Tazewell Vs CC

stu_bean

Guest old_school

It will be tough on Tazewell. They are fighting a couple of injuries already. I hope they play well but it will really hard to beat CC this week.

Gonna have to go with CC in this one. Taz is young and getting better week by week. But I just dont think they will have enough to pull it out against a battle tested CC. Basset and Cburg early in the season pays dividends in experience in district play.

It will be tough on Tazewell. They are fighting a couple of injuries already. I hope they play well but it will really hard to beat CC this week.

Hadn't heard about injuries either. Who is it that's hurt this week?

truth: no one said anything because we like Tazewell better than we like CC, and CC is going to wipe the turf with Tazewell on Friday night.

not so fast my friend!!! tazewell may very well pull this one out. at least i hope so.

Same story different week tazewell's defense hasn't stoped anybody this year and now I'm hearing form the kids that the coaching staff is not getting along.This season needs to be over tomorrow.This is not good for the kids or the community.I really hate to see this.

Same story different week tazewell's defense hasn't stoped anybody this year and now I'm hearing form the kids that the coaching staff is not getting along.This season needs to be over tomorrow.This is not good for the kids or the community.I really hate to see this.

until the parents and the politicians in the town and county leave the coach alone this is all you will ever have...Wyatt was a good coach...you guys ran him off, nice job. So now you get the great Terry Smith...he hung the moon, be happy...next one you get will probably be worse after you run Smith off...it won't take long, over/under is two years.

until the parents and the politicians in the town and county leave the coach alone this is all you will ever have...Wyatt was a good coach...you guys ran him off, nice job. So now you get the great Terry Smith...he hung the moon, be happy...next one you get will probably be worse after you run Smith off...it won't take long, over/under is two years.

That's something I just don's understand. We can get a good coach and all to easy to run him off. Graham would give anything to run Marrs out of town and they can't! I know from an inside source Smith is trying to build our facilities up to what they should be. We are behind in our training facilities and field house by several years compared to other area schools. He is trying to do some great things. I hope that he is able to build back to what we had in the 80's. From everything I am hearing he is working on it but it will take some time. Everybody just needs to let him build it, nothing is overnight.

I have heard, of recent years anyway, that it is hard to keep kids together at Tazewell. What I mean is that you will have 20 freshman on a team and by the time they're seniors only 4 or 5 of those are still playing. Hard to build a team like that. Is Tazewell one of these schools that if a certain parents kid don't play then they go crying? If so, it don't work this way, playing is earned and not given.

I have heard, of recent years anyway, that it is hard to keep kids together at Tazewell. What I mean is that you will have 20 freshman on a team and by the time they're seniors only 4 or 5 of those are still playing. Hard to build a team like that. Is Tazewell one of these schools that if a certain parents kid don't play then they go crying? If so, it don't work this way, playing is earned and not given.

yeah...just go sit on the Tazewell side at any "big" game for a while and you will hear it from the stands...there are a few outside of the program that try to run the show year in and year out and are in the position to put pressure on the coach...until that stops nothing will change...like I said Wyatt was a good coach, you guys ran him off...Smith gets another offer to coach somewhere he will be gone soon enough...wait and see...there are those that dont care about football or winning as long as they get what they want.

Then you get the parents that don't want little Jr. being called a peckerhead for being a half ass...so they raise hell with everyone but the coach and cause all sorts of drama...these are the ones who have kids that "want to play football, but won't play as long as he's coaching"...here's the deal...you have 4 years to play ball then it's done...you either play or you dont...you don't have control over who the coach is...if you like the game then you play...period. I have no idea what these types of people think, but all it does is cause a bunch of problems and you get these little groups of kids that should be playing but use that as an excuse to sit home and play xbox.

this stuff goes on everywhere really...just not as bad as Tazewell...plus it's no great secret that Richlands is the county's golden child in football, so anything from the county is going to be drifted in that direction first....fair or not.

It's sad, but true.

As a coach you have the responsability to be a mentor to this kids and field the best football team you can. You can't worry about playing all the kids (thats what blowouts are for - case in point richlands this season) and hurting someones feelings because football and life don't work that way. The coach is going to play the kid that worked his tail off, has talent and puts the team in the best situation to win, period get over it. The parents and polaticen need to get out of it and let the coach do what he needs to do. The problem these days is parents and people in general what everthing handed to them without working for it.

I have been frustrated that Richlands has always had a better team than Tazewell, even in the 1950's when I attended THS. Maybe Tazewell should enroll some spies at Richlands to determine what they are doing that Tazewell obviously isn't. How many of the freshmen that enter the football program are eventual dropouts? It appears that there is a problem with the school administration. Parents cannot interfere with a sports program unless someone in the school administration sanctions it. I suppose Tazewell is performing a service for others; giving their coaches experience to coach a winning team elsewhere. Maybe the intrusive parents should take a look at themselves as a part of the problem.

I have been frustrated that Richlands has always had a better team than Tazewell, even in the 1950's when I attended THS. Maybe Tazewell should enroll some spies at Richlands to determine what they are doing that Tazewell obviously isn't. How many of the freshmen that enter the football program are eventual dropouts? It appears that there is a problem with the school administration. Parents cannot interfere with a sports program unless someone in the school administration sanctions it. I suppose Tazewell is performing a service for others; giving their coaches experience to coach a winning team elsewhere. Maybe the intrusive parents should take a look at themselves as a part of the problem.

While I agree with most of your post Richlands has not always been a better team than Tazewell. I attended THS in the 1960's we almost always beat them. We always had trouble with Graham. I do feel that Tazewell's main problem are the parents inserting themselves way to much.

While I agree with most of your post Richlands has not always been a better team than Tazewell. I attended THS in the 1960's we almost always beat them. We always had trouble with Graham. I do feel that Tazewell's main problem are the parents inserting themselves way to much.

I go to a lot of games...scrimmages and I'm at a game every week from the time that two a days end until the playoffs are over...I sometimes see a couple of games a week if there are thursday-friday-saturday games...rare but it happens.

I have never seen anything like what goes on at a Tazewell game in the stands...the people are all over the coaches for anything that goes wrong...I remember one game was Tazewell at Graham and I was sitting behind a parent...it was the game that Robert Henry went ballistic in the last couple of minutes to win a game that Tazewell had all but won...you should have heard what was being said...one, by the parent to his kid and two by the parent to the coaches...I felt bad for the coaches, and worse for the kid.

not saying it's all the Tazewell fans and parents that do this...but, there always seems to be a few every year...I'm sure some of the other parents know who I'm talking about and see it themselves...they have to, don't see how they couldn't.

The more changes they make in the coaches, the longer its going to take to get things turned around.