Fla. HS hoopster gets REALLY T'd - tosses ref

VHSLhelper

Sho' is.

Actually, young law school graduate, assault is the imminent apprehension of harm. The only applicable assault in this scenario whould be when the player charged at the official or before he shoved the official. Once the player touches the official, a battery has occurred in both tort and criminal law. This is a simple battery. You better get this straight before you take the bar.

Actually, young law school graduate, assault is the imminent apprehension of harm. The only applicable assault in this scenario whould be when the player charged at the official or before he shoved the official. Once the player touches the official, a battery has occurred in both tort and criminal law. This is a simple battery. You better get this straight before you take the bar.

I believe I can make the argument for assault strictly from the look on the official as the player makes his move. He sure looks defensive to me. I'm not an attorney, but have been accused by a few judges of practicing without a license.

Actually, the ref backed away in fear right before the charging of the player, thus the assault part.

So let me get this straight, sophomore. You start off by telling me that I'm wrong. Then, you explain how I'm perfectly correct in my assertion. Finally, you finish off by telling me that I'm wrong, not only contradicting yourself, but throwing a snide little pot-shot in there to boot. If that isn't the height of arrogant ignorance, I don't know what is...

Actually, that's EXACTLY what I was referring to when referencing assault (which I learned in my second week at Dickinson). Hence, by your own admission, you have two separate torts (civil) and charges (criminal). You hoisted yourself on your own petard, and it was hilarious. Next time, think before you post.

Edited by UVAObserver

I believe I can make the argument for assault strictly from the look on the official as the player makes his move. He sure looks defensive to me. I'm not an attorney, but have been accused by a few judges of practicing without a license.

Bingo. Exactly why I agreed with you, and did not make the assertion to the contrary myself.

See my post on the last page.

You people just don't get the real message from this very insightful video. The referee was clearly "dissin'" the player and from that young man's culture, behavior that puts the young African-American's manhood in question in the public sphere, cannot be tolterated. So when the African American victim of white oppression, tries to assert his equality upon the with opressor (the ref), a culture clash results.

You white people need to understand that rules, laws and personal responsibility are fabrications of white hegemony and Christian-centric oppression, and those morality and legal articles have no place in this youg man's community or culture. I am shocked that upon the vile behavior of these white interlopers on a young African-American rite of passage, the whole team didn't strom the court to defend black honor and the integrity of the oppressed black community.

Edited by sandman

You people just don't get the real message from this very insightful video. The referee was clearly "dissin'" the player and from that young man's culture, behavior that puts the young African-American's manhood in question in the public shphere, cannot be tolterated. So when the African American victim of white oppression, tries to assert his equality upon the with opressor (the ref), a culture clash results.

You white people need to understand that rules, laws and personal responsibility are fabrications of white hegemony and Christian-centric oppression, and those morality and legal articles have no place in this youg man's community or culture. I am shocked that upon the vile behavior of these white interlopers on a young African-American rite of passage, the whole team didn't strom the court to defend black honor and the integrity of the oppressed black community.

Are you serious?

You people just don't get the real message from this very insightful video. The referee was clearly "dissin'" the player and from that young man's culture, behavior that puts the young African-American's manhood in question in the public shphere, cannot be tolterated. So when the African American victim of white oppression, tries to assert his equality upon the with opressor (the ref), a culture clash results.

Can I get an Amen?!?!?!?!

jesse_jackson_al_sharpton.jpg

A+ sarcasm. Haven't seen an example that good in a long, long time!

A+ sarcasm. Haven't seen an example that good in a long, long time!

If you take the Virginia bar and pass, we could use you a bright young attorney like yourself in one of our 11 offices.

More sarcasm.

If you take the Virginia bar and pass, we could use you a bright young attorney like yourself in one of our 11 offices.

More sarcasm.

You think you're making me look badly with your condescending attitude, but really you're just making yourself look like a misguided fool. Not only did I show how you're wrong (and blatantly contradicted yourself), you're resorting to middle-school level sarcasm. It was John Knowles who stated: "Sarcasm is the tool of the weak". Sure, you might have a JD (I'm giving you the benefit of the reasonable doubt), but anyone can train to pass a test, and that's what I'm doing every day. But in terms of character, and who I really am, I know where I stand. And I'm thankful that I'm not in your shoes, I can damn well say that with certainty.

Rock on. Did you graduate from Graham High School?

You got it. Seems like you've got a bit of an idea who I am, then. Shoot me a PM if you think you know, and I'll confirm or deny.

And my best guess is that you work for Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice. It's the only firm in the Southeast that has 11 offices, and it's reasonably close to SWVA (founded in Winston-Salem, IIRC). I know a lawyer in the Washington, DC office. He was a professor of mine in Communications Law (a Dickinson alum), and gave me the highest grade that I ever received in law school. I still have that 55-page paper.

But I digress.