can swap in and out of in the huddle and not have to run them in and out just to QB, so people wont know who the QB is until you get under center or maybe later than that depending on the play....then I think that could open up a few things....I think Kelly should be the main QB though.

from what i've heard there are a few changes this year with the offense, which is good...and they have picked up a couple of big linemen that didn't play last year...which is good...and they have a lot of experience back at every position...which is good...and from what i've heard they have been working out hard this off season...which is really good....so, when you do good things then you see good results most of the time....so I'm looking for a good year out of the Wave...first time in a long time.

Plus...it's going to be fun to see people playing against the single wing.

Not trying to be "Debbie downer" but no way they start out 9-0, it would love to be wrong on that but just don't see it.

I always hear about the new big lineman thats coming in during summer but it never happens. I have heard that for the past 2 or 3 summers, once again not be the downer just saying.

I can see 3 district wins for Grundy, and I can't wait till the Hurley game...should be fun.

i know of two new big linemen myself...so we shall see.

as for 9-0 it would be nice...thats not what i was saying though...just said i could see them going 5-4 or 9-0 depending on how the district games go...i dont see ER, TV, Hurley, haysi or Marion beating them this year...that leaves Abingdon, Tazewell, and Graham...and I could see Grundy winning or losing those games depending on injuries and how things play out...they have CC at home this year which is good.

so...if you break it down, thats the way i see it...by the time Grundy gets deep in to district play they will have 6+ games under their belt and hopefully will be playing some good football with no serious injuries...if so then who knows what will happen...if they get on a roll things might get interesting.