Smyth County Schools on lockdown

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2010/sep/28/patient-escapes-mental-institution-schools-lockdow-ar-529952/

Patient escapes mental institution, schools on lockdown in Smyth Co. Va.

By TriCities Staff

Published: September 28, 2010

MARION, VA --

Marion and Smyth County authorities are looking for a man who left the Southwestern Virginia Mental Health Institute this afternoon and was reported to have headed east toward Brunswick Lane, officials with the Marion Police Department told news partner http://www.swvatoday.com.

As a result of the escaped mental patient, Smyth County Schools are on a “modified lockdownâ€. All schools in the Marion area are in a modified lockdown situation with additional school personnel and law enforcement on site to assist in monitoring the campuses. These enhanced security measures are being taken to assure the safety and security of all students.

The escapee is a male, described as in his early 40s with dark hair and wearing a long-sleeved dark shirt and shorts. Report sightings to 276-782-4056.

and off his meds

Seriously, considering how close MSHS is to the hospital, it would be cause for lockdown.

Marion Middle School is very close. You can throw a rock and come close to hitting the state hospital. By the way the guy was taken into police custody around 8:00 tonight.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
if i was a wacko and i got out of that place, last place i'd want to go is a school...lol...i'd probably try to get a beer or something.

+1