some pics from the Richlands vs Cave Spring game....

Lance

ok so my photobucket is full and i can't upload all the pics...so, i got a few uploaded before it shut down. I will have to make a new one or make a flickr account or something...i dunno yet.

anyway...here are some random pics...I will post the link to all of the ones I took once I figure out what I'm going to do...I have about 200 or so...

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

Great pics! I like the one where #7 for Richlands is making the tackle in focus but the action around him is a blur.

one of the joys of lighting and the lens I have right now...should have a new one for next year that lets in roughly 4x the amount of light and has faster focus ability...so pics should be much better. Sometimes you get a cool looking pic every now and then, but it's mostly just annoying to me lol.

Cool pics! What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks for posting!!!!

It's a Canon Rebel XSi Ti and the lens is a Tamron 28-300mm f3.5-6.3

most of the pics are shot at f4.5 or higher...if i have to zoom any at all it goes up fast...once you get up out of the 4's it gets ugly. The lens for next year will be a huge help...should get much better pics.

Wish I could have talked to you more but I don't stay in one spot for long lol. I'm going to have some pictures from this game up tomorrow on my flickr page. Not too many, probably a couple dozen at most, but I've been way behind when it comes to showing my pictures this year.

Wish I could have talked to you more but I don't stay in one spot for long lol. I'm going to have some pictures from this game up tomorrow on my flickr page. Not too many, probably a couple dozen at most, but I've been way behind when it comes to showing my pictures this year.

you always have great pics...once i get a better lens you will have to give me some pointers lol. I think the best advice you gave me so far was about trying to catch the "other" stuff that goes on outside of the plays...I always keep that in the back of my head and I've picked off a few cool shots because of that....appreciate it.

Thanks for the pics Lance ! That's one thing I always look forward too, is seeing the pictures you take !

How are the lights at Ernie compared to some of the other stadiums you take pictures at ?

pretty good...Grundy's lights are horrible for pics and there is a lot of background noise with lights on the field house and stuff like that...Cave Spring was good, I got some OK stuff at Tazewell...Graham is good...Marion is good on the baseball end of the field lol...Abingdon is not really good or bad, about avg...Haysi has a yellow tint to everything, it's ok in some areas and horrible in others...Twin Valley is horrible...Hurley is not bad, better than I expected...Carroll County is horrible...TN High at the Stone Castle was pretty good overall...it's kinda interesting to go from place to place...each one is different.

Richlands has the clean light as there is no "flicker" but it takes high ISO and a fast lens to stop action. Bowen Field and Carl Smith Stadium have the best lights in the region. After that they all suck. Lebanon is good if you shoot around the cold spots. Abingdon is ok. I like Marion for the same reason Lance does. It allows me to shoot from the endzone. Mitchell Stadium should have great lighting but instead it has badly outdated lighting. The flicker is pretty bad. Tazewell has the worst flicker I've ever seen. Gate City and Powell Valley also have bad flicker. Honaker, Grundy, and Carroll County should either install new lights or play on Saturday.

Both you guys do a great job with the pictures and I really enjoy looking at them !

I may pick one of em out to use as my wallpaper if that's ok with either one of you ? Not sure which one I want to use....lol

Don't want to go to jail for copyright infringement...LOL !

This guy takes great pics...check them out...met him at the game the other day and he is a member here...T.J. Witten.

He just put these up from the Richlands vs. CS game:

Lance you need a Canon 70 - 200 mm f2.8 IS

it's best lens for HS football.. I use a 50 mm prime on the second camera.

that's the one I'm looking at...i hope to have it soon. I found one for about $800 that I think is a f2.8 or 2.9? i have the link saved, will have to send it to you and see what you think.

Thanks again for sharing the pics...was nice talking to you the other night as well.

As for using my pics or whatever...you guys are welcome to do whatever you want with my stuff....I do this for the kids and parents and anyone else who wants to check them out...I have a lot of fun with it and really enjoy getting to share them with everyone...I don't charge anything at this point and I'm still learning stuff every week...so...you guys feel free to do whatever.