The Big East is overrated

The Big East conference , while being a very good conference did not deserve 11 teams . Part of their hype comes from the ESPN people , who all for the most part live in that area . They started out with 11 teams in the field and only have 2 left and those 2 may have been gone if they did not play another Big East team . These so-called experts do not see the other teams as much and are going to be biased towards the eastern teams . 11 out of 16 teams is ridiculous .

Who shouldn't have been in from the BE? Don't say Marquette. Perhaps Villanova? Colorado was the only team to get royally screwed IMO.

Georgetown 10-8 21-11

Villanova 9-9 21-12

Marquette 9-9 22-14

I think an argument could be made for any or all of these teams being left out of the big dance.

Edited by blueinbama

I laff out lowed at these threads

Look at the Big East's OOC W-L and tell me they are over rated.

I guess some of you forget, every team in the tournament will lose, expect one.

Rocks, I’m not trying to talk smack about Big East basketball. I think they are the best league top to bottom, no question, and we all realize all but one team has to lose. But when 11 teams in one conference are chosen, and all but two are eliminated before the sweet 16, it makes you wonder whether or not they deserved to have that many teams chosen in the first place. I would have left out the three I mentioned. Just my opinion.

You’re entitled to yours.

I challenge you to look at some of these teams and their performances:

Marquette’s OOC schedule...their OOC wins were less than impressive. Their OOC losses were very telling.

Villanova lost 8 of their last 10 games, and lost the last 6 in a row.

Georgetown lost their last 5 games, and lost 6 out of their last 7.

Edited by blueinbama

Georgetown 10-8 21-11

Villanova 9-9 21-12

Marquette 9-9 22-14

I think an argument could be made for any or all of these teams being left out of the big dance.

I agree totally. Georgetown possibly without Chris Wright made Georgetown shaky to me, especially seeing how lost they looked without him in the Big L'East Tournament. Villanova had lost an insane 10 of 15. Marquette had 14 losses, which frankly should keep any team out of the tournament.

The reason the Big East got 11 teams in was because this was a down year for NCAA Basketball. Most years they get around 8 or so. The Big East performed well in OOC, so they were considered the best conference. The teams mentioned above were inconsistent at the end but you can't argue too much for them being in.

The Big East conference , while being a very good conference did not deserve 11 teams . Part of their hype comes from the ESPN people , who all for the most part live in that area . They started out with 11 teams in the field and only have 2 left and those 2 may have been gone if they did not play another Big East team . These so-called experts do not see the other teams as much and are going to be biased towards the eastern teams . 11 out of 16 teams is ridiculous .

Thanks for the analysis, Sir Charles...

1157.jpg

Rocks, I’m not trying to talk smack about Big East basketball. I think they are the best league top to bottom, no question, and we all realize all but one team has to lose. But when 11 teams in one conference are chosen, and all but two are eliminated before the sweet 16, it makes you wonder whether or not they deserved to have that many teams chosen in the first place. I would have left out the three I mentioned. Just my opinion.

You’re entitled to yours.

I challenge you to look at some of these teams and their performances:

Marquette’s OOC schedule...their OOC wins were less than impressive. Their OOC losses were very telling.

Villanova lost 8 of their last 10 games, and lost the last 6 in a row.

Georgetown lost their last 5 games, and lost 6 out of their last 7.

Big East has the best basketball conference period. They don't have the best team, but as a conference, they are the best top to bottom. I can see an arguement for Nova not making it because they had a tough ending to the season. Georgetown had a key injury and was a top 25 team all year. Marquette, well , they are still alive. To say it's the ESPN guys, is crazy. ESPN absolutely hates on the BE in football. It's just a matter of fact that the Big East has a strangle hold on basketball.