Playoff Predictions

battleftbl

Lets recap your wins..........You beat hopeless PH that finished 0-10, a down Marion team that finished 3-8(shoulda lost), a hopeless Graham team that finished 1-9, a hopeless Tazewell team that finished 1-9. The 2 best teams you defeated were Virginia High(4-6), and John Battle(4-6) Both D2 schools and you're D4. Against teams with winning records, you went 0-5. In those losses, you were out scored 163-61. By over 100 points. You beat VHS by 6, and Marion by 1.

The combined record of the teams you defeated is 13-48......... If you call that an excellent year then congrats. Hey, I hear Ervington is looking for a game next year, maybe you could pick up another win. That folks....is Abingdon Football

Post of the year. Plain and simple. If I were an Abingdon fan after seeing that, I would cry. You can make excuses all day long. But facts are facts. And those hurt.

I wouldn't dispute it. The Falcons are going to have to learn to be more physical up front. I think that they took steps in the right direction this year on the defensive side of the ball. The spread O can limit a teams ability to control the clock or spread the D out in the red zone. You are limited in the red zone due to the lack of open space. I also realize that the Johnson kid is a very, very good talent. Chilhowie needs to worry about the playoffs and Ft. Chiswell. I don't think that game will be a cake walk.

Yes sir.

And you're not disputing it, I see.

I wouldn't dispute it. The Falcons are going to have to learn to be more physical up front. I think that they took steps in the right direction this year on the defensive side of the ball. The spread O can limit a teams ability to control the clock or spread the D out in the red zone. You are limited in the red zone due to the lack of open space. I also realize that the Johnson kid is a very, very good talent. Chilhowie needs to worry about the playoffs and Ft. Chiswell. I don't think that game will be a cake walk.

That's fine. Its just rare to find a falcon fan with a reasonable sense of ability. I look forward to playing Abingdon. After Conley and Johnson graduate, we will drop off a little and having Abingdon on the schedule instead of Twin Springs will benefit us.

Who did Abingdon drop to pick up Chilhowie?

Just curious...what was Abingdon's record this season?

Just curious, uh why did your team try to recruit Abingdon's QB and I think one or two more of their seniors? You know, just curious.

To me the difference in a good team and a bad team is the will of the players and then their skill. Abingdon really seemed to show a lack of will in some games. I think that was one of their biggest weaknesses, no heart in the game. But they obviously were not lacking skill.

Anyone can go out recruiting players for their team and win games. If you don't have a winning streak afterwards, I'm sorry but you are a joke. RICHLANDS doesn't have a team bud. They have a group of boys they have recruited from other schools or at least tried to. When you can come out on to the field with a team made of all RICHLANDS natives I'll give you a second glance, after all this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. It's not like you get a Super Bowl Ring and a big deal for a state trophy. You get just that, a trophy to get old and dusty and everyone to ignore as they pass it by in the halls. High School is about the fun of the game while you can still enjoy it. College is where you recruit, and it's where it becomes more than just a game if you want to make football your living. If you are obsessed enough at this stage to go out trying to recruit people you have no life, and you probably need to get laid or something. Seriously, it isn't impressive. It's pathetic. And the fact that you brag about yourselves gives me a better laugh than Jackass in 3D!

blah, blah, blah, and the lights were dim at grundy, and the running clock and long walk to the field last week, and the recruits at Richlands, field conditions at J.I. Burton, and the ref's at Carroll County. Since you have no more games to play, now you're making excuses for other teams.

We played well enough to be leading with 5 seconds left in the game against Honaker. The kid did make a mistake, but we put ourselves in a situation to win the game. btw, honaker didnt make excuses.

You also dont hear me on here bragging about going 4-6.....You'll never hear me brag about going 5-5, or 6-4 either. It'll be great steps for our program when we get there, but those arent great season. They're nothing to brag about. 7-3 against good competition, 8-2, 9-1, 10-0. Those are good-great seasons.

Abingdon wasnt a playoff team...Did nothing to deserve to be there, and you got exposed last saturday.

What you accomplished is nothing...actually it should be considered a failure for such a large school. Great expectations up there though.....way to set the bar high.

We'll see how many years it takes Battle to reach that bar. Probably not in my lifetime kid haha.

Just curious, uh why did your team try to recruit Abingdon's QB and I think one or two more of their seniors? You know, just curious.

To me the difference in a good team and a bad team is the will of the players and then their skill. Abingdon really seemed to show a lack of will in some games. I think that was one of their biggest weaknesses, no heart in the game. But they obviously were not lacking skill.

Anyone can go out recruiting players for their team and win games. If you don't have a winning streak afterwards, I'm sorry but you are a joke. RICHLANDS doesn't have a team bud. They have a group of boys they have recruited from other schools or at least tried to. When you can come out on to the field with a team made of all RICHLANDS natives I'll give you a second glance, after all this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. It's not like you get a Super Bowl Ring and a big deal for a state trophy. You get just that, a trophy to get old and dusty and everyone to ignore as they pass it by in the halls. High School is about the fun of the game while you can still enjoy it. College is where you recruit, and it's where it becomes more than just a game if you want to make football your living. If you are obsessed enough at this stage to go out trying to recruit people you have no life, and you probably need to get laid or something. Seriously, it isn't impressive. It's pathetic. And the fact that you brag about yourselves gives me a better laugh than Jackass in 3D!

Richlands did not recruit anyone from any school. Yes, several players did transfer to Richlands but it was their own choice.

If you are going to believe the crap you read in some of the posts on message boards then you are a big fool.

One more sore-loser post and your ass gets the ban hammer...and I ain't shittin' you...

END OF STORY...