2011 state tourney info

VHSLhelper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCC guy I talked to about the net problem told me that something like 530 phones were using the network during the semis, which was all their network could handle. He dumped the system, which allowed me to get connected. Tonight could be a mess with a dozen media guys needing a connection.

I FINALLY got a connection !!

Semis :

125 : Sean Vandyke (Gru) dec. Trey Gregory (NK), 6-4

130 : Jeremy Hurley (Gru) M-dec. Michael Enana (NK), 15-2

140 : Justin Street (Gru) - Brady Epperly (Cb) L 4-3

152 : Cody Rife (Gru) dec. James Linkous (Cb), 7-3

171 : Tyler McClanahan (Gru) pin. Quan Lee (Sal), 1:31

consol :

135 : Dakota Vance (Gru) - Michael Hosti (Free) L 6-8

189 : Tanner McClanahan (Gru) - Devin Smith (Sal) L 1-7

In the 2nd period, Street was up 2-1 and started down. He finally got an escape with about :20 left to go up 3-1, then Ep shot and sent him down just before time expired. It didn't lok like he had control but the ref gave him 2 to tie it at 3. After a conference, the 2 was removed. After another conference, the 2 was put back up. Ep started the 3rd down - Justin let him up freely and tried to get a takedown but couldn't.

As usual. the results / media room is never open to get the official stuff, but my numbers after the semis (no consol. results added in)

C'b - 207 pts. and 8 finalists, Grundy 107 & 4, Brookville 83 & 3, Millbrook 71 & 3

Justin should have won...the takedown wasn't control, and the points came after time ran out by about 3 seconds...the two refs and the clock operator all agreed that it was after the time ran out and took the points off, then the tourney director came down and got involved and the points were put back on the board...first, he is not a ref and shouldn't have even been down there...second, the refs and clock op all agreed and said the points never should have gone on the board in the first place...this was as dirty as it gets.

some coaches standing nearby during the break were talking about things...

how the refs seem worse than ever about not being consistent

how the "TD" wasn't even watching the match before he was called over

(I don't know about thsi "TD" stuff. The TD is Larry Hall. He's usually up in the crows nest and the black jacket guy that came over didn't look like him, although I can't be 100% certain)

I was watching online so I couldn't see the clock so I have no idea if he was out of time or not but it looked like the first official called the 2, then consulted with the other official and they agreed that it was before time ran out so they gave him the 2, then Travis came over and challenged the call regarding whether Epperly had control or not and they must have decided no he didn't have control so took the two off.

I was under the impression that once they consulted the first time and gave the points they cannot change the call again and I wonder if that was why the head official was called over to discuss that aspect. Once they consulted to make the call I don't think there is any point in arguing because I don't think they can overrule themselves but I don't remember if that is still a rule or not.

Woooooooooooooooooo!

That guarantees 2nd place for the 6th tme behind C'burg.

Castlewood's McCall lost his match 5-3... these A matches ae taking forever.

elliot are we locked in 2nd or is there any chance if cburg slips up we can catch them at this point?

Congrats to Tyler McClanahan Grundy's 4th State Champion of the night!

Justin Street finished up 4th...should have had a shot at the Championship.

very proud of all the Grundy kids...great job!