Gate City vs Sullivan South

gcdevils47

Thoughts, predictions? I believe It will be tight this year

GC-21 South-17

Hoping for a GC win, but don't know anything about SS to predict. I think SS got spanked pretty good by a Knoxville team, their first game.

A side note, I watched most of a replay of the Science Hill and Elizabethon game the other night, and I was suprised. Offense not strong for either team, SH was running the spread, but pretty good defense for both. Elizabethon has a girl on their squad, as a kicker. I think final score was SH 14 and Betsy 7.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Hoping for a GC win, but don't know anything about SS to predict. I think SS got spanked pretty good by a Knoxville team, their first game.

A side note, I watched most of a replay of the Science Hill and Elizabethon game the other night, and I was suprised. Offense not strong for either team, SH was running the spread, but pretty good defense for both. Elizabethon has a girl on their squad, as a kicker. I think final score was SH 14 and Betsy 7.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Well south lost their coach, and 20 some seniors. they are having it pretty rough i hear. Its like we are really good at a 1a and they are bad at a 5a, so its about an even can go either way game. If we win it will make all of southwest virginia look good.

Well south lost their coach, and 20 some seniors. they are having it pretty rough i hear. Its like we are really good at a 1a and they are bad at a 5a, so its about an even can go either way game. If we win it will make all of southwest virginia look good.

They are only 5a in TN but are the same size as some of the Region II Division 3 teams. GC has beat bigger and more talented teams than this years South team.

Edited by swvaoutdoors

I read last week that South had a lot of seniors last year and had to replace several starters. I hope you guys give them a spanking this week. Have you developed a pass play or two since the first week. If you can just get a couple of pass plays into the system then you will be a force come playoff time. GOOD LUCK DEVILS

I read last week that South had a lot of seniors last year and had to replace several starters. I hope you guys give them a spanking this week. Have you developed a pass play or two since the first week. If you can just get a couple of pass plays into the system then you will be a force come playoff time. GOOD LUCK DEVILS

South lost alot of seniors from last years squad and they've faced a very challenging schedule so far. Gate City is good, but I see South taking this game 42-14. I hope I'm wrong though.

South lost to Knox West and Greenville. Greenville is ranked #1 in the state I believe in 4A. Knox West is also very good. South beat Boone last week and Boone has a good team. I think they are better than most realize. They had some problems early but that is do more to the schedule than them being down. They still have some very good players namely the Haden kid who is very good.

I would love the see Gate City win this one. I will be there hoping they can. But I think this one will be tough.

South - 31

Gate City - 14

South lost to Knox West and Greenville. Greenville is ranked #1 in the state I believe in 4A. Knox West is also very good. South beat Boone last week and Boone has a good team. I think they are better than most realize. They had some problems early but that is do more to the schedule than them being down. They still have some very good players namely the Haden kid who is very good.

I would love the see Gate City win this one. I will be there hoping they can. But I think this one will be tough.

South - 31

Gate City - 14

This is w/u in BHC today:

No. 5 Gate City @Sullivan South

Last meeting: Sullivan South 41, Gate City 14 (Sept. 11, 2009 in GC)

An estimated crowd of 7,000 watched this border bash last season at Legion Field.... Gate City has played two straight games without regular QB Dusty Clark, but Nick Bowen passed for 195 yards and two scores last week against Tazewell....After opening the season with two losses, South compiled 368 total yards enroute to a 41-16 win over Big 8 Conference rival Daniel Boone last week.

Prediction: Gate City 21, Sullivan South 20