Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech

vthokies4life

As much as it pains me to say it, mad props to Al Groh for a great defensive game plan. It looked a lot like what Nebraska did last year, contain Tyrod without rushing the passer and drop 7 or 8 on passing downs.

Stiny needs to figure that one out, because that is the 3rd time Tech has seen it, including Wake who lacked the DBs to make it work.

I dont watch alot of VT games. Did watch most last night. I havent watched them since the Boise State game. Is it me or does Beamer not just look well. I'm not trying to be funny at all, he just doesnt look well, kinda "out there" I guess you could say.

Good win VT, but why the rushing of the field for so many of your fans?

Seems completely unwarranted for a 4-4 team, does it not?

I was screaming:

"NO!! GET BACK UP HERE!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING!?!?!? WHAT!?!? NOOO!!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING!?"

But no one listened to me, obviously. And no one answered me.

The rushing the field was silly, but what bothered me more was the fans that started leaving when Tech went up 21-14 with 6:34 left. There was way too much time to go for that.

On a personal note, I got to visit with the Pembroke PD on the way to Blacksburg. I got the Giles Co. traditional failure to obey a traffic sign citation. (Not complaining though, VT football helps the regional economy in many ways. lol)

Edited by Hacker

I was screaming:

"NO!! GET BACK UP HERE!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING!?!?!? WHAT!?!? NOOO!!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING!?"

That's how I felt when we rushed the field after beating Miami.

THEY'RE A THREE-LOSS TEAM!!! THEY'RE BARELY RANKED!!! GET BACK TO YOUR SEATS!!!

On a personal note, I got to visit with the Pembroke PD on the way to Blacksburg. I got the Giles Co. traditional failure to obey a traffic sign citation. (Not complaining though, VT football helps the regional economy in many ways. lol)

I'm thankful never to have had one of those, given I connect with I-81 via 460 when I leave back to school.

Giles Co. = speed trap central.

That's how I felt when we rushed the field after beating Miami.

THEY'RE A THREE-LOSS TEAM!!! THEY'RE BARELY RANKED!!! GET BACK TO YOUR SEATS!!!

I'm thankful never to have had one of those, given I connect with I-81 via 460 when I leave back to school.

Giles Co. = speed trap central.

Don't worry, I got your share. 2 - Pembroke, 2- Pearisburg. 3 were to Hokie games and one going to Lynchburg to watch Graham in the State Basketball Tournament. Something about speeding and sports.

Don't worry, I got your share. 2 - Pembroke, 2- Pearisburg. 3 were to Hokie games and one going to Lynchburg to watch Graham in the State Basketball Tournament. Something about speeding and sports.

No joke. 2 of my 4 tickets have involved traversing between home and sporting events. And the other 2 involved women. So you see my three weaknesses in life: football, women, and speed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're selling yourself way too short. Even UVA, playing at its worst, scored 20 against Al Groh's defense. 35, at the very least. And most likely 50. GT's not Wake or Duke, but their defense is right on par with Central Michigan. Seriously.

Any questions so far to GMan's logic? 21 points by the VT offense

Good win VT, but why the rushing of the field for so many of your fans?

Seems completely unwarranted for a 4-4 team, does it not?

I agree...it was mostly drunk college kids...no need for that especially against a non-ranked opponent...

I was screaming:

My wife was encouraging them to jump the wall to avoid being stopped by security...she's such an instigator...:D

Giles Co. is the ONLY place I've ever been pulled over for speeding. Once in Pembroke, which I will argue to this day that I wasn't the one speeding especially at the speed the officer said he clocked me at. The other was coming down the mountain into Newport from Blacksburg...I actually pulled over and waited for the cop...I was speeding and he caught me, I fessed up (I admitted to 70 in a 55, he clocked me at 67) and he cut me a break by only giving me a warning.

Yep. Pretty much wraps things up. Because TBH, I wouldn't want to have to face a pissed-off Miami team off a loss that's going to be playing for its coach's job...

They play Maryland this week without Harris and their top RB...could be loss #3 in the ACC for the 'Canes. Harris has also been ruled out for the GT game the following week. And UNC plays FSU this weekend...also could be loss #3 in the ACC for the 'Heels.

Its possible that VT could have a 3 game lead in the division with three games left to play...only needing to win one to clinch the division...

I'm sorry, I thought VT's explosive offense would do better than UVA's piddling little offense.

Guess not. 21 points for each offense.

You must always remember...VT has Stinespring...that variable will get you every time..

An interception into the endzone with two days to throw it/run it cost you there.

True, however, if that play doesn't happen then the sequence of events that led to Nesbitt breaking his arm does not occur...therefore, GT would have likely won the game with Nesbitt playing its entirety...

...more of G-Man's "crazy logic"...