Hurley/ page county thoughts ?

vtfan56

Page is a perimeter oriented team, their win against Surry would be considered an upset.

They hit 12 of 32 3's against Surry the other night.

They don't have much of an inside game, they will play 5 out on offense, penetrate and kick.

On defense they play man mostly, will play zone some.

Should be a contrast in styles when they meet Hurley...........

My prediction Hurley 67 Page 54

Hurley seems to be weak in defending from the foul line back in the middle...so i can see this being a problem...hope they can make some adjustments and roll someone out to stop it. Top of the key is the easiest spot to shoot a 3 from.

They aren't weak in defendnig the foul line. Eastmont only runs 1 or 2 sets of offense. They put their big man there to pull Waynick out from under the goal so Wooten 5, Julian 21, and 2 could drive in to the basket without getting blocked because they were just trying to get to the basket. Although 2 and Wooten hit some big shots they couldn't hit consistently enough to make a D.

I couldn't believe Hurley played man, and Eastmont played zone and junk (Triangle 2) I guess someone had them spooked bout Coopers and Waynick but man they should be 3 tough athletes...

Just thought that Charles, Allen, and Brown couldn't handle the pressure, Brown held it at the foul line for a minute without even once getting a 5 second count started. Hurley did a great job gameplanning ane executing. Got the ball into the playmakers hands despite Peck and Allen hit all but I think 2 foul shots.... played solid D on Wooten's game winner attempt.

Thursday 1 if they win Friday at 3:45 I believe......

I'll take Hurley and 10 points.

They aren't weak in defendnig the foul line. Eastmont only runs 1 or 2 sets of offense. They put their big man there to pull Waynick out from under the goal so Wooten 5, Julian 21, and 2 could drive in to the basket without getting blocked because they were just trying to get to the basket. Although 2 and Wooten hit some big shots they couldn't hit consistently enough to make a D.

I couldn't believe Hurley played man, and Eastmont played zone and junk (Triangle 2) I guess someone had them spooked bout Coopers and Waynick but man they should be 3 tough athletes...

Just thought that Charles, Allen, and Brown couldn't handle the pressure, Brown held it at the foul line for a minute without even once getting a 5 second count started. Hurley did a great job gameplanning ane executing. Got the ball into the playmakers hands despite Peck and Allen hit all but I think 2 foul shots.... played solid D on Wooten's game winner attempt.

Thursday 1 if they win Friday at 3:45 I believe......

I'll take Hurley and 10 points.

not weak around the foul line? ok...i just watched TS and Va High score every time they got near it...i guess they are bulletproof then.

what i was talking about is defending the foul line to the top of the key...and that general area...seemed to me like they gave up a lot of points in that area and were playing a little lower...but, thats just my opinion...might be wrong.

Lance I see what your saying. I agree that they dont play tight near the free throw stripe but I dont think they are "weak" there. They give up the points near there due to the fact they want to keep waynick a little closer to the basket, and I believe that does hurt them when they play teams that spread the floor well.

Lance I see what your saying. I agree that they dont play tight near the free throw stripe but I dont think they are "weak" there. They give up the points near there due to the fact they want to keep waynick a little closer to the basket, and I believe that does hurt them when they play teams that spread the floor well.

thats all i was saying...that would be a weakness...and i said they would need to roll someone out to correct it...not a big deal, didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a wad lol.

Hey guys I just got done taking a train through there Saturday. They are a small town buch kinda like hurley but wide open land. The entire town was happy from their own fans it was not supose to happen 3 of their kids had already made baseball practice scheduling. But that dose not mean a lot they are 2 wins away just like hurley. But I'm hoping its hurley all the way. I've heard a lot of people say basketball is like football it stops west of roanoke show them wrong please.

what i was talking about is defending the foul line to the top of the key...and that general area...seemed to me like they gave up a lot of points in that area and were playing a little lower...but, thats just my opinion...might be wrong.

Lance Bass are you talking about the VA High game where they didn't have Tyler Super Cooper and they got beat?

Cause if they don't have Tyler they couldn't D up. And against Twin Springs if they have a 6'8 guy I'd say they have to defend inside the paint before they defend the foul line in that situation.... I'm not saying your wrong, just saying why I think that is....