Powell Valley @ Richlands!!

mv91

As I posted & predicted earlier in the week, Richlands produced a convincing win against the Vikings - but PV boys handled the loss with good attitude, played hard, and the coaches continued to teach throughout the game. The Blue Tornados are a very strong team - big, fast, and deep. The Blues executed extremely well against PV and put the Vikes away early.

Richlands showed Coach Robbins a lot of respect - presenting him with a signed football and thanking him for his contributions to swva football. Also, the blues could have produced a more lopsided score but elected to play subs and make conservative play calls after they got far enough ahead.

My gut assessment is that this year's Richlands team will earn a place in the discussions about great teams from our area. But I don't think they'll really get a chance to solidify that place until the playoffs. Area teams are down overall this year and Richland's schedule is a little week - it will be hard to compare this Blues squad to other great teams of the past unless they win the state title. But I'd say they have a good chance to bring home another title.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands had a great game last night....they WERE the better team.

Really, that's all that needs to be said. No need to make negative comments (weak and scared) about the other team....what's the purpose.

As Blues fans, we should try to mimic Coach Mance when he speaks about the other team after the game.... he's not uttering negative comments about the other team's performance.

Being more diplomatic about your win earns you more respect among others....than degrading your defeated opponent.

Providing fodder for locker rooms is an unwise course to pursue in this day and age of the internet..... as, we've seen discussed in a recent thread on here.

(Now, carrying-on with SB and FCman is a comical, harmless distraction....b/c they start most of the banter.) :)

Second this.......

Richlands had a great game last night....they WERE the better team.

Really, that's all that needs to be said. No need to make negative comments (weak and scared) about the other team....what's the purpose.

As Blues fans, we should try to mimic Coach Mance when he speaks about the other team after the game.... he's not uttering negative comments about the other team's performance.

Being more diplomatic about your win earns you more respect among others....than degrading your defeated opponent.

Providing fodder for locker rooms is an unwise course to pursue in this day and age of the internet..... as, we've seen discussed in a recent thread on here.

(Now, carrying-on with SB and FCman is a comical, harmless distraction....b/c they start most of the banter.) :)

I agree with everything you said. Its alot harder to win with class than it is to lose with it and Mance has shown time and time again he is about at good as they come when it comes to having class win or lose.