Bluefield-Richlands from today's BDT...

GMan

Given that Richlands gains next to nothing by beating Beaver, I'm not sure what difference that argument makes.

WHAT???? How would Richlands gain "next to nothing" for beating Bluefield??? They would get VA AA ratings points plus 2 points for every victory Bluefield has.

If Richlands beat Bluefield and Bluefield finished 8-2 or 9-1, Richlands would get 20 for beating them and 16 (8 wins) or 18 (9 wins) additional bonus points for a total of 36-38 ratings points. Name another school on Richlands' schedule that would earn them that many points...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands just isn't that into you, Bluefield. Sorry that this is causing so much damage to your collective psyche.

The truth is, Richlands isn't into losing to Bluefield on an annual basis...

WHAT???? How would Richlands gain "next to nothing" for beating Bluefield??? They would get VA AA ratings points plus 2 points for every victory Bluefield has.

If Richlands beat Bluefield and Bluefield finished 8-2 or 9-1, Richlands would get 20 for beating them and 16 (8 wins) or 18 (9 wins) additional bonus points for a total of 36-38 ratings points. Name another school on Richlands' schedule that would earn them that many points...

Assuming that your logic can be extrapolated on an annual basis (which doesn't seem likely, but this is an academic construct), it still doesn't matter much. The bump in ratings points from any non-district team will most likely be canceled outright by the drag that the other SWD teams contribute. Another poster absolutely nailed it with the point that the DISTRICT schedule is hurting Richlands in terms of ratings points, and there's probably not much that the Blues can do in terms of non-district scheduling to overcome that. The benefit of high ratings is home field advantage -- and unless Richlands goes 10-0, the Blues can count on a road trip for the regional championship in years that the Blues make it that far. A 9-1 team still probably has to travel to Roanoke, and an 8-2 team almost definitely would.

Personally, I'd be very happy to see Bluefield on the schedule. But I'm not particularly torqued about the fact that it isn't happening. Richlands obviously doesn't want to play Bluefield for whatever reason. You may have been right about the fact that the Blues don't want to risk losing a game. I don't know that for sure, but it's a definite possibility -- and one with a potentially logical basis.

Again, why is this a big deal to anyone at all? This dead horse hasn't just been beaten -- it barely retains the chemical properties of an equine at this point.

I will concede the point that this very well may be a consideration. I don't know that for certain (and neither do you), but it's a logical argument. And again, what difference does it make?

The insurmountable problem is that the most compelling hypothetical match-up between the two schools would involve this year's teams. That's not going to happen, and for purists (like us message board types) that's really frustrating. If it were possible, perhaps the two schools could agree to meet in some kind of postseason "bowl game" at the conclusion of the playoffs in both states.

mouth full

Well, B_R, as you said almost one year ago today...

"He’s harsh, he’s brash, and he brings a “wow-factor” with his comments." - Bluefield_Rules, 10/22/09, WVPreps.

I've actually got some more things that I need to get off my chest...not necessarily about this topic...but they will come in due time. May really surprise some folks...but then again, maybe not...

All great agruements but like rumors get the facts straight swvaoutdoors the points system in va has bluefield as single a points pulaski and patrick are aa points that's the reason. Now if the blues played princton that would be aa points. And we all know down here in richlands if the game is played in bluefield and the beavvers have to win to make the playoffs they will.

I think it is you that needs your facts straight. Bluefield is AA D3 points in VA. Just go here http://www.vhsl.org/athletics/football_boys and look under resources where is says Football Out of State Divisions. That will tell you all you need to know.

Well, B_R, as you said almost one year ago today...

"He’s harsh, he’s brash, and he brings a “wow-factor†with his comments." - Bluefield_Rules, 10/22/09, WVPreps.

I've actually got some more things that I need to get off my chest...not necessarily about this topic...but they will come in due time. May really surprise some folks...but then again, maybe not...

Tell it all, brother! Tell it all!

Is there going to be a contest to guess when you'll let your chest speak??

Is there going to be a contest to guess when you'll let your chest speak??

Maybe...and the grand prize will be a couple of "curly locks" off of it, plucked especially for the winner...

Hairy_Chest.jpg

I'd love to see it, but it's not going to happen. Beavers by 12

So....just to make sure I'm following this right. In the hypothetical game that isn't going to happen, you think Bluefield covers a 12 point spread. Correct?

Have to say that this is the most interesting smack I've ever encountered. Gotta love Beaver logic.

Have to say that this is the most interesting smack I've ever encountered. Gotta love Beaver logic.

Here's some "Beaver logic" for you:

1.) schoolteacher's location = Bluefield, Va.

2.) Bluefield, Va. = Graham High School

3.) Thus, schoolteacher = Graham fan

Admittedly, you cannot take that "logic" for verbatim, but if you do a quick analysis of schoolteacher's profile, you'll find that the majority of his/her posts involve an attachment of some sort to Graham High School.

Gotta love that Beaver logic... ;)

here's some "beaver logic" for you:

1.) schoolteacher's location = bluefield, va.

2.) bluefield, va. = graham high school

3.) thus, schoolteacher = graham fan

admittedly, you cannot take that "logic" for verbatim, but if you do a quick analysis of schoolteacher's profile, you'll find that the majority of his/her posts involve an attachment of some sort to graham high school.

Gotta love that beaver logic... ;)

one pee pee touch!

Here's some "Beaver logic" for you:

1.) schoolteacher's location = Bluefield, Va.

2.) Bluefield, Va. = Graham High School

3.) Thus, schoolteacher = Graham fan

Admittedly, you cannot take that "logic" for verbatim, but if you do a quick analysis of schoolteacher's profile, you'll find that the majority of his/her posts involve an attachment of some sort to Graham High School.

Gotta love that Beaver logic... ;)

Very well. Amend my previous statement to "Bluefield logic."

I stand corrected and I thank you very much.