Even bigger news than the release of the VT football schedule...

GMan

I give Frank credit for one thing with Shane, he had him go out and earn his bones and didn't just put him in a spot like Groh. We will have to see how this plays out.

I hope Hite is not just being shunted off to the side. He has earned a proper end to his career.

I hope Hite is not just being shunted off to the side. He has earned a proper end to his career.

Hite will still be "getting paid" but his day-to-day responsibilities won't be as trying as they have been for the last 33 years. He'll still play an important role at Virginia Tech.

Now reports that former Hokie All-American Cornell Brown will be joining the Hokies staff next season. Full details are not out yet but official announcement will be Friday.

And that Kevin Jones wants to be an assistant as well ...

Now reports that former Hokie All-American Cornell Brown will be joining the Hokies staff next season. Full details are not out yet but official announcement will be Friday.

Confirmed, Brown is joining the staff...Coach Cavanaugh not retiring...

Cornell Brown has been paying his dues as an assistant for years starting in NFL-Europe and the CFL. I think it is great when former players come back to coach, shoot look what Torrien Gray has brought to the secondary.

This was not suppected to happen in this short of a time frame. However, other Colleges were after Brown, but Beamer was not going to allow Brown to be lost to another school. As of right now that's the only other staff change, but there is a chance of another change, but it seems like it might not happen.

Guest The Variable

Just curious, how many of you Tech fans on here are of the "In Beamer we trust" camp?

Just curious, how many of you Tech fans on here are of the "In Beamer we trust" camp?

I'm more of a "In Bud, we trust" man myself...his D has carried this program for many years...

Guest The Variable
I'm more of a "In Bud, we trust" man myself...his D has carried this program for many years...

Fair enough. I just seem to find that Tech fans either are head over heels in love with him or cannot stand him.

I think he is just overrated, in both good and bad categories. I always thought it was Vick who really put Tech on the map but I was not old enough to really understand college football until around the time he came through so that analysis could be quite inaccurate.

I think there's something to be said about his prudence and the consistency that has come from it. Yes, it is frustrating that we haven't taken another step forward, but at the end of the day, there are many programs much worse off than we are. We are where we are because of Frank Beamer.

I think there's something to be said about his prudence and the consistency that has come from it. Yes, it is frustrating that we haven't taken another step forward, but at the end of the day, there are many programs much worse off than we are. We are where we are because of Frank Beamer.

Pretty much agreed.

No, credit that to Mark Warner and Tim Kaine grabbing UVA by the cojones.

And Dr. Casteen for having the cojones to stand up and do what was best for the Commonwealth and the ACC. Syracuse v. Tech