Scrimmages in Bristol on Friday...

Lance

Smallest i have ever seen at Graham, i am so used to the "old" GC/Graham type games. I honestly think GC would beat them 50some to a couple of TD's at best. GC practically gave them one TD. I do love the backs though and i like 71 on the line. He has good size, and he chilled a GC db and then got a 15yd penalty against the GC player, it was funny.

yeah, several sophomores and freshmen will get a lot of playing time on that team....not too many kids stick it out until their senior years at Graham anymore, hopefully this group will stick with it. The tradition that Carlock built is in danger of being lost forever, unless something happens in bluefield to get kids interested in playing football again. It is a strong group of youngsters that we've got...if they do stick together, I think they will be formidable in a year or two.

Edited by futbolking

I wouldn't put much stock in these scrimmages. We've never looked good in these things. They scored 48 points in 4 quarters, so it's hard for me to be disappointed. Secondary still needs work, but they're getting better.

I wouldn't put much stock in these scrimmages. We've never looked good in these things. They scored 48 points in 4 quarters, so it's hard for me to be disappointed. Secondary still needs work, but they're getting better.

yeah but it was 20 to 14 against Grahams starters with 30 seconds to go...kinda shocked me...I wasn't sure if GC was holding back or if Graham was just having a great game lol....either way, it was a lot closer than is being said here with the starters in...GC wiped up with the JV squad though for sure...that was ugly.

pics are on the way up right now...about 270 or so...it's going take a few min for them to get there.

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/2010%20Football/2010%20Bristol%20Jamboree%20Graham%20GC%20PV%20VA%20High%20GW/

couple of quick pics:

just thought this was a cool pic:

IMG_1558.jpg

Graham was actually AHEAD 14 to 13 with about 6 min left to go....then this is how the GC vs. Graham game ended with the starters in:

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

hmmmm....

IMG_1447.jpg

I don't know who this # 15 kid is from GC, but he is good...best on the team (probably best player from all teams tonight) from what I saw.

IMG_1412.jpg

someone tell this kid to get his head up so he can see what's going on...drove me crazy all night.

IMG_1413.jpg

So that was you up top of the visitor bleachers? Nice pics!

no i was on the Va High side...press box.

***I have also decided that from now on, when i'm taking pics and someone walks in front of me, i'm going to take their pic and start posting them up in a special thread lol....just for fun, see what kind of dirty looks i get from doing that.

GC also march 60 yards in 33 seconds for the final of 27 to 14 and btw the first 5 touches GC scored twice, then seemed to sub a little and both of Grahams scores came from GC mistakes and Graham had very short field. GC after go up 13 to 0 so quickly seemed to put in cruse and try a few thing. With GW they got a taste more of the starters due to GW is a much better team. I think we need some work in places and some things looked good... overall not bad at all.

no i was on the Va High side...press box.

***I have also decided that from now on, when i'm taking pics and someone walks in front of me, i'm going to take their pic and start posting them up in a special thread lol....just for fun, see what kind of dirty looks i get from doing that.

Reason I asked I did see a guy over there messing with his camera. You and I was not far apart at all then.

Start posting those pics. Would be fun.:D

GC also march 60 yards in 33 seconds for the final of 27 to 14 and btw the first 5 touches GC scored twice, then seemed to sub a little and both of Grahams scores came from GC mistakes and Graham had very short field. GC after go up 13 to 0 so quickly seemed to put in cruse and try a few thing. With GW they got a taste more of the starters due to GW is a much better team. I think we need some work in places and some things looked good... overall not bad at all.

There for awhile it looked like a GC and Graham game of old.:cool:

yeah i wondered what the big rush was to stick that last score in there...Graham had already started to sub in at that point and didn't even go for it on 4th and short to give GC the ball back...guess they thought they were going to roll the clock or something? I was curious as to why they (Graham) did that...and why GC did what they did...was just a strange series of events.

Also...did you see the pooch kick? what was that all about? there was no pressure to punt or any kick for that matter in this game...not sure why they would run a pooch kick other than to just practice it maybe? Served no point that I could tell.

That's another thing about these types of games...the special teams are gone...so factor that in and you would for sure see a huge difference in how the games play out.

yeah i wondered what the big rush was to stick that last score in there...Graham had already started to sub in at that point and didn't even go for it on 4th and short to give GC the ball back...guess they thought they were going to roll the clock or something? I was curious as to why they (Graham) did that...and why GC did what they did...was just a strange series of events.

Also...did you see the pooch kick? what was that all about? there was no pressure to punt or any kick for that matter in this game...not sure why they would run a pooch kick other than to just practice it maybe? Served no point that I could tell.

That's another thing about these types of games...the special teams are gone...so factor that in and you would for sure see a huge difference in how the games play out.

GC has been trying to practice hurryup or 2 minute Offenses more the past few scrimmages. The 50 yard 30 second drive was just another chance to do so. Had it been a real game Graham would have probably went for it or if GC happened to have the lead like that in a real game they would have kneeled on it. The only people the scores mean anything to are the fans the players are just trying to get some experience. I was puzzled as to why Graham did not go for it because at some point in the season they may be in that position. As for the pooch kick I am just as puzzled as you unless they are remembering what happened against Lebanon last year and trying to practice that to catch teams off gaurd incase they have a small lead again and deep inside their own 5 again. As for how they do against Richlands I dont know if they will be able to hang with the Tornado or not. Richlands may just be too much.

GC has been trying to practice hurryup or 2 minute Offenses more the past few scrimmages. The 50 yard 30 second drive was just another chance to do so. Had it been a real game Graham would have probably went for it or if GC happened to have the lead like that in a real game they would have kneeled on it. The only people the scores mean anything to are the fans the players are just trying to get some experience. I was puzzled as to why Graham did not go for it because at some point in the season they may be in that position. As for the pooch kick I am just as puzzled as you unless they are remembering what happened against Lebanon last year and trying to practice that to catch teams off gaurd incase they have a small lead again and deep inside their own 5 again. As for how they do against Richlands I dont know if they will be able to hang with the Tornado or not. Richlands may just be too much.

well you and I seem to have seen the same games at least lol...I sometimes wonder if I don't see a different game from what everyone else does at times...being a Grundy fan though, I really don't have any bias one way or another in most of these.

By the way...for those following VA High....they looked a lot better than I thought they would...with the #4 kid at QB they are a good team...with the #9 kid in there, it's going to take some work for him to get settled in.

I think PV, GW, and GC are all pretty well matched up this year from what I saw...GC is clearly the best team of the bunch...but the gap is not very big this year. The PV and VHS game was the best of the night I thought...as far as fun to watch...the refs got a little flag happy at one point, but it was a fun game to watch.

well you and I seem to have seen the same games at least lol...I sometimes wonder if I don't see a different game from what everyone else does at times...being a Grundy fan though, I really don't have any bias one way or another in most of these.

By the way...for those following VA High....they looked a lot better than I thought they would...with the #4 kid at QB they are a good team...with the #9 kid in there, it's going to take some work for him to get settled in.

I think PV, GW, and GC are all pretty well matched up this year from what I saw...GC is clearly the best team of the bunch...but the gap is not very big this year. The PV and VHS game was the best of the night I thought...as far as fun to watch...the refs got a little flag happy at one point, but it was a fun game to watch.

Best thing I found to do is let the teams speak for themselves. If GC wants to be the best around this year they need to try their best but man Richlands really really has me worried! I think they will just be too much for Gate City.