BREAKING NEWS - Bin Laden

That's spin. Osama was as important as he ever was: the new terrorists didn't swear allegiance to Al-Qaeda, they swore it to OSAMA. He was the heart and the lifeblood of the organization. Yesterday ripped the heart from Al-Qaeda.

I agree that terrorism will continue, and Al-Qaeda will still live on until we eliminate the support mechanisms. But to downplay the blow to Al-Qaeda is simply incorrect.

Well that I believe. But I more believe he was a rallying point for them, a legend even. He was in large part on the run, intermittently making videos when we'd start to forget about him (kinda like Britney Spears). He no doubt had to keep his whereabouts and own motives secret from a large part of Al-Qaeda to have survived as long as he did.

So while I think it's a big blow to their morale, and their "hearts" if they have them, that may simply be all that is required to awaken future devastation. Fortunately, we won't be taken by surprise this time.

I'm sure Al-Qaeda has been prepared for this day since 9/12/2001 when we promised we'd track him down and serve some American justice and pancakes.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that I believe. But I more believe he was a rallying point for them, a legend even. He was in large part on the run, intermittently making videos when we'd start to forget about him (kinda like Britney Spears). He no doubt had to keep his whereabouts and own motives secret from a large part of Al-Qaeda to have survived as long as he did.

So while I think it's a big blow to their morale, and their "hearts" if they have them, that may simply be all that is required to awaken future devastation. Fortunately, we won't be taken by surprise this time.

I'm sure Al-Qaeda has been prepared for this day since 9/12/2001 when we promised we'd track him down and serve some American justice and pancakes.

I agree that he was certainly a rallying point and a legend. He certainly didn't oversee day-to-day operations in the field for the last decade, though hopefully the intelligence recovered at the mansion will lead us to those who do.

Personally, I believe Al-Qaeda was prepared immediately after 9/11/2001, but was likely lulled into a false security the longer we went without capturing him. I have little to base this on, except what makes sense to me.

I think the next action should be to move into eastern Afghanistan and western Pakistan and police that border. We need to wipe out the training facilities the militants use. We've cut the head off the snake; now we need to trim the tree at its roots.

We did a lot of damage to Al Qaeda after 9/11 and kept them on the run. People don't see that simply because we didn't kill Bin Laden. These are the same people who are saying that we should immediately bring all of the troops home Bin Laden was killed. Some people just don't get it.

LOL,

OH BROTHER!

Why don't you move to a small remote part of Pakistan and run for office? I hear they are looking for a new leader. Not the country the crazy fools who hate everything we stand for. I hear a mansion is available too!

Look , I'm messing with ya, but really? This whole thing is a political ploy? I call BS on you. If they have followed him for 8 months and built a model of the compound just to practice the drill on, why didn't he wait until close to election time for his next term and just keep following him and pop one in his head at that time? It's kind of pathetic to see a grown man act like this. It's like the kid who didn't win at kickball stomping his feet and going home. No need to be on Obama's case, he's an American, he has a birth certificate, te majority of your fellow Americans put him in office, and he was the head of the operation. He made the decisions based on the hard work of the people in positions to do it. No President will be in harms way , Grant isn't coming back from the dead and bringing Washington with him.

Great job !

LoL, Deceiver in Chief?

Were you alive during the Bush administration?

The truth is...I don't trust any of those bastards in Washington but some of them are less believable than others...

Guest The Variable
I agree that he was certainly a rallying point and a legend. He certainly didn't oversee day-to-day operations in the field for the last decade, though hopefully the intelligence recovered at the mansion will lead us to those who do.

Personally, I believe Al-Qaeda was prepared immediately after 9/11/2001, but was likely lulled into a false security the longer we went without capturing him. I have little to base this on, except what makes sense to me.

I think the next action should be to move into eastern Afghanistan and western Pakistan and police that border. We need to wipe out the training facilities the militants use. We've cut the head off the snake; now we need to trim the tree at its roots.

There is a terrorist in the UK, I think hes in prison or he flipped on his boys for freedom...either way, he was in on the 9/11 prep talks. He said that Al Queda had firmly believed that America would not do anything substantive about the attacks based on recent historical precedent (most recently the USS Cole). Part of the reason he bailed was because he claims he tried to warn them that this would ultimately be their undoing and they ignored him.

Anyone else notice...

The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS...

Actually it's B and S not BS cause if that was the case then we would have Obsama and Osbama? So might want try another Obama bashing website for your jokes, cause while you may have gotten a little tehe most of us civilized people just find your lack of spelling ability sad.

Actually it's B and S not BS cause if that was the case then we would have Obsama and Osbama? So might want try another Obama bashing website for your jokes, cause while you may have gotten a little tehe most of us civilized people just find your lack of spelling ability sad.

Given that I confused the names "Osama" and "Obama" all day yesterday, I find "Osbama" and "Obsama" very good substitutes.

There is a terrorist in the UK, I think hes in prison or he flipped on his boys for freedom...either way, he was in on the 9/11 prep talks. He said that Al Queda had firmly believed that America would not do anything substantive about the attacks based on recent historical precedent (most recently the USS Cole). Part of the reason he bailed was because he claims he tried to warn them that this would ultimately be their undoing and they ignored him.

This may be so, but highjacking FOUR planes and attempting to fly them into different structures?

If they truly thought the U.S. wouldn't respond to that, they deserve it for sheer stupidity alone.

Perhaps if the attack were similar to 1993, there would've been little done. But the degree of difference is staggering.

Guest The Variable
This may be so, but highjacking FOUR planes and attempting to fly them into different structures?

If they truly thought the U.S. wouldn't respond to that, they deserve it for sheer stupidity alone.

Perhaps if the attack were similar to 1993, there would've been little done. But the degree of difference is staggering.

Its a cultural thing I guess that may have lead them to believe we were weak women. As they found out, hubris doesnt just work against the superpowers.

After learning of and seeing the bare handed butt wiping, the using animals for bedroom fun, for treating women as mere means of procreation tools and the unwillingness to live with anyone who believes differently from them, I have decided I do not want to know any more about that culture.

Apparently the city he was hiding in is mostly a military/governmental community. Lots of military facilities, employees and retirees. To me it would be like him hiding in Arlington or Alexandria. Mud on the face for Pakistan for sure.

I've been thinking about that, and I haven't reached a conclusion. The neighbors didn't know he was there, our watchers didn't KNOW he was there (I heard 60-70% sure), using BOTH eyes on the ground AND in the air. Easy for him to have been brought in at night and no one would know.

What I liked was ... everything. What wa the diff. between how he was living and house arrest? An hour out in the yard every couple of days, no phone, no internet, very little involvement with his followers.

Guest The Variable
The USS Cole was done by them as well correct?

I only remember that because I was on my way to Blacksburg to watch WVU-VT play each other the same day it got bombed.

Guy I went to high school with was on the Cole. His dad has pretty much gone insane over it (understandably). The USS Cole license plates was initiated by him, we named a bridge after his son and many other different things in my hometown.

I cant remember if the Cole was AQs work.

1. I just want to say thank you and how proud I am today.

2. I really hate to see the political nonsense.....I've already heard the whining from both sides about giving Bush or Obama credit. Give it up already! I haven't read it here....I'm just venting. Obama has been overseeing and gave the order...so he gets credit there. I don't think that he sounded like he put the initial bounty on his head so to speak. He did say that was a priority when he took office and I remember hearing that in speeches prior to winning the election. A lot of hard core republican friends of mine want to give Bush Credit......IMO, he had 8 years and chose to spend that looking for WMD, ridding the world of Saddam Huessein. I'm not bashing any of that...really. He may have initiated the war on terror and for that he gets credit.

3. Let's give credit to the Seals and everyone else involved in bring justice to our country and most specifically the people who lost someone in 9-11.

4.. It's a great day to be an American!

under enormous pressure and my guess he told them to not take him alive