Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone, but the snow on the ground and the chill in the air are really starting to bring that home for me. Christmas comes in just 2 days, and it provides time to reflect both on the past year and to celebrate the birth of our Savior, in Whom we are able to realize the true meaning of peace and joy.

What a year it's been. It's been the end of chapters in my life, and the beginning of new ones. It's brought broken-heartedness and the tenderness of love refueled. It's brought death in my family and new life for so many I know. It's brought failure and triumph, sorrow and happiness, anger and reconciliation. But we have life, and as long as we have breath in our bodies, we have the faith, hope, and love to make tomorrow better than today. This Christmas, I thank Jesus for that gift, and I thank Him for being able to share this Christmas with you all, though it be over a message board.

I can agree with UVAObserver, it has been a year of of seeing loved ones no longer with us, happiness in seeing family members that have gone through separation in their lives, now picking up the pieces.

"My buddy," TJ Rasnick's family, has been on my heart today, knowing this is their first year without him. I know how much I miss him so I could not begin to fathom their pain. Even though the separation is still hard, knowing #11 numerals now shine in heaven, helps with the loss. Of course, I heard someone say, they aren't lost if you know where they are and I know my buddy is in heaven. He would be rooting for everyone on on this board to meet him there.

I was at the cancer center yesterday with my husband; he was diagnosed with chronic leukemia a little over a year ago. From the tests and doctor's report it appears within the next few months he will have to begin chemo.

It won't be easy, but I know that God is in control. He has given me strength through things in my life that have not been easy. When I gave my life to him many years ago, he never said I wouldn't have trials or sorrow, but I could have comfort, peace and strength in a relationship with him.

As we celebrate the Christmas season of Jesus birth, may your lives have room for him. Without him we are nothing, but with him we can be vessels of honor.

As my granddaughter told me Tuesday, "Mamaw, I like it when you come up--it makes the day go faster and better." Well board, that's the way Jesus makes our days, faster and better.

God bless to all and Merry Christmas.

Found this Christmas video I really enjoy--hope everyone likes it. Best viewed on a full screen.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

I can agree with UVAObserver, it has been a year of of seeing loved ones no longer with us, happiness in seeing family members that have gone through separation in their lives, now picking up the pieces.

"My buddy," TJ Rasnick's family, has been on my heart today, knowing this is their first year without him. I know how much I miss him so I could not begin to fathom their pain. Even though the separation is still hard, knowing #11 numerals now shine in heaven, helps with the loss. Of course, I heard someone say, they aren't lost if you know where they are and I know my buddy is in heaven. He would be rooting for everyone on on this board to meet him there.

I was at the cancer center yesterday with my husband; he was diagnosed with chronic leukemia a little over a year ago. From the tests and doctor's report it appears within the next few months he will have to begin chemo.

It won't be easy, but I know that God is in control. He has given me strength through things in my life that have not been easy. When I gave my life to him many years ago, he never said I wouldn't have trials or sorrow, but I could have comfort, peace and strength in a relationship with him.

As we celebrate the Christmas season of Jesus birth, may your lives have room for him. Without him we are nothing, but with him we can be vessels of honor.

As my granddaughter told me Tuesday, "Mamaw, I like it when you come up--it makes the day go faster and better." Well board, that's the way Jesus makes our days, faster and better.

God bless to all and Merry Christmas.

Found this Christmas video I really enjoy--hope everyone likes it. Best viewed on a full screen.

Life has many choices---eternity two

May God bless you and your family in the coming months!!