8th grade football who will win it all?

Vortec20

Why is that funny? I am being serious. We smoked Richlands and had 2-3 deep in after the score was 13-0 in the 1st. We lost to PH for a myriad of reasons and if they would replay us we would literally kill them. We have some serious talent right now and if these guys stick together then in about 3-4 years we will be a force to reckon with at the HS level. We play Holston tonight (I think it's Holston) and, once again, I expect 2-3 deep to get a lot of playing time. Who you thinking of Trav?

You guys are a one pony show and that can and will be coached against. The kid is good but he ain't everything. If you're hoping that he alone will make PH relevant again you need to hope on something else. He needs help and you guys don't have it. Nice try ghostface...now, go try and scare someone else. BTW, we killed you guys in the second half..22-12.

You guys are a one pony show and that can and will be coached against. The kid is good but he ain't everything. If you're hoping that he alone will make PH relevant again you need to hope on something else. He needs help and you guys don't have it. Nice try ghostface...now, go try and scare someone else. BTW, we killed you guys in the second half..22-12.

If i remember it doesnt matter what yall did in the second half, the only score that matters is the FINAL score. And he obviously had enough help to beat yall.

Abingdon wins last night at Holston 44-6. If I remember correctly PH only beat Holston 30-20. If I remember how to do math correctly, 44-6 is a 38 point spread....whereas you guys only beat them by 10. Deduce for yourself who would win a re-match. Nuff said.

We are playing a lot of 7th graders this year, but must say we have played teams tough. I think the best team we have faced was John Battle. They have a good group of kids, but I think our 7th graders are learning a lot this year and will be something to watch next year as 8th graders.

We are playing a lot of 7th graders this year, but must say we have played teams tough. I think the best team we have faced was John Battle. They have a good group of kids, but I think our 7th graders are learning a lot this year and will be something to watch next year as 8th graders.

We do have a very good group coming up. It's amazing what the new found excitment at the high school does to the feeder programs. Kids are coming out of nowhere and playing football now. Those 7th graders at Holston will learn from this season, and be much better from playing up on the 8th grade level.

Abingdon wins last night at Holston 44-6. If I remember correctly PH only beat Holston 30-20. If I remember how to do math correctly, 44-6 is a 38 point spread....whereas you guys only beat them by 10. Deduce for yourself who would win a re-match. Nuff said.

The transitive properity is USELESS in football.

what was the score at the halftime??????

About 3 years ago Richlands came to Abingdon (8th grade) and Abingdon beat them. They called and asked for another game...we obliged. They came back down and we beat them again. They called and asked for a THIRD game and we obliged AGAIN...but they asked for it up in Richlands. We go to Richlands and they beat us up there. I say all that to say this.....uh, PH, we asked for another game this year and you guys said no. Scared? Must be. Your coaching staff knows you got away with one and you sure don't want to show it. I guess with the varsity being so bad you want to hold onto something. BTW, the score at half time was 30-13. Final score was 42-35.

You have to love this thread. I imagine so many will sit back as they get older and recall their exploits on the Middle School football field.

Dude, the same can be said for freakin' high school football. The shame of it all is that high school sports is all some people will have to hold onto. Don't start this "it's only 8th grade football" crap with me. That can be said about the high school level as well....and you're on this board too...transitive property DOES work in this scenario.

Dude, the same can be said for freakin' high school football. The shame of it all is that high school sports is all some people will have to hold onto. Don't start this "it's only 8th grade football" crap with me. That can be said about the high school level as well....and you're on this board too...transitive property DOES work in this scenario.

Ahh, another one from A-town with attitude. I also giggled at your math analogy. Just remember that the danger of analogies is they break down and are not universal in their application.

Also if you stay around here long enough, you might be able to come to an opinion of who and what I am about. Avoid hasty generalizations.

Okay. I guess "another one from A-town with attitude" wasn't a conclusion or generalization? So, explain what you meant by that comment.

A comment is not a conclusion.

I hope you aren't of the ilk of some who post as Abingdon fans. Their comments are aimed to incite, and little more. Although they also do provide amusement.