How good is Hurley??

wave316

Haysi kills Castlewood ,then gets clobbered by Hurley. If Hurley wins their district who do you think might be their first round opponent? Clintwood,Burton, or who ? Congrats to the Rebels for a great season thus far.:)

I think Hurley will be the 3 seed(if they win the district or not) which means the loser of the Clintwood/JIBurton game. I dont think they can get enough points to jump JIB or Clintwood and take the 2nd seed

Castlewood was vastly overrated, they were a piss poor team if ive ever saw one. Alomst no passing game no push on the line and only one dependable run play, HB/FB dive. They just werent very good!

I think Hurley will be the 3 seed(if they win the district or not) which means the loser of the Clintwood/JIBurton game. I dont think they can get enough points to jump JIB or Clintwood and take the 2nd seed

Castlewood was vastly overrated, they were a piss poor team if ive ever saw one. Alomst no passing game no push on the line and only one dependable run play, HB/FB dive. They just werent very good!

Do you think Hurley can beat Coach Hubbard's Tigers?

I will say this for Castlewood, they went into the Haysi game with their heads in the clouds according to some after TW beat Haysi the week before. Castlewoods season has been better than many expected and they have to play an almost perfect game to win due to their depth and style of play. Its a credit to their coaches for how well they have done, but injuries and etc. may have caught up to them now.

I dont know the details of their situation but I dont know how in the world Castlewood beat TW, the Pioneers werent great but were very quick/fast. Castlewood is running a formation suited to running alot of plays but are running only a few. That style of play will work, they just need a new formation and a couple of complementary plays. Can they not look up some Appalachia film?

Hurley played like they wanted to win district, Haysi played like they were going to win district, BIG difference there

Castlewood controlled the ball. One kid had 40+ carried I think in that game and they basically played keep away. Very Appy old school Appy like. I did see CW throw the ball very well in one game this season. I know their QB was out 1 or 2 weeks as well, and played with a cast last week when seeing it on Highlights Tonight.

Their QB very well could have been hurt. The thing that makes Appy hard to defend isint the dive(HB or FB) its the belly off of it, the LBs cant jump the dive because the belly back will take it to the house. Castlewood is playing with this type of approach but without the complementary play, just dive. Makes it easy to defend. If they would just throw a quick seam pass to the TE that would keep the LBs off a little and they could stay in split backs. But if they arent gonna throw it much why not just run the Split T?

Edited by redtiger