Obama Contradicts Himself Big Time

bucfan64

In a 2007 interview with the Boston Globe, then would be Presidential hopeful Barack Obama said..."“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,†Obama responded."

Flashforward to today, March 2011.

Obama did not seek congressional authorization before joining allies, including Great Britain and France, in taking military action against the regime of Libyan dictator Col. Moammar Gadhafi in order to establish a no-fly zone over that country. The action was approved by the United Nations Security Council but not by the U.S. Congress.

So, lets get this straight. A President cannot authorize military attack, if the said President is George Bush, but a President can authorize a military attack, if the said President is B.H. Obama. Got it!

Whether you support U.S. action in Iraq and Afghanistan or action in Libya, you cannot run from the fact that B.H. Obama has flip flopped on his position concerning this matter.

I actually prefer to call it what it is, a Presidential candidate saying what is popular and PC in order to garner votes, but not actually meaning what he says.........AKA...........lying!

Newsflash - a candidate lies to the American people.

Reality - blanket statements involving unknowns usually end up biting you in the butt, ("Read my lips....)

The troubling thing for me is that unlike all recent Presidents who have used military force, he did not come before the American people and Congressional leaders to make the full case.

It is also troubling to me that we have the sliding scale of support for popular uprisings. Libya gets military support, Egypt gets rhetoric, Bahrain gets nothing and we ignore Iran.

AMEN!

Where are the libs when one of their own does or says something like this? They cannot be found, once again showing the hypocrisy of the radical left.

But you will never see an admittance of guilt on their part.

The thing about all of this that really gets me however is the fact that the American people are so loyal to these political parties that they refuse to see the hypocrisy of it all. There is very little difference between the BIG TWO, America no longer has a 2 party system!

Edited by bucfan64

AMEN!

Where are the libs when one of their own does or says something like this? They cannot be found, once again showing the hypocrisy of the radical left.

But you will never see an admittance of guilt on their part.

The thing about all of this that really gets me however is the fact that the American people are so loyal to these political parties that they refuse to see the hypocrisy of it all. There is very little difference between the BIG TWO, America no longer has a 2 party system!

We need to trash the current system and start over. Actually, we need to go back and follow the Constitution to the letter. Most of our representatives don't even know what the constitution even says, much less what it means.

We need to trash the current system and start over. Actually, we need to go back and follow the Constitution to the letter. Most of our representatives don't even know what the constitution even says, much less what it means.

I agree, but so few people in this country care about the system that things will really have to get bad for enough of them to become motivated to CHANGE things. I do believe we are on that track, but more people need to become active.

Reality - blanket statements involving unknowns usually end up biting you in the butt, ("Read my lips....)

The troubling thing for me is that unlike all recent Presidents who have used military force, he did not come before the American people and Congressional leaders to make the full case.

It is also troubling to me that we have the sliding scale of support for popular uprisings. Libya gets military support, Egypt gets rhetoric, Bahrain gets nothing and we ignore Iran.

Well typed.

In a 2007 interview with the Boston Globe, then would be Presidential hopeful Barack Obama said..."“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,†Obama responded."

Flashforward to today, March 2011.

Obama did not seek congressional authorization before joining allies, including Great Britain and France, in taking military action against the regime of Libyan dictator Col. Moammar Gadhafi in order to establish a no-fly zone over that country. The action was approved by the United Nations Security Council but not by the U.S. Congress.

So, lets get this straight. A President cannot authorize military attack, if the said President is George Bush, but a President can authorize a military attack, if the said President is B.H. Obama. Got it!

Whether you support U.S. action in Iraq and Afghanistan or action in Libya, you cannot run from the fact that B.H. Obama has flip flopped on his position concerning this matter.

I actually prefer to call it what it is, a Presidential candidate saying what is popular and PC in order to garner votes, but not actually meaning what he says.........AKA...........lying!

Glad to see someone else watches The Daily Show with John Stewart, lol. But this is true. Everyone wants to trash Bush for going into Iraq, but it's ok for Obama to go into Libya. Granted, Iraq has been much worse than Libya as far as US involvement goes, but it's still the same principle.

Glad to see someone else watches The Daily Show with John Stewart, lol. But this is true. Everyone wants to trash Bush for going into Iraq, but it's ok for Obama to go into Libya. Granted, Iraq has been much worse than Libya as far as US involvement goes, but it's still the same principle.

It's a fact that Bush had twice the coalition support for going into Iraq than Obama has for Lybia.

I heard on Bill Bennett this morning a former general (and I can't remember his name, old age haha) talk about how Afghanistan and Lybia are impossible missions because of the desparity between the American 21st century culture we live in versus the 9th century tribal/Islamic culture they live in. It just won't work and I think he's right. Afghanistan is a failure.

great article. i would have hoped that we could all learn from bush's mistakes, but apparently our panic over rising oil prices trumps their rights to determine their own future.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
It's a fact that Bush had twice the coalition support for going into Iraq than Obama has for Lybia.

I heard on Bill Bennett this morning a former general (and I can't remember his name, old age haha) talk about how Afghanistan and Lybia are impossible missions because of the desparity between the American 21st century culture we live in versus the 9th century tribal/Islamic culture they live in. It just won't work and I think he's right. Afghanistan is a failure.

Spot on.

Read the Places in Between by Rory Stewart if you want to know more about the country of Afghanistan. He walked the entire country, just a few years ago. Interesting facts, stories, and an easy read.