Dobyns Bennett or Richlands?

gcdevils47

I know this won't ever happen, but just a random post. haha I pick Richlands. oh and on the SWVA/NETN all star game. SWVA will win, on the pure fact of the rivalries in NETN. every school hates each other. South-Db Db-Science Hill South-Boone Db-Boone Tennessee High-Db + South

there is no way they could win.

There is a reason that those schools never go far in the postseason in NE Tn, they are just not that good. Very good when they play each other, but not outside the area. Richlands has the best Coaching staff in SWVA or NE Tn, period. The Richlands Kids work hard in the weight room year round. Just add all the State Championships up from SW Virginia Schools over the years from Gate City, PV, Appalachia, Richlands, Graham and even one from Tazewell back in the 80s. How many State Football Championships from the Eastern Tennessee Schools?

There is a reason that those schools never go far in the postseason in NE Tn, they are just not that good. Very good when they play each other, but not outside the area. Richlands has the best Coaching staff in SWVA or NE Tn, period. The Richlands Kids work hard in the weight room year round. Just add all the State Championships up from SW Virginia Schools over the years from Gate City, PV, Appalachia, Richlands, Graham and even one from Tazewell back in the 80s. How many State Football Championships from the Eastern Tennessee Schools?

Zero. I'm not sure of the exact year but no team from NETN has won a state title since the late 70's. Thinking it was D-B. But NETN is working on 30+ years without one.

I would love to see Richlands pick up a NETN school to add to their schedule. If the Bluefield series won't be added back. Tennessee High would be a good fit if they could work it out. D-B or Science Hill would never do it however.

Its hard to call this one. Va. High which COULD win the CMD, was trounced by a graduation depleted Tenn High team a couple of weeks ago. Richlands vs. Tenn High or DB? I dont know who would win, but I would be there.

I know this won't ever happen, but just a random post. haha I pick Richlands. oh and on the SWVA/NETN all star game. SWVA will win, on the pure fact of the rivalries in NETN. every school hates each other. South-Db Db-Science Hill South-Boone Db-Boone Tennessee High-Db + South

there is no way they could win.

I say they set this game up in a neutral site...lets say Bristol Motor Speedway :D

Zero. I'm not sure of the exact year but no team from NETN has won a state title since the late 70's. Thinking it was D-B. But NETN is working on 30+ years without one.

I would love to see Richlands pick up a NETN school to add to their schedule. If the Bluefield series won't be added back. Tennessee High would be a good fit if they could work it out. D-B or Science Hill would never do it however.

It was just a few years ago that DB picked up North for two games. S. North has a smaller enrollment than Richlands. I see DB picking up Gate City before they would play Richlands and that will not happen anytime soon. DB is too interested in Knoxville schools right now. Truthfully I would love to see DB pick up one of opur AAA teams. Just think how ugly it would be DB vs. Oscar Smith or DB vs. Phoebus! If Richlands wants their hand at a good TN team try Maryville or Alcoa. I garuntee Alcoa would be game.

It was just a few years ago that DB picked up North for two games. S. North has a smaller enrollment than Richlands. I see DB picking up Gate City before they would play Richlands and that will not happen anytime soon. DB is too interested in Knoxville schools right now. Truthfully I would love to see DB pick up one of opur AAA teams. Just think how ugly it would be DB vs. Oscar Smith or DB vs. Phoebus! If Richlands wants their hand at a good TN team try Maryville or Alcoa. I garuntee Alcoa would be game.

This is no disrespect toward Richlands...or DB. Alcoa would defeat either team by no less than 3+ TD's. Different Animal all together. They do not play finesse football, They line up in the I, and smack it down your throat. They're much bigger, and faster than anyone in SWVA. I'm not sure whats in the water down there, but they need to share it.

I'd love to see DB play Phoebus or Oscar Smith. I watched these two teams win D5 and D6 state titles at Lane Stadium a few years ago. They would wear DB out.

I would love to see Db play a 5a or 6a school from virginia. DB talks so much trash about gate city, and we are 1a. Yeah they could beat us, but there would be no pride in it.

We are actually 2a. D2=2a

TN VA

1a D1

2a D2

3a D3

4a D4

5a D5

6a D6

Why bother comparing these two teams. They don't play each other so does it matter. I know Virginia football is pretty darn good and don't know anything about the quality of football in Tennessee. Gate City

VA single A team

holds its own against a big Tennessee team almost every year and wins some, but it would against a lot of big Virginia teams. Gate City can play ball regardless. Its a moot point who is best between any TENN teams and Richlands. The only thing that matters now is Tazewell, our next game.

GO BLUES

So your telling me according to the tn system grundy is AAA? Lol

Naw not exactly. In TN system Grundy would be Class 2A in football and in Class A for all other sports. TN sort of has divisional play in football like VA does. Class A splits into 1A & 2A for football playoffs, Class AA = 3A & 4A, Class AAA = 5A & 6A.