If the Big East Schools Were Women:

Who would have thought Pitt would be the hot nerdy chick.

That's the only one I have some disagreement with.

Pitt is not nearly as academic as most, especially in the state of PA, would like you to think. It's definitely not the best school in PA, that'd be UPenn (top-5 nationally). It's not even the best school in Pittsburgh, that's Carnegie Mellon (top-25 nationally). Even Penn State's better, at 47th, I kid you not.

Pitt, if it were a woman, would be Kourtney Kardashian.

1. Very attractive, and a place you'd be proud to go to school.

2. Doesn't really do a lot in the academic field (like Penn, Villanova, Temple, or even Penn State).

3. Still, not even the hottest in her own family (as Pitt isn't even the best in Pittsburgh).

Sportswise, the analogy works, too.

1. Very glitzy appearance: solid revenue sports programs.

2. Hasn't really done anything: no NCAA championships since Tony Dorsett.

3. Not the hottest in her own family: Penn State has far more notariety.

That's the only one I have some disagreement with.

Pitt is not nearly as academic as most, especially in the state of PA, would like you to think. It's definitely not the best school in PA, that'd be UPenn (top-5 nationally). It's not even the best school in Pittsburgh, that's Carnegie Mellon (top-25 nationally). Even Penn State's better, at 47th, I kid you not.

Pitt, if it were a woman, would be Kourtney Kardashian.

1. Very attractive, and a place you'd be proud to go to school.

2. Doesn't really do a lot in the academic field (like Penn, Villanova, Temple, or even Penn State).

3. Still, not even the hottest in her own family (as Pitt isn't even the best in Pittsburgh).

Sportswise, the analogy works, too.

1. Very glitzy appearance: solid revenue sports programs.

2. Hasn't really done anything: no NCAA championships since Tony Dorsett.

3. Not the hottest in her own family: Penn State has far more notariety.

That is really well thought through, Observer.

P.S.

Just got caught looking at that at work. Dang it. I was reading the Notre Dame one too.

Funny stuff

WVU is passionate.....sometimes a little too drunk, but man is it fun!

It is fun to spit on people, cuss them and their children out, throw things at opposing teams/fans, and have a reputation as one of the worst fans bases in the country? I don't see anything fun about that.

It is fun to spit on people, cuss them and their children out, throw things at opposing teams/fans, and have a reputation as one of the worst fans bases in the country? I don't see anything fun about that.

Bingo.

I'm a die hard WVU fan and I have never acted like this....So don't base your opinion on all "WVU FANS"

I have never based my opinion on all their fans. I have several friends who are diehards that have never cussed anyone out, destroyed property, spit on or physically abused anyone, or thrown things.

All schools have bad fans. Period. I have seen them everywhere I have been, but I have seen more bad apples in Morgantown than everywhere else I have been. I also hear/read more people talk about bad fans and terrible experiences in Morgantown than anywhere else.

That usually only happens at the pitt game lol

It seems as though bhs7695 missed the joke... Thanks for being the thread killer, 7695.

I have been to Morgantown several times and haven't seen all this horrible behavior. Sure there are drunk college kids being idiots, but i've seen just as bad from other fans. He'll I've seen and heard just as bad mouth from some local HS fan bases.

I have been to Morgantown several times and haven't seen all this horrible behavior. Sure there are drunk college kids being idiots, but i've seen just as bad from other fans. He'll I've seen and heard just as bad mouth from some local HS fan bases.

Exactly! it happens everywhere and when it does happen at vt miami or maryland games there fans are the same way! morgantown really isnt as bad as some people make it sound

Exactly! it happens everywhere and when it does happen at vt miami or maryland games there fans are the same way! morgantown really isnt as bad as some people make it sound

I've actually found true (not bandwagon) Miami and VT fans to be quite a good time: knowledgeable about the game and friendly when extended an olive branch. Maryland fans are pretty much terrible throughout the whole bunch.

In fact, let me rank the ACC fanbases:

1. Virginia (I'm biased, and it's my list, so sue me)

2. North Carolina (often friendly, and they know their sports, even non-revenues)

3. Clemson (rabid like the SEC, friendly more often than not, but primadonnas)

4. Florida State (deeply loyal fans, when you get rid of the bandwagoners)

5. Miami (like a K-Mart version of Florida State)

6. Wake Forest (typically a kindly lot, but the average fan knows little about the athletic program as a whole)

7. Georgia Tech (biggest bunch of front-runners you'll ever see, even worse than Duke)

8. NC State (if you ain't first, you're last: VERY unrealistic expectation)

9. VT (separate the wheat [diehards] from the chaff [~2356346 bandwagoners], and maybe...)

10. Duke (one-trick pony, and weird, blind devotion to an unsettling degree)

11. Boston College (sheer apathy, bandwagoners)

12. Maryland (scum of the scum)

I've actually found true (not bandwagon) Miami and VT fans to be quite a good time: knowledgeable about the game and friendly when extended an olive branch. Maryland fans are pretty much terrible throughout the whole bunch.

In fact, let me rank the ACC fanbases:

1. Virginia (I'm biased, and it's my list, so sue me)

2. North Carolina (often friendly, and they know their sports, even non-revenues)

3. Clemson (rabid like the SEC, friendly more often than not, but primadonnas)

4. Florida State (deeply loyal fans, when you get rid of the bandwagoners)

5. Miami (like a K-Mart version of Florida State)

6. Wake Forest (typically a kindly lot, but the average fan knows little about the athletic program as a whole)

7. Georgia Tech (biggest bunch of front-runners you'll ever see, even worse than Duke)

8. NC State (if you ain't first, you're last: VERY unrealistic expectation)

9. VT (separate the wheat [diehards] from the chaff [~2356346 bandwagoners], and maybe...)

10. Duke (one-trick pony, and weird, blind devotion to an unsettling degree)

11. Boston College (sheer apathy, bandwagoners)

12. Maryland (scum of the scum)

I hate to bring this up, but have you been back to Blacksburg since April 16, 2007? The way we collectively go about it has changed. One event rocked our fan base, and, at least for the past few years, we have realized and acknowledged that event as bigger than some stupid game. At least that is what I've seen.

I hate to bring this up, but have you been back to Blacksburg since April 16, 2007? The way we collectively go about it has changed. One event rocked our fan base, and, at least for the past few years, we have realized and acknowledged that event as bigger than some stupid game. At least that is what I've seen.

No worries.

I was there in 2008 for the Vic Hall game. Out of the 3 rivalry games I attended in Blacksburg ('04, '06, and '08), that one was notably worse than the 2 before it. Let's just say, I was called some things best described as: a 5-letter word for part of a woman's anatomy; several words used pejoratively against those who live alternative lifestyles; and a few threats against my person. Didn't see much of that in 2004 or 2006 (the year we met up after the game-man, has it been that long?), but again, 2008 was much closer.

That's not what made me discouraged about the tone coming out of Blacksburg since 4/16.

That was this little incident at the Gator Bowl: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/etc/wb/146903

I could not imagine anything more insulting than what I saw on that Jacksonville Jumbotron that day. I still have no words.

The Roanoke Times ran that story claiming that this banner was the result of a disgruntled Virginia fan. Your Vice President for Alumni Relations also cheapened his apology by implying that there may be truth to that sham of a report. Honestly, UVA had it's best season in a full decade in 2007; why on this planet would any UVA fan fly something like that? Not coincidentally, you see why I think UVA gets the wrong end of the stick in the Virginia media outside Charlottesville and Richmond.

Do I think the tone changed on 4/16? Among the true Hokies, the ones with a sense of pride in university and pride in sportsmanship, there's no doubt it did: like yourself, GMan, Hokie07, Bill-my bowling buddy in PA, and others on this board and abroad. Unfortunately, as happens with a successful program, you have attracted far too many bandwagoners, and those can make you look good when the cotton's high and awful in bad times. I know the true Hokies are probably the silent majority, but the minority is more than audible.