The Trump..

Lance

as much as i hate to say it...i like a lot of what he says...lol...i dont know that i would vote for him, but i like a lot of the ideas he has about fixing the economy...i also remember when Trump was bankrupt...so on one hand, he has gone from rich to broke and back to rich again...and on the other, his hairpiece is distracting.

Guest The Variable
as much as i hate to say it...i like a lot of what he says...lol...i dont know that i would vote for him, but i like a lot of the ideas he has about fixing the economy...i also remember when Trump was bankrupt...so on one hand, he has gone from rich to broke and back to rich again...and on the other, his hairpiece is distracting.

Same here. Its sad when even a clown knows what needs to be done but washington doesnt.

Strange, I have the opposite view on Obama: yes for diplomat/strategist, no for anything economic.

It's difficult to tell what anyone could do economically. There is such a stranglehold from both sides, really any direction (left or right) would be nice.

I'm surprised you say strategist. I feel months ago you would not have said so.

It's difficult to tell what anyone could do economically. There is such a stranglehold from both sides, really any direction (left or right) would be nice.

I'm surprised you say strategist. I feel months ago you would not have said so.

Of course I wouldn't have. It's the best military maneuver since D-Day. You can see my Page 1 of the other thread, #3-#4.

I disagree that "any" direction would be nice. The Keynesian direction will make us worse. The trickle-down direction will make us worse. Obama is a rabid Keynesian: spend, spend, spend, spend, then look at the consequences.

Guest The Variable
I'd have him on an economic development team or as a financial advisor. I wouldn't have him as a diplomat or military leader...so no, no votes from me.

Well his economic model plays off some pretty serious diplomatic maneuvers (like matching trade percentages with Asian countries or busting OPEC) so you have to take both together. The strategy you trust depends on the diplomacy you dont like.

Of course I wouldn't have. It's the best military maneuver since D-Day. You can see my Page 1 of the other thread, #3-#4.

I commend your sensibility in giving credit where you believe its due despite your opposing political beliefs. Sincerely.

I disagree that "any" direction would be nice. The Keynesian direction will make us worse. The trickle-down direction will make us worse. Obama is a rabid Keynesian: spend, spend, spend, spend, then look at the consequences.

It's been slowly trending upward. As Axel Rose once sang, "all we need is patience".

On the bright side, the economy in Pulaski County should be spiking. I've been spending money like I have it ever since I moved here.

I commend your sensibility in giving credit where you believe its due despite your opposing political beliefs. Sincerely.

And I thank you sincerely for the compliment. As far as political boards go, this is probably my favorite: sure, it doesn't get the activity of the larger ones, but I feel as if each side largely can give credit where credit's due to their political opposites. And I try my best to uphold that. You do, too.

It's been slowly trending upward. As Axel Rose once sang, "all we need is patience".

On the bright side, the economy in Pulaski County should be spiking. I've been spending money like I have it ever since I moved here.

I compare this economic recovery to fixing a faulty engine in a car. Sure, over a five-year period you can spend $1200 replacing a burned out piston, $1200 replacing thrown rods, $600 fixing hoses twice, $600 fixing belts that have broken 3 times, and $500 for constantly changing oil and replacing leaking seals.

Or, you can just pay $2500 the first time to replace the engine first time around. You've saved yourself five years of headaches, over $1000, and the stress of wondering whether or not your car's engine would just blow up anyway.

To make my point now. Sure, with strategy #1, you need time, patience, and a thick wallet. With strategy #2, you can just buckle down, fix the problem, and recover sooner. Obama picked #1; McCain wanted #2. And here we are today: "Patience".

Guest The Variable
Trump would be a terrible candidate. As a Republican I am ashamed that he is even being mentioned.

As opposed to John McCain? He was the real disaster.

Guest The Variable
How so?

Should we start with his presidential campaign that looked almost like he was trying to lose? He definitely looked like he wasnt trying to win. He picked what was a polarizing VP then refused to let her act in her element. He made some of the dumbest political maneuvers I have seen. He was a veteran who didnt support veterans. He constantly looked like he was in a perpetual state of flashback. He was angry when he should have been calm, calm when he should have been angry and timid when he should have been aggressive. Lets not forget that he did this twice before and couldnt even get the GOP nomination. He had no economic vision, much less a plan to sell to the American people, he had no foreign policy change from Bushs which was pathetic. He never exploited a hole in his opponents campaign and there were plenty especially once Biden got on the trail.

I dont want a loser, a weakling or a 30 year senator in my White House. The ONLY reason I voted for McCain was because Palin was on the ticket, and as inexperienced as she sounded she still was the best choice on the ticket (and oddly enough, the most experienced). The best thing that could have happened in 08 would have been McCain winning and then having to retire a week after inauguration for health reasons.

I blame Republicans for Obama, they made it possible. One of the reasons that I never belonged to the GOP. Their candidates are usually the least honest. I remain a Constitutional Conservative, someone who remembers that document a whole lot better than the Grand Old Failure who is full of right wing progressives who brought us Bush and McCain.

I would've prrrooobably voted McCain over Gore...and definitely over Kerry. But I don't know if it was a coming of age thing or not but it seemed like Obama would just rattle him in the debates and John would just turn into a pompous, unlikeable, douche.

I had seen Obama coming for a while and liked him from day one but I was more than willing to give McCain a chance. I pulled for him through all of the primaries and was glad to see him get the nomination...then it seemed like he changed.

Did McCain really choose Palin? I feel like the GOP threw her at him.

Look McCain knew he didn't have very much of a chance against Obama. The Palin pick was simply to energize his candidacy and it worked! Then the media hounds were turned loose to tear Palin apart.

I would recommend you read the book "Game Change." It is an inside look at the Clinton, Cain and Obama campaigns. Really fascinating study of the personalities and how each candidate fell or rose.

Guest The Variable
Look McCain knew he didn't have very much of a chance against Obama. The Palin pick was simply to energize his candidacy and it worked! Then the media hounds were turned loose to tear Palin apart.

Yes, it energized his candidacy because she agreed with so many things that he didnt. Shes a conservative. Hes a progressive.

Obama painted McCain as Bushs 3rd term, he was right...he didnt mention that he was also Bushs 3rd term.

Palin had problems speaking on McCains platform because his platform was nonsense. He was weak on EVERYTHING. Palins biggest mistake was accepting his invitation to his campaign, or maybe it wasnt.

Guest The Variable
I would've prrrooobably voted McCain over Gore...and definitely over Kerry. But I don't know if it was a coming of age thing or not but it seemed like Obama would just rattle him in the debates and John would just turn into a pompous, unlikeable, douche.

I was reminded of a southpark episode concerning a fecal sandwich versus a large female hygene product.

I had seen Obama coming for a while and liked him from day one but I was more than willing to give McCain a chance. I pulled for him through all of the primaries and was glad to see him get the nomination...then it seemed like he changed.

Not to get into a debate over journalism, but the only thing that changed about McCain was the reporting done on him. He was one of the worst possible candidates for the GOP to run so he was the most appealing to report on favorably. That is until he got the nomination...

Did McCain really choose Palin? I feel like the GOP threw her at him.

McCain at the time embodied the controlling interests within the GOP. It was a last ditch effort to save his campaign, and the sad thing is how early in the campaign it was that he was trying to salvage a disaster.

Not to get into a debate over journalism, but the only thing that changed about McCain was the reporting done on him. He was one of the worst possible candidates for the GOP to run so he was the most appealing to report on favorably. That is until he got the nomination...

Maybe. He was less smiles and more grumpy toward the end, maybe it was the light under which he was portrayed or maybe the idea of Palin ruining his chances further kept him awake at night.

There's really no journalism debate to be had. If it's not FoxNews, it's left. Its why the only news feeds I have are the BBC and Craig Ferguson.

Guest The Variable
Maybe. He was less smiles and more grumpy toward the end, maybe it was the light under which he was portrayed or maybe the idea of Palin ruining his chances further kept him awake at night.

There's really no journalism debate to be had. If it's not FoxNews, it's left. Its why the only news feeds I have are the BBC and Craig Ferguson.

Well Fox was critical of him from the get go, which I agreed with...and while that may be slanted, there was a definite change of attitude by the other major news outlet between primary McCain and candidate McCain. That sounds pretty insidious, but that is for the individual to decide.

I pretty much use Drudge...I rely less on the source, and more on the content. If you take away all of the flowery diction that a journo with an agenda puts on a news piece, there still remains some meat. Drudge has a good eye for linking a hot story and I take it from there. BBC can be highly biased source especially in relationship to "global warming", though I will admit they did a rather honest piece on how crappy their own healthcare system is over there.

It was clear for some time that the GOP knew whoever was thrown out in '08 was a loser.

Obama's the only reason it was so close. Hillary would've beaten McCain even worse. Definitely would've swung WV and AR.

Truer words have seldom been spoken on this forum. Especially the last three sentences.

It was clear for some time that the GOP knew whoever was thrown out in '08 was a loser.

Obama's the only reason it was so close. Hillary would've beaten McCain even worse. Definitely would've swung WV and AR.

Truer words have seldom been spoken on this forum. Especially the last three sentences.

Word. "Fair and Balanced"...who they fooling? I have no problem with them being a right leaning network. I have no problem with MSNBC being left leaning. I just don't like how their slogan is blatently..."Fair and Balanced"... ugh.

Craig Ferguson has better delivery than any of them, lol.

Guest The Variable

I like Greg Gutfeld, Redeye is one of the best news programs on the air right now.