hurley@haysi

romeo37

Ive got Haysi by 2 tds. 27-13

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

dont kno but we are off and plan to come watch.we have some interest in this game but im not sure what we really need to happen to our good lol.basically i think if we dont win our last 2 with haysi and hurley were done for 2010.pretty big task for us .,

dont kno but we are off and plan to come watch.we have some interest in this game but im not sure what we really need to happen to our good lol.basically i think if we dont win our last 2 with haysi and hurley were done for 2010.pretty big task for us .,

From a quick look at the power points liltiger, if Honaker goes 5-5 on the season we won't make the playoffs.

From a quick look at the power points liltiger, if Honaker goes 5-5 on the season we won't make the playoffs.

Unless they win the district in which case they are auto in

I have a tough time going against Haysi on there hurley match up.......I am not sure that Hurley REALLY believes that they can beat Haysi (mental block) with the game being in sandlick I think it makes it that much tougher for the Rebs

haysi can't stop hurley from running he ball, i don't think, but hurley can't stop haysi from throwing it around either...it should be a pretty good match up, two different teams...im taking haysi, but i have no idea what the score will be.

youre right they are two very different teams. Haysi likes to throw it and complements the passing game with their rushing attack. Hurley is the exact opposite, they like to run the ball and keep teams off balance with their passing. Its a very interesting matchup! Im just glad to see the district a little more competitive!

yeah it is nice for this game to matter...imagine if twin valley ever got competitive and then next year with grundy, i mean if there was a five team race for the bdd, imagine how much each game would mean and how much fun they would be to watch...but for now we do have that three way race...who has the best defense though?

to me thats the best part of the old SWD and the old LPD, both districts had some really good teams but what made them great was the gap between the top and the bottom wasnt that great. Alot like BDD Basketball from in the early 2000s,good, solid, competitive play! I know most people would like to see it in their district, I just dont want to see the BDD teams get any worse(Haysi and Honaker are down, we know the story with TV and hurley has remained about the same).

yeah its headed that direction...they are all going to meet in the middle...if honaker and haysi are down next year, twin valley will be up returning everyone, and hurley has some good athletes on their jv team, so maybe next year we can see some diversity...hopefully lol

It comes down to Colleyisms.... Can he use different formations and motion to run the same handful of plays to the same 3 athletes over and over again he's the master of the bull s.... Might even throw out a Haysi sleeper, slip the receiver off the sidelines for a TD deep

Speed kills and Hurley's loaded with it... but it's going to be tough because since the game is in Sandlick that means Colley can draw them up in the dirt, if it was at the cliff that sewer mud on the visitors sidelines isn't good for drawing anything but a headache and the pre game meal back up!

I hope the Testerites get one they've been in the thick of it with the Honaker and Haysi the past two years. THey gave Honaker a run for the $ last year til Gary got to the chopper and was med flighted....

If Hurley can take the ball and convert on 3rd downs and not get penalties it'll be tough for Ole James to score without the ball and the clock running. Just depends on if Hurley can get back to Blair and keep Stanley and Newberry in check....

If it's field position game Haysi's got the advantage b/c Newberry can boot it

Just know that it's going to be cold as a well digger's a by the river hope Hurley gets them one and gives ole Doug H. aka DOUGH and crew something to mull over

it'd be nice to not see Haysi vs. Honaker for the BDD T-shirts this year, makes me want to puke

Whats wrong with using various formations to keep the defense off balance? You call it BS I call it smoke and mirrors, that principle has been a part of football as long as the game has been played! Look at the single wing, basic plays with alot of movement in the backfield. Excuse Haysi for not lining up in the I and running it straight ahead. That will work against teams on a low level, or if your team is on a really high level. Haysi is a mid level team with trying to knock off the big boys! Size and strength are usually in small ammounts at Haysi(as with most small schools) so coach decided to outsmart opposing defenses, nothing wrong with that. Alot of local teams are doing the same thing now; for years the SWVA lined up in I formation and ran it straight ahead over and over with undersized linemen and backs against bigger teams,how'd that work out? Very well for some, not so well for most! Now coaching staffs are hitting teams on the edge and throwing the ball, pretty smart! sounds alot like what Haysi does!

Honaker lined up in the pro I/power I for years and ran it straight ahead with little success. Until they opened it up a little they never saw any success.

I adjusted this post to not be directed directly at a person from Hurley, I made it more general but the points are the same. If hes not from hurley did he jump on the bandwagon? Eastboundanddown, inquiring minds want to know?

Edited by redtiger