Jones named VHSCA assistant coach of the year....

futbolking

Comments? Anybody?

Didn't he coach defense??? ON a team that gave up over 33 points per game???....Or am I incorrect about that?

I have decided that I am part of the problem for Graham's decline in football recently. I have noticed that the public in general in Bluefield, VA is very pessimistic about Graham's footbal program as of late. I for one have decided to be more positive and encourage folks to support the team as much as possible. Complaints and excuses are contagious. I would like to remind the young men playing for the G-Men this year, of the G-Men tradition and encourage them not to let it fade away, it's not too late. You are G-Men and you should hold your heads high, I would also encourage any young men who would like to play football at Graham, but are not for some reason or another, to go out for the team and play...you'll never get these years back. You may regret not going out for the team, or not playing.

Everybody who supports Graham has a responsibility to help build the team up and not put it down. I've done my fair share of complaining about it, but I'm going to try to turn that negative energy into positive and support the kids as much as possible.....

I'm getting old....don't want to be bitter....and old....

I thought you said you were going to be POSITIVE!!!!! Either you are or you aren't.

Comments? Anybody?

Didn't he coach defense??? ON a team that gave up over 33 points per game???....Or am I incorrect about that?

I thought you said you were going to be more POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning on it.....I just thought that was an odd choice for coach of the year...that's a state honor and figured somebody from a team other than one that went 5-7 would've been a more realistic choice.

I'm not even sure if Jones coached defense, that's why I was asking.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative towards Graham, didn't intend it that way...

I would've posted the same thing, if he coached somewhere else.

I heard that Tony Palmer did an excellent job of coaching the JV's defense? does anybody know if he'll be helping varsity this year?

Also hearing good things about Shannon Remines, at J.V. level....any word on him maybe helping out with varsity, too? The kids really like and respond to him well, from what I hear.

Edited by futbolking

Doug's staff is Jones, Palmer, Tim Woodward & Rex Bradshaw. Or at least those are the ones the S.B. approved.

Cool...Palmer is a good coach, IMO...

they usually walk out on the field with about 10 coaches...hopefully Remines will volunteer to help out...Sizemore, Hayes were usually on the field with the team, too.

Jones is a good coach, but where he coached at BSC he had to miss the playoffs due to basketball.

Is Coach Litz coaching at Bluefield now? Thats the rumor I'm hearing?? Litz IMO was the best coach at Graham and should of been given the head coaching job when Glynn died

Sorry but I had to laugh out loud when I saw Jones got this award....he coaches the corners, safety and outside linebackers on defense and pretty much all the skill positions on offense. IMO he was the worst coach at Graham. I don't think hardly any players care for him either. I heard from a few players last year that he told them he didn't want to be there. He must have some dirt on DM for DM to keep him around.