analysis richlands cave

salemfootball

O agree cs had more speed but their entire d was not that much more impresve than grundy other than devon runnong the ball grundy did better than I thought. But not many have stoped him. I just don't think all the credit should go to the cs d nerves I think counted for 35% of our o getting stoped that's all.

O agree cs had more speed but their entire d was not that much more impresve than grundy other than devon runnong the ball grundy did better than I thought. But not many have stoped him. I just don't think all the credit should go to the cs d nerves I think counted for 35% of our o getting stoped that's all.

Wrong......Richlands could score on Grundy at will as Grundy could not defend either the run or pass. That was not quite the case against CS friday night.

Wrong......Richlands could score on Grundy at will as Grundy could not defend either the run or pass. That was not quite the case against CS friday night.

Richlands was trying to score on Grundy up until the end...Grundy's D just stepped up in the second half...since when did Richlands ever stop at 42 points and didn't you need 49 to break some sort of record? I heard the kids and coaches talking about it in warm ups.

Richlands was trying to score on Grundy up until the end...Grundy's D just stepped up in the second half...since when did Richlands ever stop at 42 points and didn't you need 49 to break some sort of record? I heard the kids and coaches talking about it in warm ups.

Well actually, Richlands was up 35-0 at halftime and chose to keep the ball on the ground when they came back out. They threw one pass the entire 2nd half and that was on a broken running play. They wanted to keep the starters as long as possible without running up the score. No dissrespect to Grundy, but if Richlands had wanted 35 more points they would have got them.

Well actually, Richlands was up 35-0 at halftime and chose to keep the ball on the ground when they came back out. They threw one pass the entire 2nd half and that was on a broken running play. They wanted to keep the starters as long as possible without running up the score. No dissrespect to Grundy, but if Richlands had wanted 35 more points they would have got them.

Exactly....Richlands ran the ball and there was a continuous running clock.

i don't think so...if they were going to stop it wouldn't have been at 42 points...they just laid 63 on CC before the Grundy game and avg over 50 per game...Richlands keeps up with stats more than any team around here...the clock ran, richlands ran...but they didn't hold back on it...if Devon could have broken off another run I doubt he would have taken a knee instead...I know I sure woudln't.

What was the deal on the record? they needed to get to 49 points right? thats what the coaches were saying? I heard one say they would "get 49 points before halftime and take it easy in the 2nd half".

i don't think so...if they were going to stop it wouldn't have been at 42 points...they just laid 63 on CC before the Grundy game and avg over 50 per game...Richlands keeps up with stats more than any team around here...the clock ran, richlands ran...but they didn't hold back on it...if Devon could have broken off another run I doubt he would have taken a knee instead...I know I sure woudln't.

What was the deal on the record? they needed to get to 49 points right? thats what the coaches were saying? I heard one say they would "get 49 points before halftime and take it easy in the 2nd half".

They needed 39 points going into that game.

Sorry lance did not mean to open that can of warms. I love it when your having a good chat and somthing gets thrown out there. It was 39. I just don't want you to think I was down on lockhart I just think his nerves got to him. Did not want to go this far but if you was at the tazewell game two yrs ago he looked the same for a while in that game missing some wide open wr. Cs did good but the blues stoped their selfs three time I know.

They needed 39 points going into that game.

wonder what they were talking about with needing 49 points? or maybe I just didn't hear it correctly...wasn't like I was paying that much attention to it...but I could have sworn they said 49....odd.