Gate City vs Radford

gcdevils47

Better show with up your A game because I know Radford will be ready to play. One problem with Radford is they play to their competition. They will be ready Saturday.

Well good luck to you all, if you beat us then I will be pulling for you all in the state game. We will be ready too. We've have played a ton of tough opponents this year

Speaking of Gate City, will anyone play a harder out of conference schedule next year?

@ Richlands (undefeated and still playing)

Harlan County (just a 5A Kentucky team that was region champs this year)

@ Sullivan South (a 5A Tennessee school)

Bluefield (finished 11-2 this year and lost in state semi-finals)

@ Powell Valley (not a good year this year, but normally pretty stout)

@ Clintwood (undefeated and still playing)

Those 6 schools had a combined record of 59-16 this year. All 6 teams made the playoffs, 4 were region champs, and 2 teams are still playing.

Nice!

That is a tough schedule for anybody much less a single A team. You guys will probably come out of it pretty good knowing you're program. I do know you loose a lot like we do at Richlands, but hopefully you will have another class coming to pick up the slack. I know we will be young (20 seniors) but have some pretty good guys coming back to help the youngsters. We may be good by the end of the year.

Id like to think this game is going to be a blowout, but past history between these two teams shows otherwise! If GC had the edge at all....they lost it on the way to Radford this Saturday. Im saying that home field advantage makes this game even closer than what it might have been. I know Radford did a good job stopping Chilhowies rushing attack but GC is known for the run and thats what the Bobcats are going to get......a steady diet of Vaugh and Clark. If Radford can completely shut down these two guys for 4 qtrs then congrats because you may come out with a victory. I for some reason think that Radford has a tough time shutting them down even though I havent watched the Bobcats play. Im going to say:

GC-28

RHS-20

I can't be at the game, but I believe that GC will win if they can get the first 10 points on the board. That will allow us to use our size and RBs to keep the Radford O off the filed. This will wear down the Radford D and we should be able to put up a couple of TDs later in the game.

If we get down by more than 10 before we score, I'd give the nod to Radford. We would be forced to throw the ball a little bit too much.