Falcon Alert: Music & Pads

southbound

The Band led the Falcons on the field for the first day of practice with shoulder pads. Some good hitting and music last week at the practice field. The boys seem to be coming around and I think this could be a good season for the Falcons. Keep working hard guys and good luck! :D

The Band led the Falcons on the field for the first day of practice with shoulder pads. Some good hitting and music last week at the practice field. The boys seem to be coming around and I think this could be a good season for the Falcons. Keep working hard guys and good luck! :D

The band led them out? Sounds like the band is in higher regaurd than the players.

The band leading them out on the field? Hell, all we had was a van blasting metal in the mornings.....rather listen to that then a high school band.....especially grundy's (no offense band people)

Van blasting metal. Single most awesome thing I've ever heard...

The band leading them out on the field? Hell, all we had was a van blasting metal in the mornings.....rather listen to that then a high school band.....especially grundy's (no offense band people)

ahh the good ole days, it was either that or coach compton yelling obscenities

we played at elkhorn city my junior year and 5-10 bikers on harleys circled the field during warmups while they played Drowning Pools Bodies over the PA system so loud we couldnt hear the line leaders!

But I like the idea of making practice a school event and not just a football team event

And, the Falcon band, having played a "Who" tribute two years ago, "Led Zepplin" last year, is doing the "Stones" this year. I know how that sounds, but believe it or not, none of them are stoners! Opening number is "Paint it Black" - classic tune! That's Falcon Awesome!

We have a lot of pride at our school with band and athletics. The Falcons have been successful at both. There is nothing wrong adding a little color to practice and it is genius to do so. What can I say-we are ABINGDON! :cool:

Does this statement define the word "epitome"? Anybody?

We have a lot of pride at our school with band and athletics. The Falcons have been successful at both. There is nothing wrong adding a little color to practice and it is genius to do so. What can I say-we are ABINGDON! :cool:

Great post dude! No one cares about what Chilhowie thinks-not sure if they even have a band. My mom told me not to respond to ignorance but I could not help it. :eek:

Great post dude! No one cares about what Chilhowie thinks-not sure if they even have a band. My mom told me not to respond to ignorance but I could not help it. :eek:

I'm not going to get in a battle of the bands with you. Chilhowie has it's own band competition, I assume we have a band. I can't be for certain, I spent way too much time obliterating Abingdon in benefit games for four years to really pay attention. We're finally putting you on the schedule for next year, see ya then!

That wasn't Coach Compton. That was Meatloaf .

times sure have changed....i saw a kid get knocked out with an old film canister once lol...for falling asleep during films...somewhat ironic.