Catching up with the Curry's...

GMan

"Let downs" happen when you aren't prepared. Bad losses happen when you aren't prepared. It is the HEAD COACH's job to PREPARE the players for EVERY GAME.

LAWYERED!!!*

*- A "How I Met Your Mother" reference.

I LOLed.

I'm not saying it's not the head coach's job to prepare. I'm saying that Greenberg can't go out there and play the game for them. I think Greenberg prepares his guys: you don't beat 4 #1 teams in your tenure if you don't. Letdowns happen, even with good teams. Look at Duke against St. John's.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you worried about me? I said that they could very well lose the game to B.C. as it turns out they did. Bye bye NCAAs. I still contend that the players need to be responsible for THEIR actions! Greenberg was not the one air balling shots last night. Greenberg even said that Mondays' practice was one of the best he's ever seen at VT and he couldn't believe the difference with what he saw in the players' eyes Tuesday pregame. I don;t know what changed. I was there last night and there was no energy in that building at all during pregame. You could see VT was going to be in trouble before the game started.

Why are you worried about me? I said that they could very well lose the game to B.C. as it turns out they did. Bye bye NCAAs.

No, not bye-bye NCAAs. You need 1 win by the end of the season. Just 1. One is sufficient. It's not just me saying this. Pretty much everyone at ESPN concurs with my assertion, and it's their business to put their opinions into print.

I LOLed.

I'm not saying it's not the head coach's job to prepare. I'm saying that Greenberg can't go out there and play the game for them. I think Greenberg prepares his guys: you don't beat 4 #1 teams in your tenure if you don't. Letdowns happen, even with good teams. Look at Duke against St. John's.

The way St. John's has been playing, their win over Duke can't really be considered that much of an upset...

Why are you worried about me? I said that they could very well lose the game to B.C. as it turns out they did. Bye bye NCAAs. I still contend that the players need to be responsible for THEIR actions! Greenberg was not the one air balling shots last night. Greenberg even said that Mondays' practice was one of the best he's ever seen at VT and he couldn't believe the difference with what he saw in the players' eyes Tuesday pregame. I don;t know what changed. I was there last night and there was no energy in that building at all during pregame. You could see VT was going to be in trouble before the game started.

Lawyered*.

*HIMYM

No, not bye-bye NCAAs. You need 1 win by the end of the season. Just 1.

Not likely to happen. VT will lose on the road to Clemson in a nail-biter. They'll get the #6 seed in the ACC Tournament and lose to GT in the first round. NIT bound...

No, not bye-bye NCAAs. You need 1 win by the end of the season. Just 1. One is sufficient. It's not just me saying this. Pretty much everyone at ESPN concurs with my assertion, and it's their business to put their opinions into print.

Same thing was said last year. Then, favorites started dropping in conference tourneys and at large bids started taking shape. That pushed VT out. Same thing could happen this year as VT hasn't "taken the bull by the horns."

Same thing was said last year. Then, favorites started dropping in conference tourneys and at large bids started taking shape. That pushed VT out. Same thing could happen this year as VT hasn't "taken the bull by the horns."

There are 4 more bids this year. If the field were 68, VT would've been in that last season.

The bubble's pretty solid this year, not a lot of mid-major at-large contenders. The CAA obviously excepted.

I will say one more thing on the Greenberg subject. As Will Stewart pointed out on his basketball forum and I've said on here before, NCAA basketball is scummy right down to the politics of the AAU of today for 10 year olds. VT has P.J. Barksedale that is coming in next season and I firmly believe that if Barkesdale had signed with Duke, UNC, or another marquee program or coach, Barkesdale would be a McDonald's AA. Politics! Seth tries to do things the right way and tries to mentor his players while running a clean program. The egos of some of these high school players with the advancement of technology and how they are being treated by their peers and "handlers" has become worse and worse.

Look at the investigations going on at the two schools that just played for the BCS football championship.

This is not a vote of "settling for mediocrity" either from me. I still think that it's going to be hard to lure lower tier program successful coaches to big name schools in big time conferences like VT or the ACC. Whether people like it or not, Virginia Tech is a named school and gets a lot of national attention. That will also bring a lot of pressure and outside attention from people who want to "help you out."

The question remains, how bad do you want to win?

I will say one more thing on the Greenberg subject. As Will Stewart pointed out on his basketball forum and I've said on here before, NCAA basketball is scummy right down to the politics of the AAU of today for 10 year olds. VT has P.J. Barksedale that is coming in next season and I firmly believe that if Barkesdale had signed with Duke, UNC, or another marquee program or coach, Barkesdale would be a McDonald's AA. Politics! Seth tries to do things the right way and tries to mentor his players while running a clean program. The egos of some of these high school players with the advancement of technology and how they are being treated by their peers and "handlers" has become worse and worse.

Look at the investigations going on at the two schools that just played for the BCS football championship.

This is not a vote of "settling for mediocrity" either from me. I still think that it's going to be hard to lure lower tier program successful coaches to big name schools in big time conferences like VT or the ACC. Whether people like it or not, Virginia Tech is a named school and gets a lot of national attention. That will also bring a lot of pressure and outside attention from people who want to "help you out."

As I have stated before, I have been a Kentucky fan since the days of Adolph Rupp and Dan Issel. I am aware of shortcuts taken there under Eddie Sutton that led to the dismantling of the program and the rebirth under Pitino.

That said, I have backed off of my support in light of what they did to Tubby Smith, and the type of coaches that have followed. I personally find Cal. to be something akin to a used car salesman and a shyster lawyer. He and that program typify what is wrong in college hoops today. I would hate to see the Hokies stoop to that level to win.

As I have stated before, I have been a Kentucky fan since the days of Adolph Rupp and Dan Issel. I am aware of shortcuts taken there under Eddie Sutton that led to the dismantling of the program and the rebirth under Pitino.

That said, I have backed off of my support in light of what they did to Tubby Smith, and the type of coaches that have followed. I personally find Cal. to be something akin to a used car salesman and a shyster lawyer. He and that program typify what is wrong in college hoops today. I would hate to see the Hokies stoop to that level to win.

And I have stated the same thing about UK lately. I've cheered for Kentucky basketball since 1990. Once they hired Calipari, I said I wouldn't cheer for the Cats as long as that slime ball was in charged and that he would have them on probation soon.

Quit laying an egg in the games you are SUPPOSED TO WIN...

IF VT had won the five games (UVAx2, BCx2, GT) they should have won this season, would there be any doubt as to whether they were in the

NCAA tournament??? Hell, they'd be ranked in the Top 20...

When its the same thing season after season after season, and the ONLY common denominator is the HEAD COACH, then maybe, THERE is your problem...

And THERE is the answer to your question.