Virginia Tech's 2011 Signing Class

tbgfan

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/breaking/wb/275749

Wednesday, February 02,

Virginia Tech announces 2011 football signing class

The Roanoke Times

Virginia Tech is releasing its 2011 football signing class on its web site as they are received. Here is the current list:

Luther Maddy, defensive tackle, 6-foot-1, 280 pounds, Atlantic High School, Delray Beach, Fla.

Robert Lockhart, wide receiver, 6-2, 175, West Boca Raton H.S., Delray Beach, Fla.

Kyshoen Jarrett, cornerback 5-10, 175, East Stroudsburg South H.S., Tannersville, Pa.

Demitri Knowles, wide receiver 6-0, 175, Liberty Christian H.S., Lynchburg

Matt Roth, defensive end 6-3, 225, Nease H.S., St. Augustine, Fla.

Wedley Estime, defensive end/outside LB 6-3, 215, Atlantic H.S., Delray Beach, Fla.

Darius Redman, tight end 6-4, 240, H.D. Woodson H.S., Washington, D.C.

Ronny Vandyke, defensive back 6-3, 200 South County H.S., Lorton, Va.

James Farrow, cornerback 6-0, 170, Minnetonka H.S., Chanhassen, Minn.

Michael Holmes, running back 6-1, 200, Harrisonburg H.S., Harrisonburg

Christian Reeves, tight end 6-3, 215, Eagles Landing Christian H.S., McDonough, Ga.

Jake Goins, offensive tackle 6-5, 288, Manchester H.S., Midlothian

Kevin Asante, wide receiver 6-0, 185, Mallard Creek H.S., Charlotte, N.C.

Kris Harley, defensive tackle 6-1, 275, Warren Central H.S., Indianapolis, Ind.

Michael Cole, defensive back 6-1, 200, Cave Spring H.S.

Dewayne Alford, defensive end 6-3, 225, Nansemond River H.S., Suffolk

Corey Marshall, defensive end 6-2, 252, Dinwiddie H.S., Petersburg

Chris Hall, tight end 6-5, 232, Dinwiddie H.S., Petersburg,

Ryan Malleck, tight end, 6-5, 240, Point Pleasant Borough H.S., Point Pleasant, N.J.

Also, there is one January enrollee on the list

Adeboye Aromire, cornerback 6-0, 180, H.D. Woodson H.S., Washington, D.C.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Don't look now but UVA is gaining on VT. Hokies were out recruited by the WAHOOS.

We will know whether that is true in about 5 years. Recruiting is too much of a crap shoot to make bold statements. As Notre Dame about Charlie Weiss' top ten classes and how they have performed .

No QB? I know they had a QB de-committ and sign with Vandy.

No, no QB signed. However, there are four already on the roster with the oldest being a R-Jr next season.

my only thoughts are, as loaded as FL high schools are with talent, you are not going to get much to come to Va Tech after the FL schools take the cream of the crop...i think they would do better looking closer to home.

No, no QB signed. However, there are four already on the roster with the oldest being a R-Jr next season.

"If a kid doesn't want to come to Blacksburg and complete with the other QBs in the program, then maybe it's best he goes elsewhere. We wish him the best, but if he plays next fall at Vandy, I hope he has an offensive line!" Cavs

"If a kid doesn't want to come to Blacksburg and complete with the other QBs in the program, then maybe it's best he goes elsewhere. We wish him the best, but if he plays next fall at Vandy, I hope he has an offensive line!" Cavs

or he could go to Whoo-Ville and let them make a good qb in to a DB like they did Vic Hall...what a waste.

or he could go to Whoo-Ville and let them make a good qb in to a DB like they did Vic Hall...what a waste.

Hopefully something like that doesn't happen for them again. Having seen him in HS, and then how Groh used him against Tech his Junior year, I have no doubt that he would have been more effective at QB. Of course Groh wanted to turn Ahmad Bradshaw into a DB had he stayed.

Hopefully something like that doesn't happen for them again. Having seen him in HS, and then how Groh used him against Tech his Junior year, I have no doubt that he would have been more effective at QB. Of course Groh wanted to turn Ahmad Bradshaw into a DB had he stayed.

I know...I told AB back at the time going to Marshall would be the best thing that happened to him...told Devon the same thing...only way I would let my kid go to UVA is for Law School or Med School...and not many football players go that route.