Hokies lose a couple of more players for UNC game

bhs7695

David Wilson has mono and Chris Drager is apparently out for UNC. I don't know Drager's injury.

This is looking more like a trap game as the days go by...

UNC knows full well that if they win, they have the fast track to the ACC Title Game.

And, given that they beat FSU, it seems awfully possible.

So we're without Dyrell, Wilson, and Drager.

Who returns kicks now? Hosley and...Coale?

Gregrory is a definite, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Williams. Drager is a loss since he sees most of the snaps @ DE.

Gregrory is a definite, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Williams. Drager is a loss since he sees most of the snaps @ DE.

I thought about Gregory. I considered Hosley and Coale because they both have had punt return experience this year.

I agree, the defense takes a big hit minus Drager...

Hokiesports is saying Wilson is probable for Miami right now, but some people respond better to mono than others. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson is out longer. Drager took a blow to the head against GT and isn't 100% right now. Probably holding him out of UNC game just in case.

Ryan Williams will return kickoffs with Gregory and Hosley/Coale will return punts

Hokiesports is saying Wilson is probable for Miami right now, but some people respond better to mono than others. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson is out longer. Drager took a blow to the head against GT and isn't 100% right now. Probably holding him out of UNC game just in case.

Ryan Williams will return kickoffs with Gregory and Hosley/Coale will return punts

Why not put Hosley/Coale on KRs, too?

Were I at VT fan, I'd be fine with putting Williams at KR if you were playing a lesser team.

Personally, I'd save Williams for exclusively RB duties. Especially since this is THE game you all must win this year...

Beamer and Hite have traditonally used RBs to return kickoffs and WRs/DBs to return punts. There has been some interchanging between them over the years because of injuries, but not much. I believe that is just the coaches' preference.

UNC knows full well that if they win, they have the fast track to the ACC Title Game.

How so???

VT would have to lose to UNC and then lose to either Miami or UVA and UNC would have to win out...but they still have a date with the Wolfpack...

Also, if the Hokies lose to both UNC and Miami and it ends in a three-way tie, Miami wins the tiebreaker...

This is looking more like a trap game as the days go by...

Yes it is. UNC needs something, anything really, to hang their hat on this season. So why not make it a win against Virginia Tech. And with these guys out? I am not looking forward to Saturday.

How so???

VT would have to lose to UNC and then lose to either Miami or UVA and UNC would have to win out...but they still have a date with the Wolfpack...

Also, if the Hokies lose to both UNC and Miami and it ends in a three-way tie, Miami wins the tiebreaker...

I did misspeak. It's easy to do when you have no incentive to pay attention to anything that happens in football outside November 27th.

Here's how the ACC is going to shake down.

UNC wins out

vs Tech W(4-2)

vs NCST W(5-2)

at Dook W(6-2)

VT loses 2 of last 3

at UNC L(5-1)

at Miami L(5-2)

vs UVA W(6-2)

Miami loses 1 of 2 remaining ACC games (hell they might lose to USF too)

at GT L(4-3)

vs VT W(5-3)

at USF (Who Cares)

So then VT and UNC would be tied at the top of the Coastal but UNC would have the tie breaker. We all know that the ACC is as predictable as the weather in March in the Blue Ridge mountains but this is how I see it going down. Of course my shades are heavily shaded to a beautiful Carolina blue and this Butch Davis Kool-Aid is tasting awful sweet here lately.

The only other way I pray it works out is -

Miami beats GT and then loses to VT and

VT loses to UNC, beats Miami then the Hoos pull it out in Blacksburg.

I almost hope it happens this way because I love rivalry Upsets (sans dook upsetting UNC in Kennan)

Anyone from the board venturing to Chapel Hill for this one? I'm excited to get back to CH this weekend; I haven't been down there since last February. There isn't a more beautiful campus or college town in America.

Yep, the wife and I are heading down early Saturday for the game...I've been lucky the previous two times I've been to Chapel Hill as the Hokies have come away victorious. However, I'm afraid that the third time will be UNC's charm...

And yes, there are more beautiful campuses in America...there are many around the country that are just as nice or nicer than UNC's.

I'm not impressed with their stadium's so called "beauty" either...who gave Kenan the title of "America's Most Beautiful Stadium" anyway??? They must have been comparing it to Mt. View's...

I'll be in Chapel Hill. I'm in Greensboro for school, so I'm making the short trip down. I've been on Duke, Georgetown, Emory (GA), Kansas, Louisville, and Wake's campuses. Gonna be hard to top them...but I've always wanted to go to UNC (as I''m a UNC basketball fan [long long long story]), but I'll be wearing my VT clothes! Let's Go Hokies!

I know you don't like us swingers on teams Gman, especially in the same conference, but I can back myself up if need be.

Edited by VivaFutbol