Lets talk 8th Grade football........

BigO

Maybe you're southbounds daddy? Maybe I had it all wrong again. He said his daddy knows it all. My degree is from Furman thank you very much. And you're right... nothing is wrong with a community college degree. I would have to disagree with you winning a battle of wits, especially when it comes to football my friend. I've both played and coached at the college level, I won 3 state titles in my high school career. Im not from Battle, or Washington County for that matter. Take your UT degree and go watch video of your 8th grade team. The closest you've ever gotten to a field is filling up water bottles on Friday Nights....

Again, you are wrong. How long must you continue to make a fool of yourself? I, too, am not from this area...not even this state. I have a friend that went to Furman as well...he couldn't get into UT either. No, I'm kidding...Furman is a great ACADEMIC school. It surprises me that you would have such poor grammer. Your entire persona makes me really question pretty much everything you say. If your TEAM won 3 state championships in high school please tell me what high school you attended. Where did you coach college ball? If you coached college ball then drop us some real knowledge about the game! Explain Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 Defense to us..please? Explain the west coast offense to us..please? You have some real e-nuts to come on here and make claims about me when NOTHING I have said on here would lead you to any of the assumptions you have made. Again, makes me question your intelligence and validity of the claims about yourself that you have made. Nonetheless, I am now officially finished owning you and I will not comtinue to abuse any longer. Go ahead and post some nonsense on this thread...I will no longer respond. Phoenix called...they want there degree back.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It surprises me that you would have such poor grammer.

Quick, anyone see the irony?

Y'know, I was just joking with this post at first, but after rereading the exchange, you seem to be lording your "intellect" over everyone else. Pointing out grammatical errors and berating "lesser" schools when you yourself went to a school that can't crack U.S. News and World Report's Top 100 (104, actually, is UT). Don't get me wrong, those of you aside from this poster, UT is a fine institution. However, it isn't I who am degrading other institutions here. I'm merely proving a point.

No, you fully deserve this. And lest you think that you can push me around, fair warning: only a fool would play the "my school is better than your school" and "I am smarter than you are" game with me.

I respectfully suggest that you simply back off with the semantics game. Talking football is one thing, and everyone knows it gets heated in here when there's a clash of strong opinions: that's just part of the camaraderie. However, insulting others for their blameless life decisions just pisses me off, and goes over the line of respectful discourse.

Edited by UVAObserver

Again, you are wrong. How long must you continue to make a fool of yourself? I, too, am not from this area...not even this state. I have a friend that went to Furman as well...he couldn't get into UT either. No, I'm kidding...Furman is a great ACADEMIC school. It surprises me that you would have such poor grammer. Your entire persona makes me really question pretty much everything you say. If your TEAM won 3 state championships in high school please tell me what high school you attended. Where did you coach college ball? If you coached college ball then drop us some real knowledge about the game! Explain Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 Defense to us..please? Explain the west coast offense to us..please? You have some real e-nuts to come on here and make claims about me when NOTHING I have said on here would lead you to any of the assumptions you have made. Again, makes me question your intelligence and validity of the claims about yourself that you have made. Nonetheless, I am now officially finished owning you and I will not comtinue to abuse any longer. Go ahead and post some nonsense on this thread...I will no longer respond. Phoenix called...they want there degree back.

The Tampa 2 is actually a product of the old Pittsburg defenses . Bud Carson, who was the defensive coordinator for Chuck Knoll, should get credit for this. He is the first D-coordinator to run this defense. Im really not sure how Dungy and Kiffen get credit for it. Watch some old Pitt games, and you'll see what I'm talking about. btw.. Does Abingdon usually run straight Cover 2???? Thats all they ran against Battle last Friday. It is usually ran out of the 4-3 scheme. The MLB has to be a stud, because he has the most responsibility in this scheme. The OLB covers short middle between the DB's...no deeper than 10 yards from the LOS. The MLB has to be a stud...His responsiblilities are the assist with the run, assist the OLB's in the short/middle passing game, and also cover the middle of the field from anywhere to 15-20 yards deep. The Safties cover deep halves anywhere from 20 yards and deeper. They are to never let anyone behind them. The weak zone in this defense is deep middle.... Over the MLB, and Split the Safties. Example...Watch the Bears and Colts Superbowl matchup. Manning picked this defense apart.

We can go over more schemes...... how about Buddy Ryans 46, How about Bud Wilkenson's 4-3 Defense....Did you know that the 4-3 originated at the University of Oklahoma? Probably not.

Would you like me to cover the Bill Walsh West Coast offense for you....or are you satisfied yet? You can not talk football schemes with me and win. It has been my life for 26 years both playing and coaching. I'm on this board for the rest of this season, and will be looking for a coaching position when this football season is over. I'm on here to have a little fun, and talk some football. I'm not on here to proof read my posts and be grammatically correct.

Real quick though.......a joke a buddy of mine shared with me the other day. He graduated from VT...... What do people do with a degree from the University of Tennessee? Place it on the dash of their cars so they can legally park in Handicap spots.

Edited by battleftbl

Again, you are wrong. How long must you continue to make a fool of yourself? I, too, am not from this area...not even this state. I have a friend that went to Furman as well...he couldn't get into UT either. No, I'm kidding...Furman is a great ACADEMIC school. It surprises me that you would have such poor grammer. Your entire persona makes me really question pretty much everything you say. If your TEAM won 3 state championships in high school please tell me what high school you attended. Where did you coach college ball? If you coached college ball then drop us some real knowledge about the game! Explain Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 Defense to us..please? Explain the west coast offense to us..please? You have some real e-nuts to come on here and make claims about me when NOTHING I have said on here would lead you to any of the assumptions you have made. Again, makes me question your intelligence and validity of the claims about yourself that you have made. Nonetheless, I am now officially finished owning you and I will not ((COMTINUE)) to abuse any longer. Go ahead and post some nonsense on this thread...I will no longer respond. Phoenix called...they want there degree back.

BTW...It's spelled continue....not comtinue..... Maybe one of your professors at UT should have told you about the grammar and spell check feature on your computer.

Y'know, I was just joking with this post at first, but after rereading the exchange, you seem to be lording your "intellect" over everyone else. Pointing out grammatical errors and berating "lesser" schools when you yourself went to a school that can't crack U.S. News and World Report's Top 100 (104, actually, is UT). Don't get me wrong, those of you aside from this poster, UT is a fine institution. However, it isn't I who am degrading other institutions here. I'm merely proving a point.

No, you fully deserve this. And lest you think that you can push me around, fair warning: only a fool would play the "my school is better than your school" and "I am smarter than you are" game with me.

I respectfully suggest that you simply back off with the semantics game. Talking football is one thing, and everyone knows it gets heated in here when there's a clash of strong opinions: that's just part of the camaraderie. However, insulting others for their blameless life decisions just pisses me off, and goes over the line of respectful discourse.

Game, set, match!

I promised myself I would not COMTINUE to post in this thread...but, alas, you, Mr. UVa, have gone over the top with your accusations. You obviously did not attend UVa law. Proof is required for a conviction. Please explain, or better yet, SHOW me where it is that I berated a school. If you include Phoenix online as an institution where someone attends then I am guilty. I have yet to see a Phoenix campus...maybe there is one that I am not aware of. If I recall correctly, and I do, battlefbl is the one that made degrading comments toward community college attendees. Not me. As a matter of fact, kind sir, I actually defended CC's. In addition, I also complimented Furman for their academics. Lastly, I never claimed, and never will for that matter, that UT was ever or will ever be in any sort of poll for their academics. It will never happen. Does that mean that smart, successful people don't attend UT? Of course not. One must remember that this entire sub-subject was initiated by someone else. Just because there are some high school kids from AHS on here doesn't mean that ALL falcon fans are juvenile. I find it amazing that so many people on here HATE Abingdonians. When I first joined this forum I was amazed at the number of people that would continually berate Abingdonians. Is it that they are jealous of Abingdon because we are the county seat? Is it because some people in Abingdon think so highly of themselves? Every town in SWVa has people like that...every single town in America has people like that. If someone comes on the board and berates me (which seems to happen to all people that show support for Abingdon football) then I will defend myself and my thoughts. I know there is a plethora of football knowledge on this board...just look at battlefbl's explanantion of the Tampa 2 defense...(assuming he didn't get it from Google...which I truly don't think he did).....Look, all I am saying is that I will continue to post my thoughts and defend them...which is what everyone else does on here....just don't question my football intelligence and I won't question yours. If you question mine, then I in turn, have EVERY right to question yours. Fair enough? Now, I am officially through with this thread. Oh, and by the way, I was grammatically incorrect in the last statement of my previoius post when I said that Phoenix wanted "there" degree back...no one caught that one. Good day.

I have yet to see a Phoenix campus...maybe there is one that I am not aware of.

You lose...

http://www.phoenix.edu/campus-locations.html

They even have their own Stadium...

http://www.universityofphoenixstadium.com/

If any of you take this seriously...get a life...