Rumble...rumble...rumble...

GMan

this is clearly a board to discuss topics on what we have heard and our opinions. if people could be sued for slander as you have put it Gman1986, hell most of us would be knee deep in lawsuits.

First let me say I have no dog in this fight. I don't think anyone should speculate on criminal issues like that on this forum. People's reputations are at stake and it is not proper to speculate and pass on rumors and inuendo. I am no fan of the superintendent or the school board but they are correct in not discussing personnel matters publicly. I am sure if it was a criminal matter the people in question would have been fired....not reassigned. You can be sued for slander for making these posts so I would tread lightly. "I heard" or "someone told me" is not a legal defense. Unless and until these rumors are proven correct I would refrain from passing them on unless you enjoy defending those positons on the witness stand. Just a word to the wise.

Libel, actually. And for a public concern (money + schools) and a public figure (principal of said school) it's a LOT easier to make defense than you're claiming (showing of knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for truth). But I agree with the thought behind it.

Edited by UVAObserver

don't go making threats....

Wasn't making a threat. Was stating the obvious. Slander...spoken word. Libel...written word. Sorry. These boards don't make you anonymous as some would like to think. When you post information about other people on here you should give them the same consideration you would like. If you don't have cold hard facts to back up the assertions you are making you should be careful. The moderators of this forum have no obligation to protect you from your own stupidity. IP addresses are not state secrets.

Wasn't making a threat. Was stating the obvious. Slander...spoken word. Libel...written word. Sorry. These boards don't make you anonymous as some would like to think. When you post information about other people on here you should give them the same consideration you would like. If you don't have cold hard facts to back up the assertions you are making you should be careful. The moderators of this forum have no obligation to protect you from your own stupidity. IP addresses are not state secrets.

thought you were trying to threaten him...my bad.

Mr. Mike Blevins is the new A.D and I think that is a great move!!

From what some of the teachers said about the meeting yesterday morning. Mr. O'Neil told them the news and had tears in his eyes and then he told them "take care of my children until I get back."

So with that being said he might be back sometime, I'm not sure though.

Me, as a Senior this year, want to get my diploma from Mr. O'Neil instead of Mr. Stacy.

I dont have anything against Mr. Stacy, I think he is a great guy and a great Principal (he was assistant principal at GMS a some years ago) but I want my diploma from the man who has been there with us for 3 and a half years instead of getting it from Mr. Stacy who has only been with us for 1 semester.

So, kick Marrs out and bring back O'Neil!!

Couldn't agree more! O'Neal kept the students in line, especially the student sections at games which easily could've gotten out of hand. He's big on "Graham Pride" which he instilled in us from our first day as freshmen. The school definitely wasn't the same Monday and Tuesday since O'Neal left.

Curious?!---From what I have seen from the paper and WVVA, they keep saying Marrs is suspended from "athletic duties" or "athletic director duties." So my question is---as of right now is Marrs still the head football coach?

Curious?!---From what I have seen from the paper and WVVA, they keep saying Marrs is suspended from "athletic duties" or "athletic director duties." So my question is---as of right now is Marrs still the head football coach?

No one outside of the TCSB and the other two involved knows the answer to that question...

We'll all know soon enough if he's still the coach. Usually a suspension is in order any time somebody is being investigated by the school system. Everybody just needs to calm down with all the accusations. We may never know what this situation is all about, if law enforcement is not involved, the school does not have to tell you jack squat about the situation.

Mr. Oneal came back to school today and he seemed like the happiest guy on earth. Glad to have him back!!

No one loves this school as much as O'Neal. Every time a student or teacher went to welcome him back he got a little teary eyed. Order is being restored at GHS, even if Doug isn't AD.