Falcon Pride

southbound

Same coach now as then. Bobby Wyatt, he's Billy Wyatt's brother. Still runs the single-wing though I don't think they have the athletes to make it work anymore. Their basketball coach left last year for Marion.

I knew someone from Saltville went to Marion. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abingdon gets blamed a lot for politics but what I read on here it sounds like they are plenty of that going on in Tazewell. Well, at least you got a Falcon for a coach. ha ha :D

Yes you do you have alot of coaches 1 or 2 coaches for each kid on the team since the parents run that program not the guy with the headset.

I had to quote this...the smart ass in me just couldn’t let it go. WOW! I know all of Abingdon is proud.

You guys act like Richlands is some perfect place. Give me a Break! Most of your people hang out down here through the week and weekends. If you hate Abingdon so bad stay away-we all know you can't. We just can't get rid of people like you down here. :mad:

You guys act like Richlands is some perfect place. Give me a Break! Most of your people hang out down here through the week and weekends. If you hate Abingdon so bad stay away-we all know you can't. We just can't get rid of people like you down here. :mad:

I live in Charlotte. I haven't lived in Richlands since 1969.

If you ran all the people out of Abingdon who are from elsewhere, the town would be practically empty, and poor as dirt. Also, visitors and tourism is a big part of Abingdon, so I'm sure your city council would disagree with your opinion.

Nobody acts like Richlands is a perfect place, far from it. We have a great football program right now and have won a lot over the last several years and nobody likes a team that wins a lot. I understand why a lot of you dislike us, just like people hate the 48 in NASCAR right now or the Yankees or anybody that wins a lot. And yes, I know that Richlands is not the Yankees or anybody else, it's just an example. I also know that like every other team on here we might have a couple of bad fans that show themselves, but, like all of the other towns that are represented here, they do not speak for the majority of good fans that we have.

Also, like all the towns in SWVA right now we have our problems, but we love and back our team with a passion and that's one reason that we do win. Our program and coaches have the full support of the fans, it's not perfect, but right now........it's pretty dang good.

And if all of us stopped coming to Abingdon and spending our money.............your allowance would go way down !

Well my advice to you is get out and support a local high school team in your area. Let go of the past! Go support the Panthers.

You're advice to me is useless, because you have no idea what I do or what teams I support, and I don't take advice from punks. I graduated from Richlands High School, so I support my alma mater.

Has anyone been up to watch the Falcons work out this summer? Any new transfers coming to join the Falcons? Has anyone seen the field, do we have any grass growing on the football field? So many questions, hopefully someone can help me out! :confused:

Has anyone been up to watch the Falcons work out this summer? Any new transfers coming to join the Falcons? Has anyone seen the field, do we have any grass growing on the football field? So many questions, hopefully someone can help me out! :confused:

I believe I saw a couple in the back yard fighting over a worm.

They took all of the grass off the field b/c they figured there wouldn't be much football taking place this season.

I see why your confused friend and why no one see the falcons as you do we are talking about 2 different sports we are talking about American Football and your talking about Futball as in what i like to call soccer since that is the field that the falcons play american football on a soccerfield thats why they took the crown out of the middle of it wasn't it to make it better for soccer.

The funny thing is that is the case for the rest of the swd. You guys are still living in the past when you think you are good. There is all mighty Richlands and then there is everyone else. Go ahead and bash the Falcons on here because you are right with us. Face the facts Boys-I would still like to think Powell Valley & Lee are good too. :D

Powell Valley had a tough schedule last season. They opened up with Lee, a terrible team. Then they played Lebanon who beat them and Richlands where the game wasn't decided until the very last few seconds when PV completed a pass to the Richlands 3 where both teams were flagged for a penalty and the play didn't count. PV then threw an interception.

The following week PV got rolled by a pretty tough Kentucky school. They then beat Ji Burton, the Class A D1 State Runners-up. That is something Abingdon couldn't do on their home field! PV then lost to always tough Clintwood. They beat an okay at best undefeated JJ Kelly team. They lost to Gate City (enough said). Then they beat cupcakes Pound and Appalachia and lost to Gate City first round of the playoffs.

Powell Valley would have beaten Abingdon last year.

The Falcons play in Division 4 with the big guys, Richlands had to petition down and get in Division 3. They didn't want any part of the big men in Div 4. The playoffs are a joke in Div 3, trust me Mance knew what he was doing getting out of Div 4. Big difference playing Marion for regional title than strapping it on with Salem. You make me sick on here bashing the Falcons! What instrument did you play on Friday nights at Ernie Hicks Stadium? I bet Mr. RHS Champs blew a tuba. :mad:

You are one piece of work there aren't ya man?

VHSL PLACED Richlands in Division 3 because their enrollment dropped to the lower half of Region IV.

You might want to watch what you say about Richlands in D4 because I remember them getting a D4 trophy and they also took on a very tough Salem team in 2004. Abingdon has only made the playoffs once that I remember and that was in 2003 when they won the highlands which was NOTHING without Gate City. Abingdon would even struggle in D3! They wouldn't have a much easier time in D2 either.

VHSL PLACED Richlands in Division 3 because their enrollment dropped to the lower half of Region IV.

You might want to watch what you say about Richlands in D4 because I remember them getting a D4 trophy and they also took on a very tough Salem team in 2004. Abingdon has only made the playoffs once that I remember and that was in 2003 when they won the highlands which was NOTHING without Gate City. Abingdon would even struggle in D3! They wouldn't have a much easier time in D2 either.

Well I agree with statement that Abingdon would struggle in D3 and possibly D2. Bottom line though, Abingdon is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Divisions as they are the lowest enrollment D4 school in the state. Last I heard, Abingdon has about 950 students.

Nice, some respect for the D2 from the AA boys. Appreciated.