Virginia High vs Richlands

Bigfootballfan

Does anyone know what went on during the game with the guy from Va High that came on the floor and was thrown out of the gym by officals.

There was some very physical fouls by Richland's early on. At one point a Va high kid got fouled hard and stayed on the floor few a minutes to get checked out by trainer and coaches. Shortly after a Richland's kid had a hard foul on a kid and he hit the floor and didn't get up right away. The parent came out on the floor to initially check on his son as any parent would have done and that is when some words were exchanged. I didn't see no bad intentions no where just a concern parent. After the officials and security was on the floor the parent stopped at the Richland's bench and apologized and shook hands with the Richland's coaches. I don't think it should have happened but also don't think the parent was going after no player either. It was a physical game and both teams played hard, unfortunately the media will put this out there as a black eye towards Va High.

There was some very physical fouls by Richland's early on. At one point a Va high kid got fouled hard and stayed on the floor few a minutes to get checked out by trainer and coaches. Shortly after a Richland's kid had a hard foul on a kid and he hit the floor and didn't get up right away. The parent came out on the floor to initially check on his son as any parent would have done and that is when some words were exchanged. I didn't see no bad intentions no where just a concern parent. After the officials and security was on the floor the parent stopped at the Richland's bench and apologized and shook hands with the Richland's coaches. I don't think it should have happened but also don't think the parent was going after no player either. It was a physical game and both teams played hard, unfortunately the media will put this out there as a black eye towards Va High.

from what i heard it was Overton that was involved yet again...please, correct me if I am wrong.

If memory serves me correct it was #23 D Johnson with the hard foul twice.

i heard it was Overton that had the foul that started the fuss...not sure what else went on there? Anyone there know the whole story?

I was at the game. Parent was going after #23 for Richlands when ref Lewis Foreman stepped in front of him. The parent was stopped in front of the scorer's table. He was pointing and yelling at#23. VHS administration got onto the floor and walked him off with the school resource officer.

Look at the game film and I think you will agree that he was going after #23 with harm on his mind.

His "punishment" - he was removed from the game. Just that game and no other suspension. I believe VHS principal should have suspended the parent for many games and maybe even the season.

If a student came on the court from the stands wanting to attack an opposing player would their punishment have been this minor?